All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Dan Parsons & Greg Cox (Mozilla IT) for their relentless pursuit of a NetApp performance bug that had been impacting Hg & ftp.mozilla.org.
Monday, 29 October
- SecReview: Mobile-APIs for Java Code in Addons – 13:00 PST
- Mozilla’s Boston Mozilla Space is closed today due to the storm and will be closed until Boston’s Mayor Menino lifts the state of emergency. (the actual space that Mozilla’s office is in, is unstaffed today.
- Everyone on the East Coast of the US, stay safe! For those that work with folks in the US Northeast, beware that they may not be responsive at times Mon – Wed as Hurricane Sandy hits hard.
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Getting great feedback on social, thanks for that, keep it coming.
- Trying to figure out if flash issues related to social are happening on beta, or only on nightly/aurora. Can you help? bug 805331
- Accelerating update rates bug 803181
- Check out Dave’s post, What is Jetpack here for?
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Still feeling positive about ARMv6 in FF17
- Big improvements landing on Nightly
- Homescreen search widget
- Lightweight themes (née personas)
- Reflow on zoom
No verbal updates today – will start regular weekly product updates after Sandy-ocalypse. See (way) below for meta updates. Hope to see you at MozFest!
- No audio – text update below in the non-audible section.
Speaker Location: David in San Francisco
Three community building workshops will be run over the next two weeks:
- Designing projects for participation — Thursday, 11/1 at 10 pacific — 3G in Mountain View
- Identifying contributors — Tuesday, 11/6 at 10 pacific — Boardroom on 7th floor in San Francisco
- Measuring & evaluating — Thursday, 11/8 at 10 pacific — Bay Bridge in 3rd floor in San Francisco
All workshops accessible through Vidyo in David Boswell’s vidyo room and will also be recorded and made available publicly.
|Title||Presenter||Topic||Media|| More Details|
|Capture Mozilla||Dino Anderson and Dia Bondi||Using video to capture and share knowledge (from know-how to cultural) across the Mozilla community.|| https://wiki.mozilla.org/Grow/Viki|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location|| Will be working on|
|Andrea Zingerman||Mathew Caldwell||Mountain View, CA|| University Programs Coordinator|
|Tyler Downer||David Tenser||San Francisco, CA|| Support Analyst|
|Hannes Verschore||David Mandelin||Netherlands|| Software Engineer|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- Product, PM and Eng meeting with TEF in London last week. Common ground found, hurdles hurdled.
- Work week in San Francisco next week!
- Dogfooding devices shipping out to initial set of signer-uppers in the supported offices. Follow the comments by dogfooders here: https://b2gtestdrivers.allizom.org/comments_table.
- Engineering is busy driving down the final feature work for partner requirements and device certification.
- Last week’s release withheld due to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=760631
- New target is next week after the Engagement team’s work week
- pushed redirect bug fixes
- working on sitemap bug
- Small release today – https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;target_milestone=24;product=Socorro;list_id=4765891
- Django-rewrite (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=788003) is going well; new bugs added frequently
- still behind VPN; needs to pass App/InfraSec review before we stage it properly
- New features are in the pipeline to land that will support the B2G teams needs
- Manual & Automation opportunities for helping test these features
- Moztrap birt reports
- Met (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Auto-tools/Projects/B2G_Test_And_Performance) with the A-team to figure out on-device Gaia-test running: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=801898
- Smoke tests written for taking picture, video, making call, sending sms, adding contact. Overall stability not there but fundamentals are being built.
- Release scheduled for this week – Sentry/Bouncer location availability improvements
- Firefox’s Social API debuts with Facebook Messenger
- Mozilla Partners with Facebook for Social API
- Mozilla’s New Social API Lets You Bring Facebook Along Wherever You Surf The Web
MozFest is November 9-11 in London.
At MozFest, we are launching:
- Webmaker badges – get recognition for your learning and skill development while you make something awesome on the Web.
- Popcorn Maker – now its easy to build awesome Popcorn-ified videos and learn web literacy skills in the process.
Also exploring and scoping:
- Mobile for Webmaker
- Hackable Games
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600
- US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600
- Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600