The Calendar Project is proud to report, that (finally) the 1.0 beta1 release of Lightning has been completed and is now available via AMO.
Nearly 16 months after the 0.9, this release is more than overdue and we’re more than happy to get the nearly 500 bugfixes and improvements into the hands of our users. Notable improvements of this release are:
- Seamless integration into the new Thunderbird 3.0 user interface
- The different modes (calendar view, task view) are now displayed in tabs
- Lightning now supports SeaMonkey 2.0 as a host application
- You can now define multiple alarms for a single event
- CalDAV support and interoperability with various CalDAV servers have been improved
- The application stability, performance and memory consumption have been improved
- Estonian, Frisian, Galician, Hebrew, Indonesian, Punjabi, Sinhala, Tamil, Turkish and Vietnamese were added as new languages. Unfortunately no builds in Traditional Chinese, Slovenian, Swedish or Ukrainian are available for 1.0 beta1
Lightning 1.0 beta1 is available for Windows, Mac OS X (universal builds) and Linux in 37 different languages including English. Please read the release notes for Lightning 1.0 beta1 before downloading.
Thank you again to all our developers, contributors, localizers, testers, and supporters. We would not be able to do this without your assistance!