Meeting Notes Meetings notes from the Mozilla community


SeaMonkey: 2013-09-03

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm


  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty
  • Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
    • (Skipped)

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.




Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree

  • bug 908090 ImportError: No module named json, on SeaMonkey Linux/Windows (all) test runs, due to (still) using Python 2.5. We do have python 2.7 installed but our build system is picking up python 2.5 instead.
  • No Windows langpacks since 8th April on trunk. Needs investigating.
    • (as well as …/mac/xpi/) contain nothing more recent than 2.20a1. Not sure if a bug has been filed. Linux-i686 is OK… when the Linux builders are green of course (see “current linux bustage” bullet item below). Linux-x86_64 langpacks were never built (enhancement bug 892418), so that’s OK too. Callek told me on IRC he has a hunch about why but more pressing things to do first. This is low priority since langpacks are supposed to be the same regardless of on which platform they were built, but it might indicate (I haven’t checked) missing “full builds” for W32 and Mac other than en-US. Tonymec (talk) 17:53, 23 July 2013 (PDT)
  • Newer version of TBPL at [1].
  • Buildmaster up and running, although stuck behind a locked door at the moment.
    • Builds are running and uploading, but tbpl and normal views into the process re not public.
    • Ewong and Callek can manually look at builds and results, as well as generate releases.
    • Callek is hand-approving requests for CLOSED TREE landings until he gets things visible enough to open the tree. (Callek only because these approvals preclude that Callek is watching results manually).
    • Linux64 gstreamer bustage for 2.20+ has now been fixed, Reported in: bug 890594; fixed in bug 886180.
    • Current Linux bustage is caused by Core bug 825708. We are tracking this in bug 910990 (trunk is not compiling due to old header linux/ethtool.h).
  • bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3. Hardware installed and iLO configured. CentOS 6.3 installed.
  • comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* eventually (bug 648979 etc.). Jcrammer is working on this.

Release Train

  • SeaMonkey 2.21 beta 1 expected to be released this week. However we are encountering technical problems so our ship date is at risk (see bug 906976).

Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking

  • See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
  • Addon Compatibility Listings
  • There are now Lightning versions for both SM 2.20 (Lightning 2.5b2) and SM 2.21 betas (Lightning 2.6b1) available on AMO.
    • Might need to point out in release notes that users needs to install the Lightning beta versions for the SeaMonkey releases (as Lightning follows Thunderbird 17.0.x release schedule)
    • Problem: Linking to will provide users with versions that do not put them on the addons beta update channel; also linking to a specific version would need updating with every release
    • Linking to does not jump to the correct page position as loads the user comments for the addon after pageload. So it first moves to the correct position (page anchor) and after that it loads the user comments
  • Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the every 6 weeks. bug 763506
  • Nightly Tester Tools is being actively developed by xabolcs (coder) and whimboo (reviewer) to make it more compatible with comm-central in general and SeaMonkey in particular. See Issues · mozilla/nightlytt · GitHub.
    • See also the Nightly Tester Tools wiki page which details the preferences used by the extension, and the variable names to use in the two of them whose name includes “.template.” Table rows in italics are for variables which are new in version 3.7pre20130806 (see below)
    • NTT 3.6 (with SeaMonkey support, and with zh-CN localization in addition to en-US) has been released and is now the “stable” version at AMO since 10 August. There is also (since 7 August) a “beta” version 3.7pre which supports customizing the titlebar and/or the useragent paste function with either or both of the comm-something and mozilla-something Mercurial changesets. (See “Development Channel” at the bottom of the AMO page.)
  • Plugins: (They are not XPIs but nowadays they are handled by the add-ons manager so they might belong here for lack of a better section on this page.)
    • After bug 549697 the preference plugins.click_to_play doesn’t do anything by itself any more. Instead, when the pref is set to true each installed plugin can be individually set to “always ask” in addition to the options “always activate” and “never activate”. Mcsmurf fixed this in bug 901749 by making “Activate all plugins by default” in SeaMonkey preferences to set the right preference (plugin.default.state).

2.x (Last, Current, Next)

  • [From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available
  • See Basics page for the usual reminders.


open tracking (0)
tracking requests (0)
targeted (2)
fixed (38)


  • Current breakages:
    • [mozilla-central] bug 856270 Update nsEditorSpellCheck to use nsIContentPrefService2.
      • This broke comm-central in various ways:
      • Core bug 887010 InlineSpellChecker.addDictionaryListToMenu fails if called straight after InlineSpellChecker.enabled is set to true (and no async work around).
  • Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
    • Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don’t depend on Ratty noticing such landings.
    • bug 831208 (asyncContentPrefsUse) Refactor asyncContentPrefs consumers to use the async API. Tracked in:
      • bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2.
    • bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
      • bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
    • bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
      • MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
    • bug 737615 Remove use of synchronous cache API from unit tests. Tracked in:
      • bug 804972 Remove synchronous calls to nsICacheSession::openCacheEntry in SeaMonkey tests.
      • Mcsmurf says this is almost fixed but there was a test failure. He will close this bug and open a new one for the failure.
    • bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
    • bug 795144 default –disable-gnomeui icon theme support
      • porting bug needed for the two changesets? Changes could be folded into bug 794772 above. *** IanN and Ewong are looking into this..
    • bug 839034 move markPageAsXXX methods to nsINavHistoryService. Tracked in:
    • bug 627699 Port GTK2 to GTK3. Tracked in:
      • bug 882036 Port GTK2 to GTK3 – SeaMonkey Part.
      • A Red Hat person seems to be working on the GTK3 integration.
    • bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
      • bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
    • bug 825588 Asynchronous JavaScript API for downloads and bug 851471 Decommission nsIDownloadManager. Tracked in:
      • bug 888915 Move SeaMonkey to the new JavaScript API for downloads when nsIDownloadManager is decommissioned.

Feature List, Planning

Private Browsing is now working and uplifted to SeaMonkey 2.19. Currently we are treating this feature as Experimental because although most things are working some edge cases have probably been missed. Hopefully any remaining bugs will be found before we formally announce.

  • Testing would be appreciated! Please file bugs as blocking the meta bug 460895.
  • TODO The about:privatebrowsing page needs UI polish (bug 842439).

Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 18 new, 9 fixed, 12 triaged.

  • Medium triaging effort.

Open reviews/flags:
23 review
7 super-review
2 ui-review
6 feedback

Roundtable – Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).


  • Fixed:
  • Checkin-needed:
  • Review:
    • bug 840427 – Migrate SeaMonkey builders to using mock
    • bug 853720 – After bug 827446, SeaMonkey doesn’t know mozcrash.
  • Working On:
    • bug 110904 – attach signature fails silently on bad paths
    • bug 507676 – Port |Bug 435804 – Remaining rdf cleanup for FilterListDialog| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 837649 – [Tracking Bug] Stop OSX 10.5 support for SeaMonkey project
    • bug 837650 – Stop support for OSX 10.5 in suite/ tree
    • bug 863747 – Add option to disable Location bar history
    • bug 864291 – Remove “Personas” from UI and Help
    • bug 900422 – Debug Preferences should handle nglayout.debug.paint_flashing_chrome


  • Some testing, reviewing and commenting.
  • Fixed:
    • bug 889152 send format html and plain domains set in mailnews.js are ignored
  • Pending check in:
  • Checked in pending review:
  • Waiting for feedback/review:
  • Fixing review comments before checkin:
    • bug 757230 When using add button for permissions in Data Manager set a displayHost
    • bug 798147 Switch to correct pref pane if pref window already open
    • bug 778534 Use image instead of html:img in instant messaging
  • Working on:
    • Various SM Council documents.
    • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
    • bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
    • bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
    • bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
    • File/Folder selection in windows.
  • To Do:
    • bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
    • Prefs-in-a-tab.
    • Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
    • Help get composer standalone builds working with –enable-tests.


Fixed on mozilla-central:

  • bug 907904 Fix string API abuse in JarSignatureVerification.cpp.

Needs to land on comm-central:

  • bug 908141 Password manager does not work on script-generated forms.
  • bug 907406 Check to see whether spelling has been turned off.
  • bug 909263 Undefined references to nsMemory in external API builds.

Would be nice on comm-beta:

  • bug 898781 Opening new tab sometimes causes exceptions in WindowsPreviewPerTab.jsm.
  • bug 899104 “Open all in tabs” from a private browsing window opens tabs in main window instead.
  • bug 868486 Session restore logic appears broken in Browser preference pane.

Waiting for review:

  • bug 910899 Inconsistent references to plugin placeholder elements.

Working on:

  • bug 891904 Turning spellcheck off and on again in an unusual way leaves it in an unusable state.
  • bug 906920 Implement additional toolkit features in XPFE autocomplete widget.

Poking at:

  • bug 514173 Make string literal buffers shareable.


Instead you can view the web console remotely once you enable the built-in debugger. Now with preliminary review, and waiting on full review.


Fixed but waiting for checkin (CLOSED TREE):

  • bug 258361 replace XUL_NAMESPACE with XUL_NS.
  • bug 896384 Follow up to bug 881083 “Validate this page”.
  • bug 900510 Show download progress in OS X app dock icon and simplify taskbar integration.
  • bug 906083 [AMO Integration] Update links to

Working on:

  • bug 58986 The Find dialog should show autocompete with recent searches.
  • bug 900514 Some minor tweaks to Drag and Drop in Downloads UI.
  • bug 876430 Update Dataman for changes in DOMStorage and localStorage.
  • bug 911768 Fix “yield without a value is deprecated, and illegal in ES6” warnings in Suite.

Other stuff:

  • Did some reviews.
  • Bug triage and Bug discussions.
  • Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.

Any other business?

  • Who is going where for the Mozilla Summit 2013?
    • Brussels: Callek, IanN, mcsmurf, Mnyromyr, Neil.
      • Tonymec lives in Brussels but won’t be at the Summit due to Paris/Brussels mixup. Welcome to any Sea Monkeys at his home or in a pub in town!
    • Santa Clara: KaiRo, Ratty.

SeaMonkey Meeting Details

Mozilla Platform: 2013-09-03

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Hot Bugs

(Important bugs for which we need to find owners or additional help. If known, please include suggested team or knowledge needed to advance the bug.)

Orange Factor
  • bug 906378 – Intermittent layout/style/test/test_transitions_per_property.html | application timed out after 330 seconds with no output
    • #1 orange, currently unowned
    • bug 859807 also tracks a similar timeout – (milan: dholbert is looking at this one, it may be just adjusting the timeout)
    • milan: dholbert suggests that two bugs are different, but we’ll see where fixing 859807 takes us
    • milan will find owner(s)


The Need To Know

(Release and system issues that may impact engineering this week.)

Notices/Schedule (akeybl/lsblakk/bajaj)

Next Merge: September 16, 2013 Next Release: September 17, 2013
Central: 26 Aurora: 25 Beta: 24 Release: 23
  • FF24.0b7 for Desktop was shipped on Friday
  • FF24.0b8 has gone to build yesterday and is planned to ship today
  • FF24.0b8 for Mobile is pending due to bugs :
46 bugs (39 bugs last week) 30 bugs (36 bugs last week)
Unresolved Aurora 25 Trackers (non-security, not tracked for Beta) Unresolved Beta 24 Trackers (non-security)

Build Changes (gps)

(Build changes of which engineers should be aware.)

Upcoming Outages/Upgrades

(System outages/upgrades and tree closures that impact engineering.)

  • Not upcoming, but there was an unplanned crash-stats outage for 20 minutes from 2013-08-28 16:14:19,783 to 2013-08-28 16:35:08,147 PST during which data collection halted, the first such outage in 3 years, due to a configuration issue.

Key Issues

(Non team specific issues that impact engineering.)

Team Stand-ups

(In <2 mins, what did your team accomplish last week, on what is your team working on this week, and on what, if anything, is your team blocked? No questions during the stand-ups. All questions should be asked during the roundtable.)

Accessibility (dbolter)

  • Attention toolkit peeps! Trevor made the accessibility syntax part of XUL much nicer (and removed nsIAccessibleProvider). Details are in bug 846185.

Add-on SDK (dtownsend)

Team Meetup last week. Demoed lots of cool ideas:

  • Creating an add-on to share style changes made by the developer tools
  • Allow installing an add-on in Firefox and have it auto-reload when the add-on’s files change
  • Providing common JS loaders to all restartless add-ons and other Firefox code
  • A debugger for add-ons
  • An API to create and run GCLI commands

App Tools (dtownsend)

New screencast for the app manager:

B2G Services (dougt)

<Read Only>

Developer Tools (dcamp)

Luca Greco ported the Ember.js extension to the devtools:

Work week last week:

Firefox Metro (bbondy/jmathies/mbrubeck)

<Read Only>

  • Need to get APZ stable enough to turn on by default. (tracking: bug 886321) Various ‘major’ open issues:
    • bug 904533 – start tab pan wonkiness (wip)
    • bug 902505 – content remains blurry after zoom
    • bug 911167 – High dpi device rendering issues
    • bug 909752 – Pan origin issues when zoomed
    • bug 907124 – Pan content off screen for certain content pages
  • Windows 8.1 incompatibility / perf issues should be fixed this week (bug 907410).
  • Misc. front end polish work continues.

Firefox Mobile (mfinkle/blassey)

Firefox OS Browser (blassey)

  • Done: bug 898478 – “Provide some seamless scrolling mechanism in multi-APZC for B2G dynamic toolbar work
  • Done: bug 906427 – Disallow pinch-zoom on subframes
  • Next: bug 904533 – APZ panning on about:start tab is wonky

Firefox OS Communications (scravag)

<Read Only>

Last week was the end of Comms Apps Sprint 3.

29 points have been closed (24 bugs fixed)

  • Retrospect
    • Get better at estimation
    • Looks like we over commit
    • for public access on visuals / UX spec
    • As Comms Apps has many dependencies, we must improve cross-team communication
      • Oslo discussion with various teams in how to improve cross-team communication
    • Taiwan room seems to add a lot of echo to our calls
  • Demo
    • Bug 887776 – [User Story] Export contact as VCARD to Media Card
    • Sprint3 demo (09/02) covering export contact to Media card: show contact list, select contact, export contact to Media Card, delete contact, import contact from Media Card (also covering duplicate contacts in active mode from Add contact window):
    • Bug 887663 – [User Story] Receiving contact as a VCARD via Bluetooth
    • Bug 840915 – [Settings] FDN Support in Gaia
    • Bug 908679 and bug 871127: Place a new call + new status bar style, WIP
    • Conference call “live” demo

The team is still confident to deliver the 1.2 must have features by 9/16

Firefox OS Devices/Porting/Bluetooth (mchen)

<Read Only>

  • V1.2 Features/Project
    • bug 855655 – [AudioChannelManager] Add New Attribute for Setting Default Control Volume Channel per Window
    • bug 908058 – [ScreenOrientation] add orientation keyword ‘default’ to express normal orientation
    • [ScreenOrientation] Propose new Web API for reporting screen orientation but disabling auto screen orientation. (dev-webapi)
    • bug 873006 – [Bluetooth] Support CDMA for Bluetooth HFP profile
    • [Bluetooth] Integrate A2DP/AVRCP between Gecko & Gaia.
    • [Bluetooth] PTS for new Profiles.
    • [Flatfish] Porting new platform – AllWinner on JB MR1 (4.2)
  • (V1.1) [Helix] bug 904544, bug 909741

Firefox OS Media Apps (hema)

<Read Only>

  • Last Week
    • Completed our first sprint and landed music and video app related features
    • Continue working on the DRM FL prototype
    • Added AVRCP 1.0 support for Music app and continue working on AVRCP 1.3 integration (Bug: 897882)
    • Cleaning up Camera Control API (Bug 909542)
    • Bugs: 900425, 909746, 905784, 909746, 871364, 799998, 905849, 909521, 909746, 831446, 909537, 905008
    • Planned our second sprint (short one ending before Oslo workweek). Details here:
  • This Week
    • Continue working on user stories/bug fixes for our current sprint
    • Discussing features in backlog for next iteration/release

Firefox OS Media Recording (cjku)

<Read Only>

  • bug 898949 – [B2G getUserMedia] Display front/back camera list on permission prompt
  • bug 901805 – reporting network activity in nsUDPSocket
  • bug 904025 – [B2G][WebRTC] media stream should stop when another high priority application request microphone resource
  • bug 909176 – Replace all texture by tiny texture for GL composition
  • bug 908626 – Cache some DisplayItem in reference frame to avoid rebuilding from scratch
  • SkThreadCanvas – separate rendering thread from main thread

Firefox OS Performance (mlee)

<Read Only>

Last Week

  • Toronto Workweek

This Week

Firefox OS Radio/GPS (kenhkchang)

<Read Only>

  • Bugs list,
  • Last week
    • Fix Leo+ and hd+ issues.
    • CDMA, to implement call waiting/switching, CDMA subscription information, DTMF and information record.
    • WAP Push, to implmenet the display function.
    • NFC, to have a work week in Mountain View.
    • WPA-EAP, to implement the importing key function.
    • WIFI-Direct, to implement wifi-direct state machine.
  • This week
    • Fix Leo+ and hd+ issues.
    • CDMA, to implement call waiting/switching, CDMA subscription information, DTMF and information record.
    • WAP Push, to implmenet the MSISDN fileter function.
    • NFC, to implement NFCD, WebAPI, NFC manager and NFC session manager.
    • WPA-EAP, to implement the importing key function.
    • WIFI-Direct, to implement wifi-direct state machine.

Firefox OS Systems – Front End (gwagner)

<Read Only>

  • Replacing bluescreen (offline handling) implementation discussions.
  • Notification API regressions.
  • Final leo+ bugs: 905927
  • Customization underway. Should be done this week.

Firefox OS Systems – Platform (timdream)

<Read Only>

  • Gaia for Tablet: v1.2 must have are all listed on bugzilla with koi+. Working on it. Waiting for home gesture spec from UX.
  • 3rd-party keyboards framework: Was trapped in UI Test and shell.js racing issue but finally resolved and re-landed. Working on follow-ups.
  • Simplified Chinese IME: Re-do patch because of keyboard app behavior change.
  • Gaia build script: First patch landed, was trapped in some Windows build issue but resolved. Working on add-on and unit test framework.
  • Window management upgrade: Many of patch is still in review, next: activity window
  • Gaia for qHD/WVGA: hd? bugs are pending on our scheduling changes
  • CDMA phone support: On-going. CDMA OTSAP is blocked on Gecko API. Building emulator to test emergency callback (instead of actually calling the police)
  • BT feature support: working on pairing issues. To be demoed next week.

Read more about our on-going work here.

GFX (milan)

<Read Only>

  • Video and camera performance on B2G
  • SkiaGL on B2G

Identity (jedp)

<Read Only>
– Crew at SF workweek for Persona in FTE on FirefoxOS

JS (naveed)

<Read Only>

  • Last Week
    • Compiler (JIT)
      • bug 910960: Improve codegen of TypeBarrier 7% on richards
      • Investigated lifting DOM accesses from loops – found issue with shape checks being aliased loads
    • Garbage Collection
      • Have rooting static analysis running on build slave (“tbpl static analysis”) via buildbot
      • bug 726687: Landed change to key marking for GGC
    • Front End and Other
      • bug 893363: Continued improvements for ‘perf’ support on ARM
  • Blockers
    • None

Media (mreavy)

<Read Only>

  • Daala – coding party in MV Sept 30th to Oct 3rd — if interested, contact Maire (
  • Fixed the main source of crashes for Android H.264 playback bug 860599
  • WebRTC:
    • Landed 3.34 stable in media/webrtc/trunk. No known regressions so far 🙂
    • Plan to uplift major latency improvement to Aurora/25 (bug 884365)
    • Latency monitoring work underway (padenot, crypt, jesup)
    • Stats API and about: stats page for webrtc landing soon (bug 902003 et al)
    • Initial Telemetry patches landed
    • Starting work on end-to-end quality measurements in automation.

Necko (dougt/jduell)

<Read Only>

  • Gum tree is now green for all tests using new cache API plus old cache backend.
    • a few lingering issues with new backend
    • hopefully ready for initial reviews soon.

Performance (vladan)

  • We’re starting three new projects:
  1. measuring & improving power use on desktop
  2. making plugin launch & shutdown async
  3. bug 760356,bug 772484: eliminating the add-on compatibility dialog box on first start after Firefox update

Seceng (sstamm)

no update

Quality Programs

(An opportunity to hear about status with the various quality programs that do not have a formal team structure.)

MemShrink (njn)

Fabrice Desré landed two multi-MB wins for the B2G main process.

Pin Zhang rewrote FM Radio in C++ (replacing the JS implementation) but results appear to be a wash.

OrangeFactor (ryanvm)

  • Past week’s OrangeFactor: 10.81 (Previous Week: 5.34). (!!!)
  • At the other end of the spectrum – mozilla-beta OrangeFactor: 0.83 – OHHH MYYY \m/
  • Shout-outs to jdm and smichaud for landing fixes for bugs 686828 and bug 884471, which eliminated many frequent oranges.
  • 26 intermittent failures fixed in the last week – List – Thanks!.

Stability (kairo/bsmedberg)

  • [ Overall numbers look mostly good, we’ll need to look into the sources of high startup crash numbers on desktop Nightly as well as mobile Nightly/Aurora.


(Comments and questions that arise during the course of the meeting or otherwise do not have a section.)

  • (Read only) Mozilla provides a platform where (currently employees only) can host web sites and services, kinda like EC2. More info at Consider using it for hosting your next Mozilla-related side project because transitioning from this service to IT-managed service is relatively pain free.

<Read only beyond this point>

Friends of the Tree

There were lots of great changes by volunteers in Core and Toolkit during the past week. Thanks to all of these contributors for their passion and hard work! Here are some highlights:

  • Guillermo López (willyaranda) stopped wakeup information from being sent with UDP push notifications (bug 910686).
  • Joshua Cranmer (jcranmer) helped out with the ongoing build conversion process (bug 906783, bug 910540).
  • Landry Breuil (gaston) added BSD support to WebRTC (bug 807492, bug 909005).
  • Max Stepin stopped transparent areas appearing in APNG files (bug 900200).
  • Richard Marti (paenglab) fixed the hover styling for autocomplete popups on Aero (bug 909813).
  • Masatoshi Kimura (emk) hid a bunch of interfaces from web content (bug 909340, bug 910291, bug 910751, bug 911243).
  • Mina Almasry (mina) fixed a potential GL performance hazard (bug 775843).
  • Tapas Kumar Kundu made the screen orientation observer use the acceleration sensor instead of the orientation one (bug 788975).
  • Brian O’Keefe helped out with the ongoing build conversion process (bug 875934).
  • Rick Eyre implemented VTTCue (bug 868509).
  • Valentin Gosu stopped the about:networking dashboard from leaking private browsing data (bug 909050).
  • Adam Dane (hobophobe) fixed a problem with multipart image mime sniffing ((bug 907575).
  • Martin Stránský (stransky) closed a loophole that allowed installing addons in certain circumstances (bug 815120).
  • David Zbarsky (dzbarsky) added support for non-null default values for WebIDL unions (bug 903277).
  • Xidorn Quan fixed a spacing bug in SVG content (bug 829825).
  • Ivan Alagenchev (ialagenchev) added missing flag sets for mixed content blocking (bug 838396).
  • Kai Engert (kaie) allowed SSL to set exceptions on IPV6 addresses (bug 633001).
  • Birunthan Mohanathas (poiru) limited email inputs to a maximum character length (bug 884332).

Mailing List Threads

(Threads that are likely to be of interest to engineering from various mailing lists.)

Good Reads

(Links to blog posts, books, videos, etc. that you think will be of interest to others.)

irc #planning Log From Today’s Meeting

[2:00pm] lmandel:
[2:00pm] davidb joined the chat room.
[2:00pm] khuey: lmandel: where is the meeting in SF?
[2:00pm] lmandel: khuey: Noise Pop
[2:01pm] khuey: lmandel: the wiki doesn't say that
[2:01pm] ehsan left the chat room. (Input/output error)
[2:01pm] laura: dcamp: the shirt makes up for it
[2:01pm] ehsan joined the chat room.
[2:01pm] jimb joined the chat room.
[2:01pm] dcamp: laura: this is definitely a Mossop shirt.
[2:01pm] laura: hehehe
[2:01pm] lmandel: khuey: You're right. It should be war field.
[2:01pm] lmandel: But I see people in Noise Pop
[2:01pm] davidb: dcamp: will you stand in for any daves?
[2:01pm] dcamp: davidb: any daves that gave me up to 24 hour warning
[2:02pm] davidb: bah
[2:02pm] RyanVM|Sheriff joined the chat room.
[2:02pm] jaws: nothing on air.mozilla for the meeting yet
[2:03pm] dcamp: lmandel: I also plan to steamroller over dougt's update and do all of mine at the same time.  Want me to reorg the notes?
[2:03pm] lmandel: dcamp: Have at it.
[2:03pm] kats joined the chat room.
[2:03pm] khuey: lmandel: warfield is booked by someone else
[2:04pm] dougt: i don't have much of an update today.
[2:04pm] dolske: BLOOD
[2:04pm] laura: lmandel: added an outage notice, hit refresh
[2:04pm] dougt: yeah, just reading that too. 
[2:04pm] khuey: lmandel: anyways nobody has kicked us out of noise pop yet
[2:04pm] dcamp: actually I don't want to midair other updates, so I'll wait
[2:05pm] dcamp: dougt: it's not personal.
[2:05pm] dougt: the shirt?
[2:05pm] Waldo joined the chat room.
[2:05pm] Waldo: look who's jst in time 
[2:05pm] khuey: Waldo--
[2:05pm] davidb: "sorry folks - no live air mozilla today"
[2:06pm] milan left the chat room. (Input/output error)
[2:06pm] ddahl_ left the chat room. (Ping timeout)
[2:07pm] breck joined the chat room.
[2:08pm] geo- left the chat room. (Quit: Linkinus -
[2:08pm] lmandel: we're recording. Will be posted to air mozilla later
[2:10pm] jedp left the chat room. (Quit: Computer has gone to sleep.)
[2:11pm] tracy|lunch is now known as tracy.
[2:11pm] tracy left the chat room.
[2:11pm] mfinkle: dcamp, remote inspector ?
[2:11pm] jet|pto left the chat room. (Quit: jet|pto)
[2:11pm] joduinn is now known as joduinn-mtg.
[2:12pm] dougt: dcamp is having too much fun.
[2:12pm] ted joined the chat room.
[2:12pm] kar left the chat room. (Ping timeout)
[2:12pm] margaret: gavin is on a plane
[2:12pm] dcamp: I am.
[2:12pm] ctalbert joined the chat room.
[2:12pm] marcia_ joined the chat room.
[2:12pm] ted: i don't think i've ever seen the "conference is being recorded" indicator
[2:13pm] dveditz: I think we've used it a week or two here
[2:13pm] • Waldo likes how dcamp's camera is in the being-interviewed-for-a-documentary position
[2:13pm] kar joined the chat room.
[2:13pm] margaret: Waldo: haha
[2:13pm] dcamp: better than interviewed for a reality tv show
[2:13pm] ted: haha
[2:13pm] lmandel: RyanVM|Sheriff: Anything to call out today (apart from the hot bug)?
[2:13pm] ted: all status updates will now be delivered in the style of the real world interviews
[2:14pm] RyanVM|Sheriff: lmandel: nah
[2:14pm] lmandel: KaiRo: anything from you today?
[2:14pm] Waldo: margaret, dcamp: the t-shirt fits the pose well, too
[2:14pm] dcamp: I want to be clear
[2:14pm] KaiRo: lmandel: no
[2:14pm] dcamp: I'm pretty sure "blood" on this shirt refers to "family"
[2:14pm] dcamp: skulls and machine guns aside
[2:15pm] Waldo: let me know, I'll find a crips shirt to wear next time to complete it 
[2:15pm] vladan joined the chat room.
[2:15pm] johnath: vladan: safari was making a bunch of noise about power use testing a while back - do we know anything about their harness?
[2:15pm] Preeti left the chat room. (Quit: Leaving.)
[2:15pm] vladan: i don't, others might. i can get back to you on that
[2:15pm] vladan: ^ johnath
[2:15pm] dolske: dcamp: BLOOP
[2:16pm] dcamp: sometimes
[2:16pm] ted: didn't Microsoft do power use testing sometime in the recent past?
[2:16pm] dcamp: the pdx Widmer room does not disconnect
[2:16pm] dcamp: no matter how hard I try.
[2:17pm] dolske: ted: I think that was Apple
[2:17pm] jjensen left the chat room. (Quit: is away)
[2:17pm] bmoss left the chat room. (Ping timeout)
[2:17pm] milan joined the chat room.
[2:17pm] dolske:
[2:17pm] victorporof left the chat room. (Quit: victorporof)
[2:18pm] johnath: vladan: ^^
[2:18pm] kats left the chat room.
[2:19pm] dolske: afaik they never said anything about exactly how they arrived at those numbers.
[2:19pm] ted: dolske:
[2:19pm] ted: is what i'm thinking of
[2:19pm] sfink is now known as sfink|afk.
[2:19pm] sfink|afk is now known as sfink|earthquake.
[2:19pm] sfink|earthquake is now known as sfink|plague.
[2:19pm] ted: we looked pretty good in those tests

Engineering Meeting Details

  • Tuesday 2013-09-0311:00 am Pacific
  • Dial-in: conference# 98411
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 98411
    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 98411
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 98411
    • FR/Paris: +33 1 44 79 34 80, x92 Conf# 98411
  • Engineering Vidyo Room / Air Mozilla / MTV Warp Core / TOR Finch / SFO Warfield / PDX Widmer
  • join #planning for back channel


Mozilla Project: 2013-09-02

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

All-hands Status Meeting Agenda

Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.

Upcoming Events

Monday, 02 September

  • MAKER PARTY: London, UK: Campus Party is an annual week long, 24-hours-a-day technology festival where thousands of “Campuseros” (hackers, developers, gamers and technophiles) equipped with laptops camp on-site and immerse themselves in a truly unique environment.
  • MAKER PARTY: Flintstone, USA: Web designers generally post a “Hello World!” statement when they create their first page. “Hello World!” workshop will help potential webmakers create their first page. They will go over the process of signing up with a (free) host, downloading an FTP client and uploading your first real index page. Think of it as a quick glance at intro to web design. Afterwards, they will look into expanding upon their web site, including what kind of site they’d like to build. Whether it’s informational, member based or ecommerce, they can get the open-source tools to build it.
  • MAKER PARTY: Andhra Pradesh, India: MozKarimnagar invites participants to tussle with very best minds across the city. Come & Join to learn, hack and celebrate. Participants will learn HTML5, JavaScript and CSS3 so that they can build next generation apps for the Firefox OS which is based on HTML5. Participants will receive hands on help and Technology leaders from Mozilla will showcase the new technologies, platforms and opportunities. It’s a great opportunity to share a stage with an audience of peers, as well tech leaders and innovators.

Tuesday, 03 September

  • MAKER PARTY: Tamil Nadu, India: WebConnect will teach the web technology, how to build the webpage, and how to host and manage a website.

Thursday, 05 September

  • Manager Hacking – 9am PT – More Info
    • Topic: Selecting Your Communication Style
    • Open to all
    • (MTV) 10 Forward, (SF) 7-Forward, (TOR) TOR-Commons , Remote – Vidyo or Air Mozilla
  • MAKER PARTY: East Java, Indonesia: STIKOM Firefox Club Webmaker Event will teach participants on how to make a profile from web using mozilla technology. Participats will also learn of Open Source Application from Linux User Group STIKOM Surabaya.

Friday, 06 September

  • MAKER PARTY: Makati City, Philippines: Maker Party Valero will help participants start creating something on the Web or teach others with the help of Mozilla’s Webmaker tools! Start learning about the Web and start learning how we can teach everyone, regardless of professional/academic background, to become part of the generation of Webmakers!

Saturday, 07 September

  • MAKER PARTY: Brighton, UK: Two-Day Brighton Mini-Maker Faire weekend, with Make Things Do Stuff partners, running workshops for young people and adults! This is part of the month-long Brighton Digital Festival.
  • MAKER PARTY: Toronto, Canada: Two-Day MaRS Energy Hackathon is calling on developers, designers, energy experts and budding entrepreneurs to create apps and hardware that make use of the Green Button Connect My Data open API and other sample datasets. The goal? Your brainchild will help consumers better understand, access and manage their electricity consumption.

Sunday, 08 September

  • MAKER PARTY: Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan: Create A Website and get it live on the web! Andy will help participants with the technical details and teach how to do it.
  • MAKER PARTY: Tamil Nadu, India: E-COMMERCE MEET’13 allows attendees, who are already familiar in webmaking, to conduct sessions about their experiences in the Industry as well as sessions on new technologies.

Product Status Updates (voice updates)

Firefox OS

No Audible: Firefox OS Performance team meeting (almost work week) happened in Toronto, Canada, last week. This is to bootstrap the performance work effort to ensure Firefox OS stay fast.


Presenter Title Topic Location Share? Media More Details
Who Are You? What Do You Do? What are you going to talk about? Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space) Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info) Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen Link to where audience can find out more information


Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we’ll do our best to get you an answer.

Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!

Who are you? Area of question Question
What’s your name? What do you work on? Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc. What would you like to know?


Let’s say hello to some new Mozillians!


Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.

« Newer Posts

Powered by WordPress