Meeting Notes

29-September-2010

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-29

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Mobile/Notes/29-Sep-2010

From MozillaWiki

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Schedule

  • Beta 1: We are frozen, except for remaining blockers

  • Design frozen: Yes! but, still working with UX on small things that come up
  • Beta 2 code freeze: TBD

Major Topics for This Week

  • Fennec bump version to 4.0

Front-end

  • Working on any Beta 1 blockers that appear

  • Also working on Beta 2 blockers
    • We have 18 b2 blockers waiting to land

    • We have 36 patches waiting to land overall
  • Features (see Planning page)
    • Work re-started on scroll indicators

    • Need to re-evaluate the page interactions feature
    • Master Password has been dropped for 2.0
    • Google search suggestions in awesomebar has been dropped for 2.0
  • New Core (nee Android) theme is underway
    • Martell is supplying styles and glyphs

    • WIP patch is underway

UX design

Maemo

Qt

  • Fixed bug that caused Qt builds to crash after 20s of idle.

  • Build still is missing lots of integration points (like hildon input, upload file dialog)

Android

  • Custom library loader bug 588607 waiting for review

  • Standard packaging path for APK generation working bug 567873

Electrolysis

Layers

General Platform

Geolocation Working Group

  • TPAC first week of Nov.

  • Disabled wifi scanning on < XP sp3 (not mobile, but interesting)
  • Fixed a PM bug – thanks mwu!

Video

Camera

  • unless it isn’t clear, camera is NOT blocking fennec 2.0

Plugins

Performance

  • alon identified hot spots in the IPC communication using a new tool. Has pretty pictures too.

    • Based on this, and input from dwitte, reduced Ts & Txul significantly.

    • More to come, possiblity
      • content preference

      • network cookies
  • Changing child process priority

Networking

  • We have reviews needing love from a necko peer.

Graphics

Startup

Layout

Content

Release Engineering

  • release updates

    • still pending review

    • testing has hit snags
  • softlinked chinook nightly repos to fremantle
  • android tests
    • first dots in graphs-stage

    • working on getting the patch reviewable
    • need to track down where the order for 10 MV tegras is
  • maemo tp4
    • nochrome is finishing in ~5min?

    • chrome is hanging.
  • clobbered scratchbox to fix old versioned debs

QA

Manual

Automation

  • android – results in releng staging! congrats BEAR!

    • one patch needs landing for mochitest on android bug 598366 [FIXED]

    • SUTAgent has had some fixes in the last week bug 600266 [PATCHED + REVIEWED]
    • a couple patches working through the review queue for talos on android bug 596132 [PATCHED + REVIEWED]
    • tpan/tzoom work on android, but tzoom is still orange in general bug 600590
    • page loader tests works for android, needs review bug 599494
  • browser-chrome – need some attention, carryover from last week

    • new test files bug 489163 [NO PATCH]

    • 4 bugs left in order to run green:
      • bug 598957 – browser_preferences_basic panning is busted

      • bug 598962 – Viewport browser-chrome tests failures (fix underway!)
      • bug 600528 – browser-sessionstore.js gets a timeout on linux desktop browser-chrome tests
      • bug 600529 – browser_mainui.js failure [FIXED]
    • need to land patch bug 597056 to remove firefox tests from mobile tests [FIXED]
  • [mochitest: green]

    • bug 590248 and bug 587646 account for 60% of known mochitest failures on n900!, no progress on these two bugs?! Still no traction on this – WEEK #6, can we get 6 weeks with nobody looking at these?

    • considering running a small subset of passing tests for android mochitests so we have results that people will use.

Other

  • Tests with patches.

    • Do it

    • Good for the code base
    • Find new existing bugs
    • Will protect Fennec against other peoples changes

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-29

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Firefox/Planning/2010-09-29

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Agenda

  • actions from last week:

  • schedule and progress on upcoming releases
  • review highlights and notices
  • respond to questions and concerns

Action Items

Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases

Firefox 3.6.11 and 3.5.14

  • We are checking on two blockers, as they may still be able to land today

  • Once we get word back about them we will land and/or be ready to build without them
  • I am checking the top crasher reports to make sure there are no crashers in functions we took changes to
  • Geo is checking to make sure we don’t regress ASLR support on Windows, as we took changes to NSS and NSPR and shouldn’t have had to carry our custom patches forward
  • I intend to give the go for build today (on schedule), timing depends on the above

Input

Input 1.8

Input 1.9

  • ETA: 10/7

  • Features: Product differentiation on Themes and Sites, fallout from 1.8 release

Jetpack SDK 0.8

Jetpack SDK 0.9

  • tree thawed for development on Friday, September 24

  • tree freezes for stabilization on Wednesday, October 13 (11am PT, 18:00UTC)
  • on tap: passing tests on recent Firefox 4 nightlies, progress on E10S (the new bane of my existence), conversion of event-handling API to EventEmitter model, and more
  • based on the current trajectory, we do not expect to reach beta with this release nor a feature-complete beta by end Q4, although we hear our Firefox-team-based rocketeers are itching to get back to Jetpack development, which could change that, and we are scratching for them to do so!
  • planning for the next four releases is underway, see discussion for details

Add-on Builder 1.0a5

  • pushed to production Thursday, September 23

  • Daniel Buchner taking on product management
  • AMO team taking on development

Highlights / Notices

  • Firefox 4 Beta 6 Feedback

    • Positives

      • Love the new UI

      • Love the speed enhancements
      • Love App Tabs, Panorama
    • Issues/bugs
Issue

SUMO

Input

Buglink
“The operation can not be completed because of an internal failure.”

~250 users

76

bug 588511 [FIXED]
NTLM proxies block HTTPS sites

~170

41

bug 592197 [FIXED]
Direct2D-related (flash/text rendering)

~120 (mostly font/blurry)

32 (text) + 28 (flash rendering) + 14 (video controls)

bug 588880, bug 593839, bug 579597, bug 595277
title bar is black (+ OSX)

10

38

bug 588550 [FIXED],bug 594992

Questions and Concerns

  • [joduinn] Can we schedule another prompted (unthrottled) Major Update?

    • Still have ~34% of users on FF3.0, FF3.5.

    • according to https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases#Previous_Releases, we’ve only offered prompted MU twice since shipping FF3.6.0:
      • March11-22: Firefox 3.5.8 / 3.0.19 -> Firefox 3.6.0

      • July13-20: Firefox 3.5.10 / 3.0.19 -> Firefox 3.6.6
    • [clegnitto] We had planned to do this last week, people had concerns it was too soon and would cause update fatigue. My plan is to do it next week (resources permitting)

Press & Public Reactions

28-September-2010

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-28

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2010-09-28

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Current Release Schedules
Thunderbird 3.2 Thunderbird 3.1.5 Thunderbird 3.0.9
To Be Announced

  • Code freeze: Sept 30 @ 23:59 PDT

  • L10n freeze: Oct 3 @ 23:59 PDT
  • Builds start: Oct 4
  • QA with builds start: Oct 5
  • Beta period starts: Oct 6
  • Final release: Oct 14
  • Code freeze: Oct 1 @ 23:59 PDT

  • L10n freeze: Oct 4 @ 23:59 PDT
  • Builds start: Oct 5
  • QA with builds start: Oct 6
  • Beta period starts: Oct 7
  • Final release: Oct 14

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Agenda

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)

  • 86% retention of Funnel Cake 2 after 3 weeks, inline with Funnel Cake 1 which was at 87%.

  • ISP Conversion between 40-50% rate. Top missing domains: ocn.ad.jp, cox.net, aon.at, psmtp.com, interia.pl, telenet-ops.be, netease.com, centrum.cz, synacor.com, outlook.com.

Thunderbird Development

Feature Work

  • account provisioner design, coding, and other work ongoing

Experiments

  • MuteThread posted to Labs Messaging blog

  • Up next: GMail Conversation View
  • Updates for Mailing List Manager, Contacts on deck.
  • Sync Add-on further out.
  • On schedule to release an add-on a week for the next month or so

3.2

  • 3.2 planned to be released from a comm-1.9.2 branch

  • Waiting for account provisioning discussions to progress before making decision on if/when to cut it.

Trunk Development

Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases

  • 3.1.5 and 3.0.9 now being planned, patches landing.

  • Bug Lists: 3.1, 3.0
Major updates to 3.1
  • 3.0.4 -> 3.1.4 going live today

  • 3.0.8 -> 3.1.4 will be unthrottled today.

QA Updates

  • Preparing test day for this Thursday.

  • Crash-stats being half broken as some impact post releases.
  • Thunderbird-tester is our low traffic mailing list where announces of testing events are made.

Marketing Updates

  • PR Update: Nice article on backing up Thunderbird, a nod to our Tabs, and several mentions with the Mozilla Seabird announcement

  • ADUs: 6.2MM ADUs, 62% on our latest version, downloads still steady at 90k a day range. Back to levels before the Summer and slightly ahead.
  • Web Site Task Force Update – notes from mtg, focused on Domain Names strategy, Archiving old sites, and Web Fonts. Starting to get into the details/issues. So far, plans are making sense.

Infrastructure Update

  • Try running packaged mozmill *and* xpcshell tests

  • libxul
  • Tinderboxpushlog updated
  • bloat builders renamed to ‘leak test build’
  • Ordered additional hardware to expand build capacity

Build / Release Update

  • John Hopkins (:jhopkins) now the primary contact for Thunderbird Build and Release Engineering and will start weekly updates next week.

  • build@mozillamessaging.com (and bugzilla) is still the right place to contact us

Web Update

  • ISPDB

  • Andrei (:sancus) will be giving us a status update next week.

Documentation

Support

  1. 655 new support topics down 22% (840 last week) looking into why it’s down so much!

  2. 3.1 Support Issues
  3. about:support add-on is looking great! will blog about it on mozilla labs to get more feedback, next step would be to land it in Thunderbird! thanks sid0!
  4. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details –

Lightning Updates

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

  • dmose has drafted participation survey; expect to see posts requesting input soon

Attendees

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-28

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2010-09-28

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Notices / Schedule

Firefox 4 Beta

  • still waiting on code freeze for beta 7 (see blocker report)

  • will be doing triage again at the end of this meeting
  • roundtable discussion to be held on whether or not to keep tree closed

Firefox 3.6.11 and 3.5.14

  • Code freeze is tonight @ 11:59 pm PDT

  • Still have too many blockers (see blocker section)
  • Will be deferring anything < sgcrit and not a recent regression
  • Will be looking for overlap between FF4beta7 blockers and branch blockers
  • Will be bugging people, especially if they have bugs that have patches on m-c

Blocker Report

Firefox 4 Beta

Firefox 3.6.11 and 3.5.14

Firefox Development

Q3 Goals Redux:

  • [DONE] Feature complete Firefox 4

  • [AT RISK] Dirty profile startup within 20% of clean profile
  • [MISSED] API-Complete, E10s-aware Jetpack

Q4 Goals Preview:

Firefox

  • [NEW] Finish Firefox 4 (0 Firefox/Toolkit blockers)

  • [CARRY OVER] API-Complete Jetpack
  • [NEW] Stand up basic Firefox with Electrolysis

Developer Tools

  • [NEW] Finish Firefox 4 developer tools (0 blocking developer tools bugs)

  • [NEW] Ensure that Firefox 4 ships with a compatible version of Firebug
  • [NEW] Publish a roadmap for integrated developer tools in Firefox, including console, inspection, and js debugging
  • [NEW] Develop long term plan for Skywriter maintenance/support

Platform

(there is a team-by-team goals breakdown, as well)

  • [ON TRACK] Javascript performance near or even with Chrome 5 on their benchmarks (within 20% on SS, 30% on V8), with substantial wins on our benchmarks. (Windows, in-browser.)

  • [MISSED] Hardware acceleration of video and other HTML and SVG content, as well as user interface, on by default for compatible hardware on all Tier-1 desktop and mobile platforms.
  • [ON TRACK] Fully support the WebGL 1.0 spec, with support turned on by default in a Firefox 4 beta on platforms that support OpenGL or OpenGL ES.
  • [MISSED] security: zero reproducible high/crit > 30 days
  • [DONE] Support multi-process Fennec.
  • [DONE] Support Jetpacks running in separate processes and never blocking the Fennec UI. NOTE: jetpack team hasn’t actually integrated this code yet, but it works in small test environments.

GFX

  • Proposal: Let OpenGL be turned on on Mac for Beta 7 despite talos regressions.

    • Data: ~90 ms Ts regression that is very hard to impossible to work around (we can’t do it asynchronously on a different thread). Proposal: Deal with it in the same way we’re dealing with Direct3D 9 Ts regressions, by putting *other* things on a different startup thread.

    • ~6% Tp4 regression (down from ~10%). Proposal: Let it in for now and do everything we can to get it back down.
    • Reasons this is probably OK:
      • We expect this to provide a lot of benefit for some currently quite slow pages.

      • We need more testing for this to be in a position to be releasable for b7.
      • It’s just a switch – we can turn it back off.
    • Alternative:
      • Don’t release OpenGL support on Mac with Firefox 4.

      • Allow it in post-b7.
  • Resolution: Let OpenGL in on OS X for nightlies, and reconvene before beta 7 final to decide if we should keep it on for the beta.
    • Joe to announce this decision as well as talking about the benefits of accelerated layers using OpenGL.

Layout

  • people working on blockers

  • as of 6:45pm Monday, 169 total blockers (includes layout, editor, widget, audio/video), including 25 ready to land, 14 waiting for review

Content (aka Compartments this week)

  • Got through ~90% of Mochitest and identified a couple of wide impact issues

  • window.location prototype patch on hand, needs integrating.

JS

  • Method JIT blockers coming along. Blocked on OS X 10.5.8 build following merge from mozilla-central change to build configuration.

Tree Management

  • New colo now online

    • Moving test machines should be invisible to developers. Slight hit to capacity as machines are in transit.

    • Start bringing more fast builders online in new colo.
    • no downtimes needed
  • OSX universal builds – nightly updates disabled, pending fixes from Josh. bug 571367
  • gcc-4.5 switchover (take 3!)

    • Ready to try switching over again, has been attempted on try and Taras says there are no unexpected test failures.

Roundtable

  • [beltzner] mozilla-central tree status

    • proposal A: tag and branch for beta7 now or soon, re-open mozilla-central to blockers, dual-land remaining 32 bugs. No builds-on-checkin on RELBRANCH.

    • proposal B: keep mozilla-central closed to blockers and topcrash fixes only
    • proposal C: keep mozilla-central closed to blockers, topcrash fixes only, use cedar/maple for beta8/beta+ fixes.
    • background: bugs waiting to land. Either of keyword:checkin-needed or whiteboard:[can land] will get you added.
  • [Tomcat] Stability Report
  • Triage beta 7 blockers (sort by ID)

27-September-2010

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-27

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2010-09-27

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Video for today’s meeting

<video controls=”controls”><source src=”http://videos.mozilla.org/serv/air_mozilla/monday_meetings/status-2010-09-27.ogg” type=”video/ogg; codecs=”theora, vorbis””/></video>

Friends of the Tree

  • nominating Margaret Leibovic and Philipp von Weitershausen for climbing the learning curve in writing localization-friendly code with their b7 blockers (Axel).
  • nominating Aleksej, Daniel, db48xOther, dickey, Fry-kun, gaby2300, Jan, kbrosnan, Mathnerd314 for contributing test cases as part of the multiple bugdays during the recent QA work week [ashughes]

Upcoming Events

This Week

Monday, 27 September

Tuesday, 28 September

  • Coffee/Brown Bag with Chris Jay Hoofnagle re Users’ Views and Expectations on Privacy and Privacy Settings (10 Forward and Air Mozilla)–be there or be square! Contact Julie Martin if you have any questions.

Wednesday, 29 September

  • We host the jQuery Mobile project team meeting in R2D2/C3PO. Swing by if you want to see what they are up to.

Thursday, 30 September

Friday, 1 October

Next Week

Product Status Updates

Firefox 4

  • Code freeze for Beta 7 marches on! Another bunch of big changes have landed:

    • 64-bit builds for OSX

    • GC Compartments (tracemonkey only right now)
    • there are 30 blockers left which we hope to close out in the next couple of days
    • The tree remains closed to all other bugs until we hit this milestone

Firefox 3.6 and 3.5

  • Code freeze for 3.6.11 and 3.5.14 is tomorrow, 2010-09-28 @ 11:59 pm PDT

    • Please email Christian if you have a blocker that won’t be done by that time
  • Post-mortem for 3.6.9/10 will be held on Thursday (see the wiki page for details)

Mobile Firefox

  • Beta one is close!

  • Please help test builds

Thunderbird

  • Thunderbird trunk

    • add-ons manager has been brought back to life in a tab

    • now based on libxul
  • Account provisioning work continues

Drumbeat

Speakers

The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It’s like a lightning talk, but don’t feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.

Title

Presenter

Topic

Media

More Details
Game On 2010

Pascal Finette

Mozilla Labs’ “Game On 2010″ Open Web games competition update

tbd

http://gaming.mozillalabs.com
Seabird Concept Phone

Pascal Finette

Some background on the Concept Series Seabird mobile phone concept

http://mozillalabs.com/seabird

http://mozillalabs.com/seabird
One Mozilla Domain Name Strategy

David Boswell

Proposal for a coherent domain name plan

Proposal

Governance thread
Change to OSX universal builds

John O’Duinn

blog post

Status Updates By Team

Firefox

Platform

Messaging

Mobile

IT

Release Engineering

QA

QA Org Highlights
  • Q4 Goals locked and loaded!

  • WebQA
    • AMO 5.12 is currently planned to go out on 09/28

    • Certify/ship Input 1.8
  • Browser Technologies
    • Tested and shipped Jetpack 0.8
  • Desktop Firefox
    • Fx 4 Beta 7: Code freeze delay. Holding pattern for test execution.
  • Community
    • Testday for recent Sync changes last Friday with 13 bugs filed.

Automation & Tools

  • Temporary android automation running, continuing to work on final automation with Bear and Aki.

    • Android Talos is running within the buildbot framework
  • Started War On Orange discussions with Metrics team and RelEng for a Hadoop centric build/test log storage
  • Have Mozmill testing ready for production on buildbot for Mac and Linux, working through the last issues with Windows – bug 516984
  • More information is always on our page

Security

Engagement

PR

Participation

Events

Creative Team

Support

Metrics

Evangelism

Labs

Developer Tools

Add-ons

Webdev

L10n

Introducing New Hires

  • Jason Grlicky, Webdev

Foundation Updates

Roundtable

22-September-2010

Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-22

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Mobile/Notes/22-Sep-2010

From MozillaWiki

Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel

Schedule

  • See timeline

    • Beta 1: We are frozen, except for remaining blockers

    • Design freeze: Sept 16
    • Beta 2 code freeze: TBD

Major Topics for This Week

Front-end

  • Working on any Beta 1 blockers that appear

  • Also working on Beta 2 blockers
    • We have 11 b2 blockers waiting to land
  • Features (see Planning page)
    • Work re-started on sharing backend for Android and Maemo

    • More work on simplifying downloads and saving will land in beta 2 bug 593408
    • Android theme is underway
    • UX feedback on Master Password patch is to drop it for 2.0
    • Clipboard context menu decision was made bug 585875

UX design

  • Android theme work is ready for final review; see it here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/madhava_work/sets/72157624962763028/

  • Martell is working on the CSS and glyphs needed to start implementation work

Maemo

Qt

Android

  • Custom dlopen working and loading both compressed and uncompressed libraries from the apk. Uncompressing the library costs about 1s on the Nexus One.

  • Gold tested and saves 1mb on libxul.

Electrolysis

Layers

General Platform

Geolocation Working Group

Video

Camera

Plugins

Performance

  • e10s preference perf win pending – bug 589905.

Networking

Graphics

Startup

Layout

Content

Release Engineering

  • patches landed: maemo4 off on m-c, fennec desktop using make upload

  • l10n linux slaves — there was a backlog of repacks, now fixed
  • android updates – nightlies live, release pending review
  • android tests proceeding; see qa automation’s list of bugs

QA

Manual

  • New Bugs over the week: filed

  • QA is gearing up for Beta 1 release testing
    • Triaging in-litmus? bugs and are adding testcases to litmus

      • Note: if you have a bug that you’d like to get manual testing on, please add the “in-litmus?”. QA will assign the work as necessary.
  • Need a triage of bugs nominated over the past two weeks
  • Results from nightly Smoketest runs.

Automation

  • android

    • one patch needs landing for mochitest on android bug 598366

    • SUTAgent has had some fixes in the last week, one remaining known bug bug 598441
    • a couple patches working through the review queue for talos on android bug 596132
    • still need to see tpan/tzoom and page loader tests working on android
  • browser-chrome – need some attention, carryover from last week

    • new test files bug 489163 and bug 570706 are blocked on awesomebar problem –

    • bug 593463 – awesomescreen.js problem – WEEK #3!!!
    • need to land patch bug 597056 to remove firefox tests from mobile tests
  • [mochitest: green]

    • bug 590248 and bug 587646 account for 60% of known mochitest failures on n900!, no progress on these two bugs?! Still no traction on this – WEEK #5, can we get 6 weeks with nobody looking at these?

Other

  • Late breaking b1 candidates. Got any UX issues you think should block?

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-22

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Firefox/Planning/2010-09-22

From MozillaWiki

<a href=”Firefox/Planning/2010-09-15″>« previous week</a> | <a href=”Firefox/Planning”>index</a> | <a href=”Firefox/Planning/2010-09-29″>next week »</a>


Note: This meeting has been cancelled due to the inability for several people who would be participating/driving to attend. This page is nevertheless available for people to add weekly updates.

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • <a href=”irc://irc.mozilla.org/planning“>irc.mozilla.org #planning</a> for backchannel
  • (the <a href=”Platform#Meetings”>developer meeting</a> takes place on Tuesdays)

REMEMBER

These notes are read by people who weren’t able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

Agenda

  • actions from last week:

  • schedule and progress on upcoming releases
  • review highlights and notices
  • respond to questions and concerns

Action Items

Schedule & Progress on <a href=”Releases”>Upcoming Releases</a>

<a href=”Labs/Jetpack/SDK/0.8″>Jetpack SDK 0.8</a>

  • froze last Tuesday, September 14

  • release delayed due to test failures & other issues
  • current ETA:
    • RC1 today, Wednesday, September 22

    • final release Friday, September 24

<a href=”Labs/Jetpack/FlightDeck/1.0a5″>Add-on Builder 1.0a5</a>

  • stubborn blocker bug 594211 finally resolved yesterday

  • push to production scheduled for today, Wednesday, September 22, 1:30pm PT -ish
  • after 1.0a5, AMO team will take on additional FlightDeck development

Highlights / Notices

Notes or issues that don’t correspond to a particular release you’d like people to know about.

Questions and Concerns

Please add any questions or concerns you would like discussed at today’s meeting.

Press & Public Reactions

21-September-2010

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-21

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2010-09-21

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

OPEN

CLOSED

K.I.V.

  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn’t hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.

SeaMonkey 2.0.7, SeaMonkey 2.0.8

  • Both shipped in the last two weeks, 2.0.8 was an “oilspill” update to 2.0.7 to fix a startup crash.

  • Synchronized with Firefox 3.5.12 and 3.5.13.
  • Crash stats for 2.0.8 looks really good in comparison to 2.0.7, we should have fixed this correctly.

SeaMonkey 2.0.9

open blockers (0)
blocker requests (0)
fixed (10)

  • Based on Gecko 1.9.1.14 and in sync with Firefox 3.5.14, target date TBD, see Releases.

SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 1

open blockers (3)
blocker requests (3)
targeted (2)
fixed (63)

  • Targeted L10n freeze for 30th September and code freeze for 5th October. This roughly matches Gecko 2.0 RC1. After that, we’ll see where Gecko is and where we are and if it really looks good for the final stretch to 2.1.

    • Our main problem for a beta1 freeze is probably to get a Gecko version not broken for us. We can freeze our side on a broken tree if we want, but we’ll only start builds from known-good revisions after the freeze.

    • Given that Alpha3 has been out for a while, we should give testers another milestone soon as there have been a few more changes since then, including the JägerMonkey landing, that we should deliver to people. Also, this will be the first milestone with L10n, and localizers can use some more testing before final as well.
  • We will do a second Beta that will be the actual feature freeze given that Firefox probably won’t go RC1 in the next two weeks.
    • KaiRo filed bug 598301 to get the necessary flags in to bugzilla.

(Further 2.1 scheduling:)

  • Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.

  • Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, b1 in early October; followed by b2 (feature freeze) probably in late October; and a final to be decided later.
  • This seems to match recently presented Firefox 4 plans relatively well – they’re in beta now, RC1 is planned for October and Final somewhere “soon” after.
  • It would be good to get OOPP (Out Of Process Plugins) for SM2.1 (bug 545716) but we need some way to build libxul (bug 394502) to be able to build OOPP. LDAP work has to be done for that to be possible, the rest should at least build with libxul right now.

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 66 new, 40 fixed, 14 triaged.

  • Fix rate is good, triage continues to be weak. Should do more there.

  • Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!

Major wanted/needed features:

2.1

Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
  • bug 460953 kill-rdf port.

  • bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
    • SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
  • bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
  • bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
    • kaze is currently job hunting so doesn’t have much time to spend on this.

    • bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
    • kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That’s something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
  • bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
  • bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
    • Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.

    • The rest is unowned so far.
  • bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 – Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
  • bug 573391 Detect outdated plugins and notify users.
  • bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
Active
  • bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak]

    • No progress.
  • bug 569341 Data Manager [KaiRo]
    • KaiRo sr=Neil is there, working on IanN review now. The add-on version up on AMO is 1.0.2, including fixes for all of Neil’s review comments.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch [KaiRo]
    • Patch is up for review, needs a bit more work to address comments from Mnyromyr, but seems to work fine as a first step.
  • bug 570004 Popup/”doorhanger” notifications [unowned]
    • Neil decided to rewrite how doorhangers work in bug 595810, which will make all waiting-for-review patches incompatible with both our target and existing Firefox implementations, so KaiRo dropped work on this.

    • Status of overall work, including anything of it making 2.1 is unknown right now.
  • bug 467867 [META] Implement Firefox TabBrowser API in Seamonkey [misak]
    • status/progress?
  • bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar
    • bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list [mcsmurf]

    • ToDo: Split up the patch again as it currently contains two separate features, otherwise the review will take ages. Mcsmurf will start on this on Friday this week.
  • bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk [InvisibleSmiley]
    • ToDo: Port the change from statusbar to customizable toolbar button and one more l10n change, then create new patches; additionally react to Neil’s prefs review comments.

We also should take a look at the other items on 2.1-wanted
Also the nominations need triaging.

  • We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.

    • Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2), 1.0 beta 2 will probably be Gecko 2.0-based.

SeaMonkey Developer Meeting

See wiki page: SeaMonkey Developer Meeting

  • Happening on October 23/24.

  • Invitations have been sent out.
  • Hotel has been decided on, more details on the wiki.
  • Proposals for sessions are very much wanted.
  • How many sessions will we do at all and how long should one session be?
    • It might be a good idea to go over a proposed session plan on the last IRC meeting before the dev meeting. There happens to be one scheduled on Tuesday the same week.

Roundtable – Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).

Aqualon

  • Mostly looking at test failures.
  • Bugs fixed:

    • bug 594342 add SeaMonkey to compatible applications list for search results, fixed mochitest-browser-chrome failures in browser_bug591465.js and browser_searching.js.

    • bug 594425 port bug 581076 | add missing pref to browser-prefs.js.
    • bug 594687 [SeaMonkey 2.1, mochitest-browser-chrome] TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | chrome://mochikit/content/browser/suite/common/tests/browser/browser_346337.js and browser_466937.js.
    • bug 595381 Package nsInputListAutoComplete.js.
    • bug 595814 re-enabled mailnews/imap/test/unit/test_localToImapFilterQuarantine.js.
  • Patches waiting for review:

    • bug 585449 Should fix our test_askuser.js failures.
  • Open Issues

    • we don’t hit an assertion anymore due to the disabled test_localToImapFilterQuarantine.js, but it still gets a timeout. Added a log to bug 584327.
  • Investigating

    • bug 521159 Detect outdated plugins and offer upgrade path -> Can work on it from Saturday 25. on, not sure what to do about doorhanger notifications.
  • Short report from the “orange workforce”: We made good progress on fixing perm oranges. The main problem areas are missing doorhanger notifications, the a11y-tests, and all those random oranges nobody really understands why and when they happen.

asrail

Callek

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 593855 Port |Bug 586754 Xpcshell tests should use relativesrcdir instead of $MODULE| to comm-central.

  • bug 594707 [MacOSX SeaMonkey] mochitest-browser-chrome: “browser_visituri.js | Test timed out”.
  • bug 595188 [SeaMonkey 2.1, mochitest-browser-chrome] TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | chrome://mochikit/content/browser/toolkit/content/tests/browser/browser_bug594509.js | about:rights content loaded.

Working on:

  • bug 589506 Scrub the codebase of MOZ_VIEW_SOURCE and MOZ_JSLOADER.

Investigating:

  • bug 571527 Add pref for auto vs. ask-me addon update.

  • bug 589471 [SeaMonkey 2.1, mochitest-plain-5] permanent “toolkit/components/satchel/test/test_form_submission.html | Test timed.

ewong

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 535048 nsILeakDetector leftovers in the tree (mozilla-central).

  • bug 597403 nsILeakDetector leftovers in the c-c tree.

Working on:

IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.

  • Bugs fixed (comm-central):
    • bug 593884 Port to SeaMonkey changes to test_contextmenu.html from bug 558072 Allow getting of popup position and size from popupshowing even.
  • Bugs fixed (mozilla-central):
    • bug 589613 [SeaMonkey 2.1, mochitest-browser-chrome] browser_Services.js | Services.search exists.

    • bug 596636 [SeaMonkey 2.1] mochitests-1/5: “TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | /tests/content/html/content/test/test_bug589696.html | submit event should not be sent”.
  • Bugs being worked on:
    • bug 515967 Add icons to addressbook menulist in Search Addresses.

    • bug 595685 mochitest-chrome: intermittent “TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | …/test_space_key_pauses_resumes.xul | The download was paused, and then resumed to completion”.

InvisibleSmiley

  • Bugs fixed:

    • bug 588651 Privacy options are not cleared on closing SeaMonkey and instead cleared when SeaMonkey is reopened.

    • bug 591649 Account Manager (and other screens) exceed display size and become unusable.
    • bug 595548 Sync UI: preferences/sync.xul calling nonexistent function openPP, should be openPrivacyPolicy.
  • Working on:

KaiRo

  • Released SeaMonkey 2.0.7.

  • Saw a startup crash spiking in that release and stopped issuing updates while investiagting. Found one problem, fixed it, waited for another fix before going into oilspill mode and creating a 2.0.8 release.
  • Released SeaMonkey 2.0.8 with a pretty good turnaround time overall.
  • When Windows builds started burning, reacted and installed YASM there, as well as upgraded that package to 1.1 on Linux/Mac (bug 594468).
  • Landed test for reusing empty tabs (bug 589659).
  • Got reviews for and landed fast bookmarking button (bug 589601).
  • Work on yet another doorhanger (bug 594776).
  • Removed doorhanger notifications from my plate due to the last.minute rewrite of the system that Neil is working on in bug 595810.
  • Got Council vote on UA string change and landed it (bug 591327).
  • Uploaded a new Data Manager version to AMO, got some review comments from Ian and reacted to those (bug 569341).
  • Worked on OpenSearch support enough to make it review-ready and discussed a few details of the patch (bug 410613).
  • Created a patch for sidebar with personas applied (bug 581382).
  • Added Finnish as new locale for 2.0.x (bug 595516).
  • Worked with William to get invitations done and sent out for the SeaMonkey Developer Meeting.
  • Finalized the vanue/hotel for that event.
  • Attended the German Mozilla Community Meetup.
  • More planning on visit to MV.
  • As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.

mcsmurf

Misak

Working on:

  • bug 593683 Small fixes in tabbed browser: also treat about:sessionrestore as initial page, and while calling “onLocationChange” also notify global observers.

Mnyromyr

MReimer

Fixed bug 588122 GUI needed to toggle browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent.

Neil

Bugs fixed in mozilla-central:

  • bug 586408 Can’t use context menu on toolbar to customize icons/text.

  • bug 588070 Anonymous tooltips don’t work.
  • bug 596237 [SeaMonkey 2.1] TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | chrome://mochikit/content/browser/content/html/document/test/browser_bug592641.js.

Bugs fixed Misc:

  • bug 579862 Consider using SETLOCAL in start-*.bat. [MozillaBuild]

  • bug 579864 Make SDK compiler detection more reliable. [MozillaBuild]

Waiting for review/approval:

  • bug 595570 Bookmark Sidebar no longer shows the Bookmark title when you hover over a link.

Working on:

  • bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.

Ratty

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 534248 Middle-clicking to stop autoscroll may activate contentLoadURL (deactivate,clipboard,paste).

  • bug 594988 Change -moz-border-radius* properties to css3-background names in suite/.
  • bug 595273 Package dom_notification.xpt.
  • bug 595442 Port front end of bug 594261 |Factor out geolocation prompt into something that can be reused|.
  • bug 595630 Change “-moz-box-shadow” to “box-shadow” in suite/.

Working on:

  • bug 586947 Places File Bookmark (Ctrl+D) needs improvement badly.

Investigating:

  • Porting bug 584658 (Switch to tab should not register subframes as open pages) but decided that all we need is to port the tests in bug 550565.

  • bug 595483 Port duplicateTabIn introduced in bug 448546.

Other:

Ricardo

Bugs fixed:

Working on:

  • bug 246405 mail_help.xhtml should be split to several files.

sgautherie

  • Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:

    • bug 594430 Package message wakeup service

    • bug 595620 xpcshell: new test_componentsRegistered.js fails
    • bug 597694 Remove nsILeakDetector leftovers in SeaMonkey
  • Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
    • bug 548113 Sync to Breakpad revision 554 to pick up DWARF CFI + ARM work
  • Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
    • bug 589609 [SeaMonkey 2.1, mochitest-browser-chrome] browser_NetUtil.js:6 – ReferenceError: Cu is not defined

    • bug 591741 [SeaMonkey] mochitest-a11y: relations/test_tabbrowser.xul times out
    • bug 595708 “nsDocument.cpp(4377) : error C2248: ‘nsAString_internal::nsAString_internal’ : cannot access protected member declared in class ‘nsAString_internal'”
    • bug 595394 Error: formatURL: Couldn’t find value for key: SIDEBAR_VERSION
    • bug 597811 [SeaMonkey] mochitests-1/5: “WARNING: NS_ENSURE_SUCCESS(rv, rv) … nsHTMLInputElement.cpp, line 436″ + “test_bug592802.html | Test timed out.”, caused by “test_bug548193.html / nsContentPrefService.js”

stefanh

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 586026 New places ui lacks mac css and certain icons doesn’t blend in with existing.

  • bug 593838 unsortedBookmarks.png ought to have equal amount of transparency at top/bottom.
  • bug 594127 bookmarks-chevron doesn’t display in mac classic.
  • bug 594993 Change -moz-border-radius* properties to css3-background names in /calendar.
  • bug 595378 Need to switch border-radius: 100% to 10000px.
  • bug 595724 [Mac default] move some style rules in mailWindow1.css.
  • bug 597172 Update Help for the new location of the ‘Check for Updates’ menuitem.

Bugs waiting for review/approval:

  • bug 593944 No icons in alltabs menuitems.

  • bug 594991 Change -moz-border-radius* properties to css3-background names in mail/.
  • bug 596758 Need to rename ‘menu_HelpUpdatesSeparator’ to ‘updateSeparator’.

Bugs being worked on:

  • bug 537343 Need new entities for proper Mac menu items localization in all the supported locales.

  • bug 595978 Update mac readme (no ppc support).

Any other business?

  •  ?

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-21

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2010-09-21

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Current Release Schedules
Thunderbird 3.2 Thunderbird 3.1.5 Thunderbird 3.0.9
To Be Announced

  • Code freeze: Sept 30 @ 23:59 PDT

  • L10n freeze: Oct 3 @ 23:59 PDT
  • Builds start: Oct 4
  • QA with builds start: Oct 5
  • Beta period starts: Oct 6
  • Final release: Oct 14
  • Code freeze: Oct 1 @ 23:59 PDT

  • L10n freeze: Oct 4 @ 23:59 PDT
  • Builds start: Oct 5
  • QA with builds start: Oct 6
  • Beta period starts: Oct 7
  • Final release: Oct 14

Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> Standard8

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.

Action Items

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to rebron@mozillamessaging.com so that he can send them a shirt!

Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)

  • 38% – 50% ISPBD conversion success rate. Top 12 missing domains: ocn.ad.jp, psmtp.com, cox.net, interia.pl, aon.at, skynet.be, netease.com, ntlworld.com, shaw.ca, one.com, eonet.ne.jp, outlook.com

  • Starting to plan for Funnel Cake 3, off of 3.1.5.

Thunderbird Development

Feature Work

Account Provisioner:

  • Had a great meeting with a potential partner about how we should work together.

  • Seems like their API will be largely defined by our needs.
  • They raised a few questions which I need to discuss with other people.

Experiments

3.2

  • 3.2 planned to be released from a comm-1.9.2 branch

  • Waiting for account provisioning discussions to progress before making decision on if/when to cut it.

Trunk Development

  • bug 564737 Has landed on trunk, fixing the white space before the first character in emails. Please test and verify no regressions (check in Thunderbird & Firefox)

  • Trunk version bumped to 3.3a1pre
  • Libxul
    • Now up for review. Hoping to land in the next couple of days.
  • Add-on Manager
    • Once current trunk bustage is fixed, this will be moving to a tab, please give it some testing once that happens.
  • Help on fixing up trunk welcome, see this list of higher priority bugs.

Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases

  • 3.1.4 and 3.0.8 released with some small fixes.

  • 3.1.5 and 3.0.9 now being planned (see dates above).
  • Bug Lists: 3.1, 3.0
Major updates to 3.1
  • Now just under 60% of users on TB 3.1.x.

  • We’ll be starting another major update push for 3.0.x users next week (once they have got past the 3.0.6/7 -> 3.0.8 updates).

QA Updates

Marketing Updates

  • PR: Several pickups regarding last weeks updates 1, 2, 3

  • Reached 6.2MM ADUs last week. Still carrying about 1.7MM users on Thunderbird 2.
  • Ongoing: Working with mozilla.org/Mozilla.com on web site updates.

IT update

  • Builders updated to 0.8

  • Try buildbot master updated to 0.8
  • Working on updating other masters to 0.8.

Documentation

Support

  1. 840 new support topics, 830 last week so no major spike

  2. 3.1 Support Issues i) Remote Images not showing for some folks (currently 6 GS topics-is this a 3.1.3 or 3.1.4 regression?); ii) only a few instances of what look like the Gecko null check at startup,i.e. bug 594699, the primary bug for 3.1.4 iii) vocal minority of users very unhappy with slowness of space fix
  3. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details –

Lightning Updates

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

Attendees

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2010-09-21

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2010-09-21

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Notices / Schedule

Firefox 3.6.10 and Firefox 3.5.13

  • Went out last Wednesday

  • Looks to have fixed the startup crash (bug 594699, graph)
  • Thanks to mrbkap for jumping on the issue quickly

Firefox 3.6.11 and Firefox 3.5.14

  • Schedules are posted

    • Let me know if anyone sees any issues, happy to change the schedule for good reasons
  • Code freeze is a week from today (Tuesday 2010-09-28 @ 11:59 pm PDT)
    • Nag emails will start shortly
  • Final ship is scheduled for Thursday, 2010-10-14
  • Still working through all approval and blocking requests

Blocker Report

Firefox 4 Beta

Firefox 3.6.11

Firefox 3.5.14

Firefox Mobile 2.0

Firefox Development

(from our goals):

  • [ON TRACK] Feature complete Firefox 4

    • [DONE] Switch to Tab

    • [DONE] App Tabs – Scope for 4.0 reduced (non-global), near feature complete.
    • [DONE] Extension Manager – Bug list is converging, still a lot of work to do.
    • [DONE] Web Console** [ON TRACK] Notification UI – Geo and EM notifications done, http auth next.
    • [ON TRACK] New Theme – Windows and Mac good, Linux catching up now
    • [AT RISK] TabCandy
    • [AT RISK] Silent updates on Windows
    • [DROPPED] Inspector
    • [DROPPED] Account Manager – WIP patches posted, but we can’t contain the review load and code risk.
  • [AT RISK] Dirty profile startup within 20% of clean profile startup (modulo extensions, plugins; on windows)

    • Current status: Lots of data has been collected and analyzed, but no solid conclusions have shaken out.

    • Details page
    • Shawn has an updated blog post. Read it for more info.
    • Bugs on file that help:
      • Excessive cookie i/o bug bug 572223 (fixed)

      • Session Restore negatively impacts startup time based on the number of tabs loaded bug 582005
      • Suboptimal SQLite page size bug 416330 (fixed)
      • Provide a global VACUUM component bug 541373

Platform

(there is a team-by-team goals breakdown, as well)

  • [ON TRACK] Javascript performance near or even with Chrome 5 on their benchmarks (within 20% on SS, 30% on V8), with substantial wins on our benchmarks. (Windows, in-browser.)

  • [MISSED] Hardware acceleration of video and other HTML and SVG content, as well as user interface, on by default for compatible hardware on all Tier-1 desktop and mobile platforms.
  • [ON TRACK] Fully support the WebGL 1.0 spec, with support turned on by default in a Firefox 4 beta on platforms that support OpenGL or OpenGL ES.
  • [MISSED] security: zero reproducible high/crit > 30 days
  • [DONE] Support multi-process Fennec.
  • [DONE] Support Jetpacks running in separate processes and never blocking the Fennec UI. NOTE: jetpack team hasn’t actually integrated this code yet, but it works in small test environments.

GFX

  • Only one bug – bug 596784 – blocks us from turning on OpenGL accelerated compositing on Mac.

    • OpenGL compositing on mac is ready for general testing, as long as you don’t mind slow scrolling; set the pref layers.accelerate-all to true and restart.

    • Note: Personas don’t paint in the titlebar with OpenGL. It’s understood, but a bit of work to fix.

Content

  • Dynamically sizing disk cache landed (byronm, jduell)

  • Virtual properties work moving along well after JM merge (peterv)
  • Zimbra perf regression due to d2d (bug 598202 on file, investigating…)

Tree Management

  • IT downtime last Sunday rolled back after problems; tree reopened ~8pm PDT instead of 5pm.
  • new colo coming online

    • IT installing racks, power.

    • more ix machines being imaged in new colo
  • Following new features enabled *without* needing a downtime

    • Maemo 4 builds disabled on mozilla-central and all project branches

    • TryChooser updates
    • links to builds in try emails

Roundtable

  • OSX Universal (i386+x64) build

    • Have to switch off old i386+ppc build at the same time as enabling new i386+x64 build

    • Releng needs around 1 day for sanity checking + 1 day to make sure tests aren’t blowing up. Unknown if there are any new oranges.
    • 32-bit debug tests will be run on builds compiled on leopard machines
    • Confident that updates from previous 4.0 betas to universal build will work
    • Some issues with major updates from 3.6 need to be figured out
    • Resolve bug 561350 before going live?
  • Crashiness [beltzner]
    • need to start focusing on topcrashers to ensure we’re releasing stable

    • beta7 will be promoted to a more consumer-focused audience, hope to ramp to 2M ADUs PDQ
  • Triage [beltzner]
  • <bsmedberg> tab candy is really slow on all my computers, to the point where accidentally clicking the button can make FF freeze for seconds. Is there a plan to make the performance better, or turn it off if we can’t?
  • (ehsan) – Should we release beta7 with the changes that have landed so far and move the feature freeze to beta8?

    • Upside: get some more beta coverage and feedback since the last beta (practically beta5)

    • Any downsides?
    • a heated discussion occurred!
    • decided to lock tree to beta7 (and fennec beta 1) blockers only to improve focus
    • can revisit decision later
Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress