Lightning 2.6 is due on September 17th and will be a major release. The last stable relase was Lightning 1.9 and the only testing that has been done since is a little testing on the beta channel. I say this is not enough!
One problem we have is that a handful of locales are broken (only one bug report, by the way!). This is mostly due to some changes we had to undertake regarding the l10n dashboard, making it hard for localizers to figure out where to sign off.
If you can read a language other than English, please take a few minutes for the following steps:
- Download Lightning 2.6b2 from addons.mozilla.org together with Thunderbird 24
- After starting the app, check the error console for anything that looks bad. Warnings are probably ok. Clear the error console.
- Open every dialog you know of (print, event, task, summary, preferences, calendar properties, …). Make sure it looks normal.
- Set up a remote calendar of your choice, make sure you can connect.
- Check the error console again if something alarming was added.
You can of course still help if English is your only language. Please do a few tests to make sure everything works. You might as well upgrade your original Lightning installation, because this is what you will receive in about 3 weeks anyway. The earlier we find issues, the higher the chance we can fix it before it reaches everyone.
Thank you for your support!