The Calendar developers have been discussing their plans for the upcoming Sunbird/Lightning 0.5 release and we would like you to know about our plans for 0.5.
There is a lot of good work already complete, and we all agreed that the value of getting that work out to our users is high. That said, there are still some features and outstanding issues that we’d like to see in 0.5, that aren’t finished yet, but would enhance the experience for our users a lot.
We’ve therefore created a list of blockers (we will not release 0.5 without these features) and a list of nice-to-have items (it would be great if those could make the 0.5 train, but if push comes to shove, we will release without those items).
The items that block 0.5 are:
- Calendar view “working hours” (Bug 349520 – probably the most requested feature)
- Event box beautification (Bug 368982 – the calendar views look so much better with this patch)
- iTIP/iMIP accept and decline (I can’t find the bug right now)
- Printing integration in Tb (I can’t find the bug right now)
- Undo/redo integration in Tb (Bug 369084)
- Copy/paste integration in Tb (Bug 367110 – already fixed)
- UNIX printing fixes (I can’t find the bug right now)
These are the nice to have items:
- Foreign timezone support (Bug 363191 and Bug 314339)
- iTIP/iMIP invite (Bug 334681 – finally you can send invites and reply to them)
- Updated event dialog (see our recent sneak preview for some screenshots and a discussion on this)
We are currently planning to release a first release candidate at the beginning of April and release Sunbird 0.5 and Lightning 0.5 during the first half April. Here’s the planned release schedule:
- March 12 – string freeze – l10n begins
- March 24 – code freeze (If it’s not in by now, it’s missing the bus.)
- March 26 – functional testing by #calendar-qa, localizers check their work using nightlies
- March 30 – l10n freeze
- April 02 – first RC
- April 08 – release date or second RC, in case RC 1 was not good enough
- April 14 – release date, in case we need an RC 2
I hope you are as excited as we are about the upcoming 0.5 release. Stay with us for more great things to come!