We’re in a desperate need for updated holiday calendars, as many have not yet been updated for 2011.
In detail, we’re looking for calendars for the following countries / locales:
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Puerto Rico
- Singapore (Submitted, but not reviewed yet.)
- Sri Lanka
- Turkey (Submitted, but not reviewed yet.)
All of these local calendars will expire when they’re not updated and will have to be removed if we don’t find a contributor who can support them.
If you would like to help, please follow these steps:
- Click here and download the current version of the holiday calendar in your locale.
- Import the calendar into Lightning/Sunbird.
- Edit the Dates and/or add new Events/Holidays for at least the next 2 years.
- Export the calendar; switch to calendar mode and choose “File > Export Calendar”. Then save the calendar file to a place that you can remember, e.g. your desktop.
- Go here and log-in with your Bugzilla credentials
- File a bug in the Calendar component, Website category. Describe, which locale you’re adding a calendar file for and tell us what years your file covers.
- Attach your updated holiday calendar file to the bug (you created this in step 1)
Once complete, we can update the calendar file on the website as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance!
If you need further information about this process, don’t hesitate to contact us in the #calendar-website channel on irc.mozilla.org or firstname.lastname@example.org
–The calendar website team
(Tobias Markus, Tom Ellins, Jan Bambach)