I have heard a few reports that calendars are not showing after upgrading to Lightning 1.8. I’d really like to get to the root of the problem and find out if this a code regression or something different. If you are having trouble please comment with the following information:
- Make sure you are using the right version combination: Lightning 1.8 is compatible to Thunderbird 16.
- Do you have any other addons installed? I’ve heard about some trouble with the “Calendar Tweaks” extension for example.
- Open Tools → Error Console and tell me about any error messages you see there
- Are any calendars no longer in the calendar list on the left side?
- What kinds of calendars do you have? Local? CalDAV? Google Calendar via the Provider? Other?
- If you are using the Provider for Google Calendar, what version do you have installed?
Update, with a few common issues:
- If you are using the Calendar Tweaks Extension, make sure to update to version 4.3.
- If you are using Lightning 1.8 and the Provider for Google Calendar, please make sure you are using Provider version 0.17
- If you have a virus scanner that quarantines files, please make sure calbasecomps.dll is not quarantined. Reinstalling Lightning might help.