Meeting Notes

28-July-2009

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2009-07-28

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2009-07-28

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty


Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

OPEN

  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: “We don’t have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time.” – We can only wait right now.

CLOSED

  • We need bug 483980 back-ported from trunk to fix our History Import bug bug 484175. Ratty to raise the issue in mozilla.dev.planning.

    • It looks like the branch patch will definitely not make 1.9.1.2. We hope that we can get approval for 1.9.1.3 however.


SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 1

  • RELEASED on June 21!

  • 132 FIXED bugs targeted seamonkey2.0b1
  • Some regressions filed, but generally good feedback.
  • Anything else to note? Things to change in future releases?
    • Releasing in 17 languages seems to have worked nicely.

    • Partial updates appear to be working without problems.


SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2

open blockers (2)
blocker requests (3)

  • IanN will start triaging nominations.

  • Schedule not set yet.
    • According to Standard8 a rough estimate for the Thunderbird 3.0b4 cycle would be four to eight weeks.

    • A possible freeze date for September would be sometime in mid to late September.
    • SeaMonkey should target a freeze date of 1st September so that we have room to assess the situation and to push it slightly back if needed. We would then expect at least a week between freeze and release, as Firefox does.
    • Standard8 expects comm-central to branch soon after Thunderbird 3.0b4.
    • Target milestone and flags for 2.1a1 should be created in any case.
  • We might want to take bug 474701 depending on how it works out in Thunderbird.
  • Tabmail is the largest missing feature.
    • Prerequisite for Lightning which we would like to support in final.


SeaMonkey 2.0 Final

open blockers (3)
blocker requests (38)
open wanted (12)
wanted requests (21)

  • IanN will start triaging blocker and wanted requests.


Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 64 new, 26 fixed, 96 triaged.

Major wanted/needed features:

  • Download manager aftermath:

    • All fixed. Only enhancement bugs going forward.
  • Toolbar customization aftermath:
    • bug 481862 We still need small button icons for modern in MailNews. Needs someone who understands both css and svg/graphics.

    • Ratty will start on Message Compose and the css for the Default theme. Modern can be dealt with later.
  • bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
    • status/update?
  • bug 456757 Modern theme update.
    • No News.
  • bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
    • stefanh has posted a new patch.
  • bug 348720 New icon set for “SeaMonkey Default Theme”.
    • No News.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
    • We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.

    • OpenSearch is now targeted for 2.Next.
  • bug 460953 Port jminta’s kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
    • There isn’t any urgent need for progress on this as long as we don’t break. It might be good for extensions if we to convert our folder pane to be JS-driven e.g. calendar wants to put items there.

    • If nobody picks up the JS-driven folderpane it will have to be pushed back to 2.Next as well.


Roundtable

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).


ajschult


Aqualon


asrail


biesi


Callek


IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.


KaiRo

  • Worked a lot on the Beta 1 release, and published it in 17 languages (release tracker: bug 504150)

  • Triaged all bugs in the Build Config component
  • More work on the release harness leading up to the beta – bug 493451 resolved with using it for production
  • Some small style improvements on the SeaMonkey website, also created the new language matrix for the beta download page
  • Managed L10n opt-in process for beta
  • Worked on gathering a number of statistical data on my SeaMonkey dev site – weekly bug statistics since 1998, counts for release radar queries
  • As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.


mcsmurf

  • Provided a branch patch for bug 483980 Allow history/bookmark observer components to register with a startup category (this would fix bug 484175 History Import from SeaMonkey 1.1.x is not working).

  • The patch for bug 505525 nsWindowsShellService.cpp build failure due to gfxIImageFrame removal, needs work so that it also works with static builds on mozilla-central.
  • Triaged some bugs resulting from users testing the new SeaMonkey 2 Beta 1.


Misak


Mnyromyr

  • Bugs fixed:

    • bug 506019 Default Theme: Messages Do Not Display in Separate Window.
  • Working on:
    • bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.

    • bug 505589 Movemail identity page shows useless @ sign behind email address box.


MReimer


Neil

  • Bugs Fixed:

    • bug 503478 Most context menu items unavailable outside of contentEditable area.

    • bug 503724 [SeaMonkey 2.1] autocomplete / password manager broken.
    • [Editor] bug 488094 nsIHTMLEditor refuses to set paragraph mode, freezes.
    • [DOMi] bug 505209 XBL bindings tab no longer works for non-chrome bindings.
    • [Toolkit] bug 483537 -moz-appearance belongs in themes, not in xul.css.
  • Working on:
    • bug 505141 Use of Shift+Ins to open link in new tab in background conflicts with alternate paste key.

    • bug 505212 “View MathML source” shows a blank window.
    • bug 506004 Impossible to rename a mail folder by clicking OK on the pop up rename window.
    • bug 506492 Full screen conflicts with toolbar grippies.


Ratty

  • Bugs Fixed:

    • bug 491310 Port changes in the new Firefox Page Info implementation since the initial port. Final patch checked in.

    • bug 491835 Add entry for allow/disable/remember geolocation to Permissions tab in Page Info.
    • [Lightning] bug 506461 Change the menupopup id in messenger-overlay-toolbar.xul.
  • Working on:
    • bug 16908 “New Msg” button needs a sub-menu to select html or plain text compose.

    • bug 506001 [Port bug 505700] Don’t allow moving the window with the toolbar while in fullscreen mode.
  • Bug triage: PageInfo, Toolbar Customization, etc.
  • AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/


sgautherie

  • Fixed (or in-progress) (MailNews) Core/… (but SM related) bugs:

    • bug 285596 In <msgHdrViewOverlay.js>, “Warning: variable emailAddress hides argument”

    • bug 496236 Resync’ configure.in between c-c and m-1.9.1
    • bug 504480 runtests.py.in needs to do a ‘-silent’ run first, as runreftest.py does
    • bug 504713 Update extensions to “support” SeaMonkey 2.1
  • And working on other areas… like
    • infrastructure to run tests

    • filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit) tests
    • doing a Windows comm-central-trunk SeaMonkey unit test build, reporting to bug 470184 issue tracking; looking forward to an official build when enough new buildbot slaves can be enabled (bug 464325 follow-ups).


Standard8


stefanh

  • Working on bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.


wladow


Any other business?

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2009-07-28

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2009-07-28

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :


Agenda


Action Items


New


Open

  • Autoconfig process

    • Webapp currently being tested to fix some initial problems, will open up for broader testing soon, i.e., move the webapp to a place where more people can access it.


Closed


Thunderbird 3 Beta 4

  • Release Driver: Standard8

  • Build Engineer: gozer
  • Main things we want to land:

    • gloda (by default)

    • background sending,
    • message headers improvements
    • autoconfig
      • With ispdb

      • locales string
    • autosync space/time policies sorted out.
  • This week will see more aggressive cutting down of the blocking and proposed bugs, figuring out what we don’t really need for the release

  • Proposed Dates (any feedback to Standard8 please):
    • Friday, September 11th is the proposed target for code freeze

    • Tuesday September 22th, is the proposed estimated release day
    • Following with the final string freeze 1 week after release
    • RC1 proposed date Tuesday, November 3rd for code freeze
    • Final release dates will depend on RC1


Thunderbird 3

  • Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.

  • If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don’t want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.


QA Updates

  • Usage of TB3.0b3 is going up as are crash-stats -> bugs are being updated to reflect usage we see.

  • Tb3.0b3 was released last week – Auto-update in progress.
  • Normal bug day for this week.


Marketing Updates

  • Thunderbird 3 Beta 3 press – Total Articles: 51; Total Original: 23; Total Pick ups: 28; highlights: Lifehacker and c|Net articles

  • Good response at OSCON on Thunderbird 3 progress.
  • Still on iteration 4 for Thunderbird logo, expecting to wrap up designs this week.


IT update

  • All MoCo build machines have been be retired

    • tbnewref-win32-tbox.build

    • tb-linux-tbox.build
  • ISPDB is now available for restricted preview
    • Ask me on irc if you want/need access
  • Calendar OS X build machine is back in business
    • Nightly Lightning/Sunbird builds are back
  • Staging buildbot master is up and running
    • Currently helping getting MozMill tests up and running


Documentation

Jen is on vacation until the end of the month


Roundtable

https://wiki.mozilla.org/EU_MozCamp_2009 is coming up


Status Updates


nth10sd
  • (TB UNCO bugs < 2k now. Yay!)

  • Thunderbird 3 Beta 3 changelog @ The Rumbling Edge
  • Discovered crasher bug 505974 while fiddling with Mozmill.
  • patchlove mostly settled.
  • Chatted with Roland on support.
  • Regular QA, triage, bugdays.
  • qawanted – bug 476708


sid0

Will be working part-time while in school


davida
  • Last Week:

    • OSCON
  • This week
    • Account central & folder summary patch pushing

    • Fixing up thread summary bugs
    • Pushing ahead on ISPDB


dmose
  • vacation


Standard8
  • Reviews & Driving

  • Mozmill
    • Landed the new make mozmill & make mozmill-one code.

    • Helping Gozer set up buildbot. Currently trying to sort out issues with running mozmill under buildbot.
    • Mozmill has internal version of httpd server. Example of use on bug 492279.
  • Created POP version of the patch for bug 121647 POP/IMAP server passwords are inappropriately forgotten. Currently writing unit test.

Next week:

  • Finish off bug 121647

  • Pick up send in background work again.


asuth
  • working on performance investigation

  • working on things required to pref gloda on


bienvenu
  • Reviews and Driving

  • Helped a bit with the fix for bug 249841, offline imap body search issues
  • Fixed bug 505487 – regression in custom header begins/ends with matching, and separate regression in search ui enabling/handling of custom headers.
  • Added basic xpcshell search tests, including one to catch above regression
  • Fixed mark read on exit handling, bug 503624, and added xpcshell test for the feature.
  • Cleaned up imap undo code a bit in preparation for fixing undo after expunge, bug 323875
  • Fixed adding of new headers to open cross-folder threaded saved searches, bug 505321, added a test for that to test_nsMsgDBView.js, and fixed the error detection functions in that file so that they detect errors.
  • Started work on auto sync disk usage constraints bug 482476 – wrote patch to enable marking of msg headers as pending removal so that offline store compaction will reclaim space, pending review.

Next week

  • Continue and I hope finish work in IMAP undo bug 323875

  • Continue work on auto sync disk usage constraints
  • Other b4 blockers


gozer
  • Build

    • Updates to Beta 3 are almost ready to ship bug 506230

    • Assisting Standard8 in getting MozMill tests running on buildbot
    • Hunting down OS X Nightly issues bug 505191
  • Web

    • ISPDB is in preview
  • Infrastructure

    • Staging buildbot server up and running


clarkbw

Last Week

  • ui-reviews

  • catching up on missed work

This week

  • Header refinement and roundup

  • Autoconfig work


wsmwk
  • triaging

    • now that bug 499926 is fixed – add Thunderbird 2.0.0.22 to talkback topcrashes – crossreferrencing TB2 crashes to trunk crashes

    • adding 3.0b3 topcrashes
    • SM crashers and mailnews – another pass
    • usual stuff


beckley


Penelope
  • Fixed up window save/restore after recent tab changes in TB
  • Hope to have a new beta of Eudora/Penelope this week


KaiRo
  • Released SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 1 in 17 languages and with partial and complete updates fully working from day 1

  • Got a fix into the release harness to make it understand our version-191.txt files for bumping
  • Convinced the SeaMonkey team to target a September 1 freeze for 2.0 Beta 2
  • Need to get final done before November to stay mentally somewhat sane


rkent


rebron
  • Marketing planning for remainder of the year.

  • Mozilla Camp Europe Call for papers, please take a look.


Tsk

done :

  • Finished Tests for 3.0b3

  • Tested auto-updates

todo:

  • Start thinking about Migrating from 2.x -> 3.x

  • Prepare test day for beta4


andreasn
  • Last week

    • Got a Vista machine and set up the build.

    • Lots of Vista icons and theme fixes.
    • Quick account layout bug 506290
    • Look into that no dialogs get clipped bug 504042
  • This week


bwinton

Last week:

This week:


roland
  • spoke with nth10sd about QA and support and bugzilla and ludo as well about support and QA

  • getting my feet wet with actual support, answered two far
  • working on 506473 linking to getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging instead of getsatisfaction/mozilla/products/mozilla_thunderbird
  • familiarizing myself with Get Satisfaction and how we can use it for support


Attendees

davida, gozer, Standard8, rebron, nth10sd, asuth, bienvenu, clarkbw, wsmwk, beckley, KaiRo, Tsk, bwinton, roland

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2009-07-28

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2009-07-28

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Notices / Schedule

Firefox 3.0.13

  • work on your blockers

  • code freeze on August 4
  • please request approval before landing

Firefox 3.5.2

  • targeting next week for release

  • please land your patches!
    • if you don’t land by 11:59pm tonight, your patch will not make it
  • please fix your blockers!

Firefox 3.6a1

  • code freeze tomorrow EOD or thursday AM

  • builds on thursday
  • release targeted for Friday
    • There are several bugs related to ireflow that bz must fix.

    • Phase I of Compositor is to land after dbaron finishes review.
    • All bugs that block the branch must be marked blocking-1.9.2+ and have P1 priority status. Please mark immediately.


Blocker Report

Gecko 1.9.1.2 / Firefox 3.5.2

Gecko 1.9.2 / Namoroka


Browser / Front End

  • Asynchronous location bar: will land in time for alpha

  • Focus rewrite: regressions being tracked off of main bug 178324
  • Form awesomecomplete: bug 370117 landed, and bug 446247 should be coming later today
  • Responsiveness: in addition to fixed TSnappiness bugs, we also plan on getting bug 462809 completed by alpha to improve perception of performance
  • Ctrl-tab: landed required changes, moved behind pref by bug 465076


GFX Update

  • bug 753 landed, two regressions found and fixed the day after.

  • Decode-on-draw looking very good, but won’t make it for alpha or branch. Some layout and content dependencies/changes needed. bug 435296
  • OpenGL backend work has started, but might be deprioritized for Electrolysis/Fennec bug bug 505847
  • XBM file format being removed. bug 504822


Layout Update

  • Compositor phase 1 landed; a few regressions, fixes in hand for all but perhaps one or two

    • Removing widgets from <deck> for 1.9.2
  • Feature logjam for 1.9.2: background-size, CSS gradients, -moz-image-rect
  • fantasai patches for removing float continuations; probably not to land on 1.9.2


Content Update

  • mrbkap’s COW wrappers landed and no one noticed, which is exactly what we wanted!

  • bz is done with interruptible reflow crash regression fixing. Still some functional tweaks to do, but nothing super urgent.
  • bnewman making progress improving the Java-to-C++ HTML5 parser translator (reducing generated code [bug 505602] by ~15kloc, addressing perf issues [bug 506090]).
  • cjones making progress on infallible malloc.
  • peterv keeps knocking %s off of Dromaeo.


Platform-specific Support Update

  • Mac OS X fullscreen capabilities landed. Just needs Firefox UI to enable (see bug 505699).

  • Cocoa NPAPI in review.
  • Steven on vacation for a bit.
  • Win7 taskbar features progressing, working on build sdk update for landings.


JS

  • Concurrent sweep added to GC. helps with animations.

  • 11-13% additional dromaeo improvement on TM tree right now.
  • Graydon et al. have a huge nanojit merge ready. What do we do with it?


Security


Electrolysis

  • all multi-process activity preffed off by default to make unit tests go green and separate plugin and tab work

  • Joe working on tilebrowser graphics… ETA?
  • Other project spinning up, but slowly due to existing 1.9.2 sprints and security work


Tree Management

  • intermittent woes:

    • talos redness caused by failed posts to new graph server. bug 476208
    • win32 build failures caused by NTFS file system woes “circular directory” bug 496712
  • Electrolysis branch done
  • filling out Tracemonkey
    • enabling mobile linux-arm builds tomorrow morning bug 505219

    • unittests, talos coming next week?
  • Note: mobile pool-of-slaves still unable to keep up with load; more devices coming after discussions on what model to get.
  • One VM to robarnold for win7
  • Spinning up more machines


Roundtable

  • feature list for 1.9.2 (beltzner)

  • test plans for 1.9.2 (beltzner)
  • string freeze on mozilla 1.9.2 for mobile (Axel)

27-July-2009

Places Meeting Minutes: 2009-07-27

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Places/Status Meetings/2009-07-27

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »

Places Team Meeting Details

  • Mondays at 9:00am Pacific

  • irc.mozilla.org #places


Work Priorities


QA Issues


Status updates

  • sdwilsh

    • bug 455555 – Use asynchronous queries for places autocomplete (working on blocking bugs)
  • mak

    • Just back from vacation, catching up with mails, some Tsnappiness bug and dynamic containers to unbitrot, would like to clean up existing patches by end of the week.

    • Need to publish proposal on m.d.a.f. for livemarks conversion sprint once dynamic containers are available.
    • Would like to start with some Migration components sprint (JS porting and removing of obsolete migrators).
  • ddahl

    • Focused on landing bug 480735, addressing review by bsmedberg and brendan, should have a new patch up this afternoon.

    • Also using shark to compare startup timeline logging with shark profile.
    • Starting Jetpack .toolbar component and writing a JEP for a Places api in jetpack.


Documentation

  • MDC

    • the migration guide needs history api and dynamic container examples. (dietrich)

    • the design documents linked from MDC need to be written. can probably cull from the old design overview docs.
    • Documentation non-existent:
      • dynamic containers (MaK77)

        • will do as soon as they are working properly


Roundtable

  • bug 489173 Issue with size of places.sqlite and Google Toolbar

    • Need to check if latest Google toolbar did fix the issue (and if eventually we need to push harder on having a vacuuming service)

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2009-07-27

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2009-07-27

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Friends of the Tree

Mary writes in, “I wanted to add William D. or FuzzyFox for creating the easter egg hut platform most recently used for MozHunt Mumbai & the ecard platform that was used for Holi Day this past spring. He has also done radio spots for Firefox on his college radio station! He is always game to collaborate with fellow community members as well! http://www.spreadfirefox.com/spotlights/williamd

Akash writes in, “I’d like to nominate Tanner Young for the excellent work he’s provided on this past Friday’s Testday on AMO 5.0.8 as well as his work done in the Mozilla QA Community over the past 3 months in general. More specifically, he found 7 out of the 23 bugs found on this recent testday and as been involved in triaging, reporting, and verifying 388 bugs since he’s began helping out the community since the end of the April.”

Jesse writes in, “I’d like to nominate tmyoung, kbrosnan, and SpeedEvil for helping resolve
100 crash bugs last Tuesday http://www.squarefree.com/2009/07/21/100-crash-bugs-resolved

Blake writes in, “Lucas (L.B.Kruijswijk@inter.nl.net) has been doing an awesome job
reducing testcases.”

Melissa wanted to highlight ” vineel reddy, moh haghighat, ken saunders, and kevin gerich — all have recently helped out with mozilla pr efforts by speaking with reporters for stories with BusinessWeek and The New York Times! ”


Development Updates


Firefox

Firefox Front End Work

Firefox 3.6

  • code freeze scheduled for Wednesday late PDT

  • alpha release from mozilla-central scheduled for Friday PDT
    • interruptible reflow

    • content sink refactoring
    • compositor phase 1
    • performance and responsiveness fixes
    • support for Aero Peek, we hope!

Team News

  • new IRC channel organization:

    • #fx-team is where discussion of Firefox front end development takes place

    • #planning is where planning discussion for upcoming Firefox releases (3.6, 3.5.x, 3.0.x) and planning meeting back channel chatter takes place, replacing #shiretoko and #namaroka
    • you will be automatically redirected if you have autojoins to either of the previously existing channels


Gecko

  • Currently landing and stabilizing features and patches in order to branch for 1.9.2.

  • A few highlights of what the team is working on:


Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x

  • Firefox 3.0.12

    • shipped on Tuesday!

    • amount of crashes is much lower
  • Firefox 3.0.13
    • targeting early September release

    • code freeze set for August 4 at 11:59pm
    • please work on your blockers
  • Firefox 3.5.2
    • targeting release for first week of August
  • Firefox 3.5.3
    • targeting release for early September

    • in par with Firefox 3.0.13 release


TB 3


Mobile


IT


Release Engineering

  • New project branches:

    • Places bug 459269

    • Electrolysis bug 500755
    • Adding mobile builds/test/talos to TraceMonkey
    • all these adding extra load to small pool of mobile devices, please be patient
    • mozilla-192 will be in next couple weeks
  • Super fast work on FF3.5.1 last week
    • our first dot-release on new automation
  • FF3.0.12 had refreshed major update to FF3.5.1.
  • waiting for “go” for FF3.6alpha1


QA

Introducing Vishal Kamdar – Web testing contractor

Test Execution

  • Shipped Fx3.0.12

  • Ran trial tests against signing server improvements on Fx3.0.12 and Fx3.5.1
  • Build out QA lab images for Vista, XP, ubuntu, and PPC
  • Increasing Execution coverage on mobile devices and tegra testing
  • Analysis of testcase coverage on manual BFTs versus automated components

Web Dev Testing

  • AMO: Created test cases for AMO, helped lead the AMO 5.0.8 testday, and verified bug fixes.

  • SUMO 1.2.1: Verified bugs fixes and wrote test cases.
  • Mozilla.com: Verified bugs fixes
  • Personas: Verified bug fixes and help ship GetPersonas.com 1.7
  • Lots of projects in the queue: Mozilla Serviceweek, Mozilla creative Collective (MCC), SUMO, AMO, Spread Firefox
  • Next up: Add testcases for AMO. Test MCC phase-2 features. Test SUMO 1.2.1,AMO 5.0.8 releases
  • Wrote Volunteer document, which seeks to engage and inform potential community members

Metrics, Accessibility, Localization, Community

  • Community:

  • Metrics: Presented the manual BFT code coverage versus automated code coverage data analysis in QA meeting. Will publish more publicly shortly! Preparing a spreadsheet that contains source file name, autocov%, manulacov%, GenBug fixes, Regression bug fixes, Sec bug fixes, auto functional cov, manual functional cov for each file. Should be ready Thursday.

Test Development

  • Clint and Joel gave a presentation at OSCON

  • Got Mochitests running on Windows Mobile by using a [remote server to host] the tests. Now working to see if that is really the best way to run Mochi* on winmo.
  • Continue to plug away at the HTML5 parser test suite; particularly the tokenizer and tree builder tests.
  • Heather and Aaron presented the QAC at Thursday’s Design Lunch. We got a bunch of feedback, and are finishing up addressing that this week.
  • Finishing the Site Compare tool and beginning to get the Fennec Results Server off the ground


Security

  • Come say hi at Blackhat.


Marketing/PR

PR

Mozilla Service Week

  • Outreach continues for new friends of the program. We’re hosting our second call on July 30th at 9 a.m. PDT for organizations interested in promoting MozService. Call details:

    • 650-903-0800, ext 92, id 248
  • Friends to-date:
  • ES, DE & FR scheduled for August 10th.
  • Organizing local sprints during the Mozilla Service Week. Please let Mary know if there is an organization you want to work with!

Events

  • Maker Faire Africa August 14 – 16, 2009, Accra, Ghana – We are sponsoring this event and will have a presence at MFA. Our mission is to help bring together the local L10n community. Check out the wiki for early details.

  • Shaastra 2009 September 30 – October 3, 2009 at Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai – Will be sponsoring and our Campus Rep SathishKumar Kandasamy will be representing Mozilla at the festival.

General


Support

  • Ran 24 hour Kampyle survey on the SUMO start page last week.


Metrics

  • The 9th edition of Funnelcake ships tonight at midnight

    • Installer Feedback form will be included
  • Published some data around Fx3.5 adoption
    • Which region is #1?
  • Implemented the first-ever pop-up on one of Mozilla’s top web pages (SUMO homepage), allowing users to leave us feedback about their experience on the site
    • What was by far the #1 comment left by users?
  • Published Reporter (Help -> Report Broken Web Site) analysis for the first time
    • Thanks to Eric Hergenrader

    • More than 1,000 users leave us feedback every day
    • More analysis to follow


Evangelism

  • No updates this week.


Labs


Developer Tools

no updates this week.


Add-ons

  • AMO 5.0.8 code freeze this Wednesday, see bugzilla

  • Jetpack gallery implementation starts this week
  • Jetpack Roadmap draft created
  • First week of contributions, 89 developers signed up and 37 of them received some contribution.
  • 94% of add-ons compatible with 3.5, due to increased usage of 3.5


Webdev

  • Socorro UI updates, Socorro team presented at OSCON!

  • Laura presented on SUMO at OSCON
  • AMO 5.0.8
  • SUMO 1.2.1 maintenance release later this week


L10n

L10n team will be working together in Berlin next week.

Fennec

  • Met with dev team today, hoping to have a localized Maemo beta, as well as setting a string freeze for Fennec 1.0 release sometime in mid-August. Tasks needing work

    • installers

    • some productzation elements (default bookmarks)
    • web l10n
    • outreach to localizers

Web

  • Billionth download campaign l10n will start sometime this week.

  • Get Personas site is getting reading for l10n
  • All Fennec pages/content will need l10n; working with the Marketing team to finalize that

Tools

  • Working on a l20n implementation

  • Verbatim AMO and SUMO

Metrics

  • Creating metrics reports for each localization


Foundation Updates


Roundtable


Intern Show & Tell

This week we have the following interns presenting:

  • RJ Walsh (WebDev)

  • Jeremy Hiatt (L10N)
  • Shannon Prior (Marketing)
  • Eric Hergenrader (Metrics)
  • Felipe Gomes (Firefox)


Other Business

21-July-2009

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2009-07-21

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2009-07-21

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> bienvenu

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.


Action Items


New


Open

  • Autoconfig process

    • Webapp currently being tested to fix some initial problems, will open up for broader testing soon, i.e., move the webapp to a place where more people can access it.


Closed


Thunderbird 3 Beta 3

  • Mirrors currently absorbing the bits

  • Finishing touches being put onto the web content
  • We’re shipping today!
  • W00t!


Thunderbird 3 Beta 4

  • Standard8 will start going through the various bug lists this week and start to think more about schedule for b4 and rc1.
  • Release Driver: Standard8

  • Build Engineer: gozer


Thunderbird 3

  • Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.

  • If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don’t want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.


QA Updates

  • Testing against builds priors to build1 a success as most issues were found and some fixed for Build1. No blockers found.

  • Test results For 3.0b3.
  • Crash stats looks ok – but usage seems low due to summer
  • No big change landing at the last minute helped a lot.


Marketing Updates

  • Welcome to Roland Tanglao who will be leading the end-user support program!


IT update

  • Migrating to our own AUS server is complete bug 487629

  • Moving OS X builds to 10.5 is complete bug 500676
  • All MoCo build machines can now be retired
  • Building and Releasing Thunderbird 3.0 Beta 3
  • New hire process


Documentation


Roundtable


Status Updates


nth10sd
  • In Hong Kong again for just over a month.

  • Beta 3 litmus testing, esp. on Linux.
  • Created SM equivalent of review? / superreview? charts.
  • Picking back up on patchlove (back to 0 already), and qawanted.
  • Continuing Mozmill re-familiarisation by refreshing a bit of Python and Javascript.


sid0


davida


dmose
  • Last week: 98% 3.0b3 work

  • This week: W-F, OSCON w/davida
  • Vacation: Monday, July 27 – Weds, August 5


Standard8

Next week:

  • Hook mozmill targets up to httpd server

    • The aim here is to a) see how httpd server is hooked up for reftests etc. b) learn how to apply that to mozmill, c) then apply to fake servers.

    • Also so that I can write some tests for cookie & remote content policies.
  • Do the POP patch for bug 121647 POP/IMAP server passwords are inappropriately forgotten.
  • Pick up send in background work again.


asuth


bienvenu
  • Reviews and Triage

  • On vacation most of last week
  • Added filtered enumerator to msg db to allow js code to avoid creating unneeded msg hdrs when looking for messages bug 499806
  • Fixed bug 500216 – Disable a number of commands when collapsed thread is selected (e.g., reply, view source, etc)
  • Worked on bug 323875 imap undo fails if source folder has been expunged (which is always true for gmail)
  • Worked on test_nsMsgDBView.js so I could add a test case for bug 505321

Next Week:

  • Finish imap undo fix

  • Start looking into autosync space/time policy and auto-compact


gozer
  • Build

    • All our builds (Beta 3 included) are now on our own aus server

    • Completed migration to OS X 10.5 across the board
    • All remaining MoCo build machines can now be given back
    • Build & Release of Thunderbird 3.0 Beta 3
  • Web

    • Content for Thunderbird 3.0 Beta 3

    • AUS latency and logging improvements
  • Infrastructure


clarkbw
  • vacation

  • ui-reviews
  • will be catching up this week


wsmwk


beckley


Penelope


KaiRo
  • All activities centering around the SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 1 release, which is happening today in sync with Thunderbird 3.0 Beta 3

  • Release automation worked beautifully, with the exception of not knowing how to bump version-191.txt, which I wrote a patch for and should check into build/tools rsn (review is there, just need to find time)
  • A few smaller issues during running the release from automation were specific to the SeaMonkey VMs, not the release automation tooling itself.


rkent


rebron


Tsk
  • Last week

    • Testing
  • Upcoming week


andreasn
  • Last week

    • Away on vacation
  • This week

    • Catch up on bug mails.

    • Vista theme work bug 488060
    • More quick account setup design
    • Look into that no dialogs get clipped bug 504042


bwinton

Last week:

  • Worked a lot on unit tests for bug 465269.

  • Put up patch for bug 502856.
  • Created a Windows XP VM, installed the dev tools, got the source code, and started building TB on Windows for bug 495478.

This week:


roland
  • Started Monday – Technical Support Lead

  • Love to hear from people with ideas/suggestions/feedback on Thunderbird support especially those who are already doing it. Please catch me on IRC irc.mozilla.org #maildev as well as email roland@mozillamessaging.com


Attendees

dmose, bienvenu, asuth, gozer, ludovic, roland, rafael, bwinton, beckley, nth10sd, clarkbw, kairo, wsmwk

Mozilla Platform Meeting Minutes: 2009-07-21

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

Platform/2009-07-21

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Notices / Schedule

Firefox 3.0.12

  • shipping today

Firefox 3.0.13

  • work on your blockers

  • code freeze on August 4
  • please request approval before landing

Firefox 3.5

  • Over 35 MILLION downloads so far!

Firefox 3.5.1

  • shipped an early release last week due to 0-day

Firefox 3.5.2

  • using the new flags for triage

  • goal of this release should be a quick-turnaround that:
    • topcrash fixes, security/stability patches

    • narrow scope, small changes
    • contrary to some reports on the Internet, this is the usual process for Firefox and software releases; the 3.5 release was strong, stable and solid, and feedback has been extremely positive. Near the end of the release we become extremely conservative about patches to accept; the 3.5.1 release is a quick update to fold in some patches that came up late in the 3.5 release cycle.
  • we will be going through approval1.9.1.1 flags and triaging them; no need to change them to approval1.9.1.2 flags

Firefox 3.6a1
Notes from today’s meeting on branch and alpha schedule:

  • Our current plan is to branch for 1.9.2 on July 31st. There are several items that must land and become stable before we branch (All discussed below).

    • There are several bugs related to ireflow that bz must fix.

    • Phase I of Compositor is to land after dbaron finishes review.
    • All bugs that block the branch must be marked blocking-1.9.2+ and have P1 priority status. Please mark immediately.
  • We will try to do an alpha before we branch on July 31st. Since time is short, we will make the call whether or not an alpha is even possible before we branch, on Friday, July 24th. Even then, things are tight, and it’s quite possible that we won’t have time for an alpha.


Blocker Report

Gecko 1.9.1.2 / Firefox 3.5.2

Gecko 1.9.2 / Namoroka


Browser / Front End

  • Asynchronous location bar: one visual glitch outstanding

  • Focus rewrite: two bugs left, one needs Karlt
  • Form awesomecomplete: done this week
  • Responsiveness: ongoing
  • Ctrl-tab: moved behind pref
  • Polish update: Firefox is 59% shiny (0% change)


GFX Update

  • bug 753 – landed!

  • Landing bug 753 means that it’s now possible to make informed decisions about the individual pieces that depend on it.
    • Decode-on-draw is working pretty well, but has a lot more bugs to go. Bobby Holley is going to be sprinting on it this week, and we’ll likely be able to make a call on it this time next week.

    • Aero peek backend, bug 501490, is just awaiting review, but also depends on some other bugs. Will be ready.
      • Backend code also contains a taskbar framework that other Windows 7 enhancements depend on.
  • Windows 7 enhancements that depend on Aero peek’s taskbar/superbar framework:
    • Aero peek frontend bug 474056 is coming along, and will likely be ready in time.

    • Download status in the superbar, bug 474060, probably won’t make it for 1.9.2, but sid0 is working on it.
    • Jumplists, bug 473045. Should be in 1.9.2, will probably make it?
    • All the above should be ready by mid-August – soon enough?
  • Windows/Windows 7 enhancements that don’t depend on taskbar/superbar:
    • Window docking on Windows 7, bug 489258, is just waiting on review for both 1.9.1 and 1.9.2.

    • Parental Controls:
      • bug 355555 – Content blocking by parental controls. In progress.

      • bug 423587 – Extension manager install blocking parental controls – up for review.
    • Cleartype
      • bug 504698 – Windows XP doesn’t have Cleartype (subpixel text AA) enabled by default, which has upset some downloadable font-using authors. Fix is going to be to add a hidden pref, default to on, to force Cleartype on downloadable fonts. This will be submitted for 1.9.1 and 1.9.2.

      • Question: Do we want to default Cleartype on for all content? That’s what IE does. (Probably want to check in backend support for this, then let products make their own call. 1.9.2 only.)

Other news:

  • topcrasher bug 470487 fix seems to have worked! Backport to 1.9.1?


Layout Update

  • Patches on 1.9.2 radar

    • Compositor phase 1

    • CSS gradients
    • CSS background-size
    • bz’s framelist cleanup
    • Core Text?
      • wanted for better OpenType support (esp. Arabic, relevant for @font-face use), and for broader testing as Core Text is required for 64-bit

      • requires moving builds to 10.5 SDK (bug 504179), then adding –enable-coretext configure option to mozconfig
      • changing SDK introduces risk of incompatibility with 10.4; need to maintain testing on 10.4 until we officially drop it as a supported OS
      • known sqlite issue on 10.4 in bug 423691 (has workaround)
  • Patches probably waiting for post-1.9.2
    • Font system unification cleanup

    • Remove float placeholder splitting
  • Disable interruptible reflow for 1.9.2 default


Content Update

  • Making progress on XBL2!

  • Continuing followup work for the HTML5 parser (check out parser/html/java/README.txt)
  • Working out what it means to have more than one Java plugin.
  • Focusing on the remaining interruptible reflow regressions.


Mac OS X Update

  • Markus Stange is very close to having a completed patch for fullscreen in 1.9.2, bug 420491.

  • 64-bit Mac OS X port blocked on gfx bug 493280.
    • current intention is to land 493280 on trunk right after 1.9.2 branches; is it wanted earlier?
  • Cocoa NPAPI event model close to finished, part of it landed, most of the rest under review. Lacking complex text support at the moment.
  • Steven Michaud fixed two topcrashers (bug 503196 and bug 503391). landed a patch to support plugin printing (bug 191046) and is reviewing Josh’s Cocoa NPAPI event model patch (bug 435041).


JS


Security

  • Content Security Policy wrapping up implementation. Hoping to land before 7/31 1.9.2 branch date, but ok with missing alpha (if there’s an alpha before branch)


Electrolysis

  • Fixed MSVC8 and GCC 4.1 build bustages

  • Buildbots should be in production tomorrow, if things go well
  • Fighting with mixed size of wchar… chromium requires 4-byte and we require 2-byte for NS_LITERAL_STRING to work. Several complicated preprocessing schemes are being discussed, but none are especially pretty
  • Starting a small subproject to demonstrate multiprocess+fennec: because Fennec doesn’t use native widgets the same way, we need to ship bitmaps across the wire as well as remote mouse and keyboard events


Tree Management

  • intermittent woes:

    • talos redness caused by failed posts to new graph server. bug 476208

    • win32 build failures caused by NTFS file system woes “circular directory” bug 496712
  • Places project branch handed over last week – no complaints??!?
  • Electrolysis branch coming online tomorrow morning.
  • filling out Tracemonkey
    • enabling mobile linux-arm builds tomorrow morning bug 505219

    • unittests, talos coming next week?
  • Infrastructure load:
    • may 2009 New high-water mark of 108 pushes (~1,749 jobs) on 20th may 2009.

    • june 2009


Roundtable

20-July-2009

Mozilla Project Meeting Minutes: 2009-07-20

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 11:00 pm

WeeklyUpdates/2009-07-20

From MozillaWiki

« previous week | index | next week »


Friends of the Tree

Fligtar wrote in, “I’d like to nominate James Ouyang for Friend of the Tree this week. James is a community member who helped us out for several hours on Saturday in our booth at the Renegade Craft Fair telling people about Firefox, Personas, and add-ons. ”

stephend wrote in, “I’d like to nominate Tom Ellins (TMZ) for his awesome SUMO bug triage/verification over the past week, especially.”


Development Updates


Firefox

Product Roadmap

  • note: beltzner is working on a fuller blog post to discuss these topics, this is a rough outline

  • last week at the Development (Tuesday) and Product Delivery (Wednesday) meetings we talked about stabilization of the trunk (which has been open to review-only landings since December 2008)
    • finishing up current work (interruptible relow, content sink, focus, Cairo update, other bits and pieces)

    • avoiding things that could break other code areas
    • looking to branch / hit 3.6a1 milestone at the end of the month
  • proposed product roadmap:
    • August 1st: create mozilla-1.9.2 branch

      • release Fennec 1.0 end of summer

      • release RC of Windows CE builds at end of summer
      • release Firefox 3.6 mid-to-late fall, potentially as minor update
    • November 1st: create mozilla-1.9.3 branch
      • unsure at this time which products will be consumers

      • maybe a Firefox 3.7 for late spring 2010
    • stage “large landings” (ie: compositor, XBL2, etc) on mozilla-central between regular stabilization periods

Firefox Front End Work

  • now working on a variety of projects:

    • stabilizing focus rewrite work

    • stabilizing Windows CE builds for shipment with NVIDIA Tegra based devices
    • putting new tab-switching UI behind a preference, default off for now
    • improving Ts and browser responsiveness
    • making the awesomebar asynchronous for increased responsiveness
    • adding awesomebar logic to form fill (aka: “awesomecomplete”)
    • improving scrolling model on Windows and other perceived performance issues
    • polishing multitouch and Aero support for Windows 7
    • making 404 error pages more useful

Team News

  • the team meets on Mondays and Fridays to discuss project work

  • can be found in #fx-team, please come join us!


Gecko

No update. Please join the Platform Meeting on Tuesday for any specific platform development items.


Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x

  • Firefox 3.5.2

    • working on blocker list and approvals

    • see dev-planning post for details on new branch management flags
  • Firefox 3.0.12
    • no blocking issues yet reported during beta period

    • intending to ship tomorrow
  • Firefox 3.0.13
    • code freeze is August 4 at 11:59pm

    • aiming for early September release


TB 3

  • On schedule to ship Thunderbird 3.0b3 tomorrow, July 21


Mobile


IT


Release Engineering


QA

Test Execution

  • Shipped Fx3.0.12 to beta on 7/14

  • Shipped Fx3.5.1 to world on 7/16
  • Assisting build team to test builds against signing machines
  • Automating software update smoketests almost there. bug 504653

Web Dev Testing

Metrics, Accessibility, Localization, Community

  • Community:

  • Accessibility:
  • Metrics
    • Working with Simon on and talked to Blezner about short term metrics to put in place. We should have some new public metrics regarding bugs marked blocking within about a week.

    • Completed a first round of JSCoverage tool modifications and coverage collection. So we have a good set of code coverage for both C/C++ and JS. Worked with catlee and joduinn to make mochitest code coverage collection more reliable.

Test Development


Security


Marketing/PR

PR

  • Paul Krill from TechWorld reports on the contributions program for Add-ons http://bit.ly/WfNrF

MozService Week

  • Held our first partner (or “Friends”) call last week. We’re looking to build out our network of supporters for the program and will make an announcement shortly on new Friends.

  • Localization: Looking to stage DE, FR and ES shortly. Thanks to everyone for helping localize it!

Events

  • Renegade Craft Festival, July 18 – 19, 2009, San Francisco – We had a great time at Renegade this past weekend.  Thanks so much to all of the volunteers that showed up and helped us out.  Check out some of our thoughts on the fair on the wiki.

  • MozCamp Mumbai: Thanks to community members Aamod Nerurkar and Sanjay Bhangar for pulling together a MozCamp with a week’s notice. Talks included a pre-recorded standards talk with Arun Ranganathan and a marketing Mozilla & Firefox talk by Aamod. Aamod and Sanjay will post the recorded talks shortly.

General


Support

  • The Firefox Manual has been updated for 3.5! Big thanks to the SUMO community for making this happen, and especially xtz and TMZ who signed up for chapter updates on the update tracking page.


Metrics

  • Browser market share – We spoke with Net Applications last week. They’re planning to not publish any market share data for June. July data, expected to come out August 1st, will be based on a new methodology.


Evangelism


Labs


Developer Tools

  • Memory tool

    • Blog post on Memory Tool update posted

    • Met with members of platform team to discuss next steps
    • Busily working away on the next version
  • Bespin
    • Next major feature, collaboration, coming soon, maybe as soon as tomorrow

    • Stabilization work on user interface on-going, should be wrapped up this week
  • Tools directory
    • Minor release this week with updated database and user interface, as well as blog post discussion vision and roadmap of the tool


Add-ons

  • Launched 5.0.7 on 7/15 with Contributions and Tagging

    • Over 100 developers have requested contributions from $.99 to $10

      • Response from community and press has been positive
    • Tagging
      • Developers and users can both create tags- developers can delete any tag

      • Tags can be used to navigate add-ons or create searchable keywords
  • Next up is rich user profiles, public statistics dashboard, and numerous bug fixes.
  • Renegade Craft Fair big success
    • Lots of enthusiasm for Firefox, low awareness of add-ons and personas


Webdev

  • AMO 5.0.7 launched last week!

  • Socorro – refreshing UI for OSCON – update today or tomorrow (Austin, Lars are at OSCON this week as well giving a talk on Socorro).
  • AUS – made some changes to AUS last week to accommodate channel exceptions for throttling.
  • Scores from Full-time vs. Interns:
    • Game 1: FT 21, Interns 8

    • Game 2: FT 21, Interns 16


L10n

Firefox 3.5

Firefox 3.5.1 shipped with Macedonian and Serbian.


Foundation Updates

  • The full Mozilla Foundation team met in Toronto last week to map out the rest of 2009 and start 2010 planning.

    • Blog and wiki postings coming soon with updated priorities and ideas for new initiatives.


Roundtable


Intern Show & Tell

No Show and Tell this week… We’ll resume next week.
Also, we’ll start the interns’ brownbags in a couple of weeks, during which the interns will be able to share their projects in greater details. Times/dates/topic will be posted on the regular brownbags page, and we’ll have between 2 and 4 presentations per session.


Other Business

15-July-2009

SeaMonkey Meeting Minutes: 2009-07-14

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 10:29 am

SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2009-07-14

From MozillaWiki

« last meeting | index

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty


Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

  • We need bug 483980 back-ported from trunk to fix our History Import bug bug 484175. Ratty to raise the issue in mozilla.dev.planning.

OPEN

  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: “We don’t have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time.” – We can only wait right now.

CLOSED


SeaMonkey 2 Beta 1

Bug Queries

open blockers (0)
all blockers (2)
blocker requests (0)

  • Triage of the remaining blocker nominations?

  • Beta 1 freeze today at 23:50 PDT
  • Blocker bug 484175 (History Import from SeaMonkey 1.1.x is not working): how can we progress? Do we need to really block this Beta on that problem?
    • The fix depends on back-porting bug 483980 from trunk back to 1.9.1.

    • Nobody else seems to have noticed the problem (no duplicates) and there is a workaround.
    • No objections to moving this bug from b1+ to b1- and b2+ and to relnote it.
  • We need start a wiki page to list the things we should relnote for B2 including the password issue.
  • Tabmail is still missing. It needs a bit more work and reviews, but it’s reaching a usable state. It will not make this beta so we will push this to b2.
  • We are ready to roll 2.0b1 builds as soon as we have L10n cutoff.


SeaMonkey 2 Beta 2

Bug Queries

open blockers (2)
all blockers (2)
blocker requests (3)

  • We might want to take bug 474701 depending on how it works out in Thunderbird.

  • Tabmail is the largest missing feature.
    • Prerequisite for Lightning which we would like to support in final.
  • According to Standard8 a rough estimate for the Thunderbird 3.0b4 cycle would be four to eight weeks.


Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning

open wanted (11)
wanted requests (21)

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 34 new, 15 fixed, 38 triaged.

Major wanted/needed features:

  • Download manager aftermath:

    • bug 474622 Enable action keys (Del, Enter, Space) and double click in new Download Manager – landed

    • bug 490464 Update the Download pref pane for use with new DLMGR – landed
  • Toolbar customization aftermath:
    • bug 481862 We still need small button icons for modern in MailNews. Ratty will work with Misak to get the small icons finished.
  • bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
    • A new patch has been submitted and is undergoing reviews. Most of the remaining issues are cosmetic.
  • bug 456757 Modern theme update. prometeo has stepped up to work on this.
    • No News.
  • bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
    • stefanh has done some work on Mac but hasn’t posted anything new yet.
  • bug 348720 New icon set for “SeaMonkey Default Theme”.
    • No News.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
    • We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.

    • We probably need to move this item to either Beta2 or 2.next.
  • bug 460953 Port jminta’s kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
    • There isn’t any urgent need for progress on this as long as we don’t break. It might be good for extensions if we to convert our folder pane to be JS-driven e.g. calendar wants to put items there.


Roundtable

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).


ajschult


Aqualon

  • Working on bug 503668 [port] bug 464770 – Pluggable filter lists.


asrail


biesi


Callek


IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.

  • Blocker triaging.


KaiRo

  • A huge amount of work on the new release harness, the tooling is ready for Beta 1, the 1.9.1 tree is missing one patch we need, though.

  • Continued uploading of contributed builds for 1.1.17
  • As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.


mcsmurf

  • Attached patch to bug 495680 Problems with import of downloads.rdf after switch to toolkit download manager.

  • Found out what bug on mozilla-central fixed bug 484175 History Import from SeaMonkey 1.1.x is not working (related to places?), can probably port this to the 1.9.1 branch.


Misak


Mnyromyr


MReimer


Neil

  • Bugs Fixed:

    • bug 490464 Update the Download pref pane for use with new DLMGR.

    • bug 501195 SM 2 trunk has quit honoring startup “mail and news” pref.
  • Working on:
    • bug 501095 Clean up appPicker’s use of XUL.

    • bug 503478 Most context menu items unavailable outside of contentEditable area.


Ratty

  • Bugs fixed:

    • bug 156734 embed objects not shown in page info preview.

    • bug 462997 On reload Current Build ID disappears from the title bar.
    • bug 491835 Add entry for allow/disable/remember geolocation to Permissions tab in Page Info (Waiting for tree to reopen before check-in).
    • bug 498153 Modern needs global/appPicker.css.
    • Fixed Modern global/richlistbox.css (part of bug 465924 Modern Update for global/)
  • Working on:
    • bug 491310 Port changes in the new Firefox Page Info implementation.

    • bug 481862 Small buttons for MailNews. Working on the CSS part.
  • Bug triage: PageInfo, Toolbar Customization, etc.
  • AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/


sgautherie

  • Fixed SeaMonkey bugs:

    • bug 471505 [Windows] mochitest-plain: new 200 bytes leak on 2008-12-29; (Bv1) Set threshold back to 0.
  • And working on other areas… like:
    • infrastructure to run tests.

    • filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit) tests.
    • doing a Windows comm-central-trunk SeaMonkey unit test build, reporting to bug 470184 issue tracking; looking forward to an official build when enough new buildbot slaves can be enabled (bug 464325 follow-ups).


Standard8


stefanh

  • Fixed bug 488522 Both msgReadSMIMEOverlay and msgHdrViewOverlay re-import messenger.css so we have to do extra work to override styles in messenger.css.

  • Working on bug 249744 Use xbl instead of hard-coding image URIs in Help.


wladow


Any other business?

  • What do you think about doing a face-to-face SeaMonkey meeting?

    • We could use the donations MoFo keeps for us to pay for travel, accomodation, and venue.

    • Where and approximately when we could/should do it?

Thunderbird Meeting Minutes: 2009-07-14

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — bsmedberg @ 10:29 am

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2009-07-14

From MozillaWiki

last meeting | index | next meeting »

Thunderbird Meeting Details :


Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> Ludovic (bienvenu on holiday)

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.


Action Items


New


Open

  • Autoconfig process

    • Webapp currently being tested to fix some initial problems, will open up for broader testing soon.


Closed


Thunderbird 3 Beta 3

  • Firm code freeze today. All patches require release driver approval.
  • Freeze Dates ( All dates use time of 23:59 PST )

    • Slushy String freeze date: 2009-07-02 (In progress)

    • Slushy Code Freeze date: 2009-07-07 (In progress)
    • Firm String / Code freeze date: 2009-07-14 (Today)
    • l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: 2009-07-16 (Thur)
    • Target Build Ship date: 2009-07-21 (Tues)
  • dmose is release driver
  • gozer is build engineer


Thunderbird 3 Beta 4

  • Standard8 will start going through the various bug lists this week and start to think more about schedule for b4 and rc1.
  • Release Driver: Standard8

  • Build Engineer: gozer


Thunderbird 3

  • Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.

  • If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don’t want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.


QA Updates

  • Working low on maintaining bugzilla

  • Working mostly on testing b3 : | List of bug founds
    • community attendance is low – probably vacation factor, only new participants.

    • Litmus feels slow up until you get to the test page


Marketing Updates


IT update

  • Migrating to our own AUS server is under way bug 487629

  • Moving OS X builds to 10.5 almost completed bug 500676
    • comm-1.9.1 dep/nightly still on 10.4 until we switch AUS servers

    • Retired OS X 10.4 Builders
    • Added 2 new OS X 10.5 Builders to the pool
    • Planned switchover for Wednesday’s nightlies


Documentation

  • See Jen’s post on mdat – stubs set up.

  • Any documentation welcome, rough will do – Jen is willing to review and tidy it up, but needs a base to start from.


Roundtable

OSCON bof cessions : 1 for users and 1 for add-ons dev


Status Updates


nth10sd


sid0


davida


dmose
  • worked with davida, rebron, and Nectar PR on Tb3 messaging

  • fixed imap delete model bug
  • code reviews
  • l10n work
  • bug triage
  • various other driving miscellany


Standard8
  • Reviews and driving

  • bug 500142 Mozmill integration with make targets and preparation for inclusion in package-tests
  • bug 502681 Crash if I select all after opening a message in a new tab without changing the focus
  • Cookies
    • We can now utilise cookies in non-mail windows (bug 492279 landed).
  • Tabs and related
    • bug 502616 Fix css for tab images

      • Patch for Windows/Mac, need to do a linux version. Gets the busy/thinking image working again.
    • Proposed patch for bug 503299 window.close() from a content tab closes Thunderbird window; need to think about a modified version to cope with all tab types.
    • Looked at getting the content tab correctly indicating when items are being loaded. Have a draft patch, needs more elements included from core – currently assessing in more detail.


asuth


bienvenu


gozer
  • Web

    • Still reading the Django book
  • Infrastructure

    • Signing VM built

    • Better/cleaner system provisionning
    • Retired OS X 10.4 Builders
    • Added 2 new OS X 10.5 Builders to the pool
    • Clonezilla rocks!


clarkbw


wsmwk
  • topcrash watching, filed several bugs and more to come

    • bug 503811 crash [@ nsMsgDBView::MarkThreadOfMsgRead(unsigned int, unsigned int, nsTArray<unsigned int>&, int)] marking thread read

    • bug 503854crash [@ nsMsgDBView::FindHdr(nsIMsgDBHdr*, unsigned int, int)]
    • bug 503955crash report lacks line numbers [3.1a1pre Mac]
  • triaged trivial+unconfirmed
  • commented in QMO: A Guide to IRC


beckley


Penelope
  • Mainly working on fixing Penelope/Eudora after recent TB mailbox/tab changes

  • Lack of working Venkman hindering progress


KaiRo
  • Enabled mozilla-central builds for SeaMonkey next to the SeaMonkey2.0 ones that are based on 1.9.1

  • Watched and checked bugs/checkins when Ben Hearsum landed L10n repackagaing and most release automation patches needed for comm-central applications.
  • Worked on ensuring that SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 1 can be released in parallel to Thunderbird 3.0 Beta 3


rkent


rebron
  • Planning and budgeting for remainder of the year.

  • Thunderbird 3 beta 3 work – website updates, pr notifications.


Tsk
  • Testing

  • Litmus care


andreasn


bwinton

Last week:

This week:


mkmelin


Attendees

Rebron, davida, Dmose, Standard8, Gozer, Nth10sd, sid0, Wsmwk, Beckley, Kairo, bwinton, _Tsk_

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress