Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who’s taking minutes? –> andreasn
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
We published first study a couple of weeks ago so we got the first batch of data back now. Unfortunately Metrics is moving their hardware so we can’t get the data right now, but we’ll get access to it soon. The data might be scewed due to ui issues we had in test pilot, so we’ll push out the first study again with those ui issues fixed.
- Most of the major polish bugs have landed.
- We’ve just switched over to YouSendIt’s production server
- We’re still not getting the user’s total storage quota, which is necessary in order to complete the YSI usage graph.
- Getting “Gateway Timeout” on file deletion on the production server. I’ll file a bug after this meeting.
- Fixing lots of UI bugs
- Working on instant messaging and mail integration.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 24 April
- For information about channels, point people here – http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Still a couple of bugs left, but we’re in reasonable state.
Thunderbird 3.1.x & ESR
- End of Life for Thunderbird 3.1 on April 24th
Extension of the week
- This week’s extension is a Theme named Walnut2. It make Thunderbird look like being build out of wood. And looks quite nice.
- Nothing sexy to repport
- Thunderbird recruitment campaign: the goal is to organize a short and pro-active recruitment campaign during month of May. It will mainly focus on explaining what we expect from contributors accross different functions in the Thunderbird group. We think that it’s still intimidating to enroll within community.
- TB3.1 and earlier version: EOL campaign started. Migration article in Knowledge base with Video on YouTube done.
- New start page released for EN versions with Tip of the Week.
- On going communication on FB and Twitter.
Build / Release Update
- Last week: The main bulk of code and config changes reviewed/landed to get Thunderbird building on Firefox infrastructure.
- This week: aiming to start doing “parallel builds” of Thunderbird on the new infrastructure. These will go into a thunderbird-test directory on ftp. Continue to monitor progress in bug 698843.
- Releasing Thunderbird 12.0 final on Tuesday, April 24
- Thunderbird 12.0 beta 5 ‘go’ today or tomorrow.
- Thunderbird 3.1.x EOL next week. One more set of major updates to be published to give users an opportunity to move to Thunderbird 12.
- built a script to save time with localizers and the l10n dashboard
- start page is live on en-US, l10n will begin this week with tip content. Tips will be changed once every three weeks, or so.
- Tip articles ready to go:
- Two new practicum students
- Major update to Sending and Receiving Emails article
- JB asked for dev docs for FileLink – we have some now, and we will get more.
- Next Thunderbird Support Day will be Wed April 25th the day after TB12 release. We’d love your help, no experience required!
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- TB 3.1->TB11 Upgrade Video is out in English, Check it out on the Thunderbird 3.1 Upgrade Knowledge Base article! We’d love your help localizing it into all other languages!
- 1259 new support topics (1459 two weeks ago ) – Media:9-15April2012-GS-TB-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 11 Support Issues – Please edit and add any issues or bugs found in TB11 and tag them tb11
- See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- TB community day June 1st (not confired yet)
- TB support camp before Mozcamp Europe
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.