For those of you using a Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha version or later, we have great news! I have finally managed to fix bug 591744, which was the last of the many bugs that had to be fixed to recover from the major changes to the mozilla-central platform.
If you would like to give it a try, you will need either a nightly or alpha version of Thunderbird, together with the nightly version of Lightning. You can get these using the following links:
- Thunderbird 3.3a2 is available here
- Thunderbird 3.3a3pre nightly is available here
- Lightning 1.1a1pre* nightly is available here
Update: As noted in the comments below, the trunk versions of Lightning also work with the following beta versions of SeaMonkey:
- SeaMonkey 2.1b2: soon to be released — when it is, it will be announced on the SeaMonkey news page;
- SeaMonkey 2.1b3pre nightly (en-US) is available here
- SeaMonkey 2.1b3pre nightly (other languages) is available here
* To avoid misunderstandings, even though it is named 1.1a1pre, this does not mean we have release 1.0 yet! Lightning on trunk (labeled 1.1a1pre) uses a different Mozilla platform than Lightning from the 1.9.2 branch (labeled 1.0b3pre). We have chosen differing version numbers to make that difference obvious.