Meeting Notes

29-November-2012

Mobile: 2012-11-28

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Schedule

  • Next merge is Week of 2013-01-06

  • Fx18 Beta 1 shipped

Major Topics for This Week

Private Browsing
First set of patches have been reviewed. Likely to land this week. This will allow for initial PB testing in Nightly.

Fx17 & ARMv6
Quick napkin calculations show a slow uptake of ARMv6 devices over the first week of Fx17. As of Nov 26th, we have 0.1 % of active device installs on ARMv6. For comparison, we had ~1% when Fx17 was on Beta.

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?

  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

James W. (snorp)

  • Last week

    • Hiding header

    • Bug 808595 – Firefox mobile (Nightly) doesn’t obey ‘only over Wifi’ setting for downloading updates on Sunday/early Monday (MEZ)
    • Bug 813675 – Updater doesn’t work with proxy
  • This week

    • Off Monday/Tuesday

    • More work on hiding header
    • Profiling work for B2G

Kats

  • Nov 21-28

    • bug 813204 – remove redundant touch listener notifications from js -> java

    • bug 792603 – disable reader mode on devices with less than 512 MiB of MemTotal
    • bug 807998 – free dirty heap pages on memory pressure
    • bug 814418 – make fennec build with NDK r8c (pending review)
    • went through all the open bugs blocking 800673 and WFM’d a bunch; fixed a couple:
    • bug 775511 – disable panning and scrollbars when in full-screen mode
    • bug 768887 – hide url bar when rotating in full-screen mode
    • bug 783521 – hide tabs sidebar in full-screen mode
    • bug 815684 – send some logcat info with crash reports (pending review)
  • Next
    • triage font-inflation bugs with scott to get some good examples of constrained-height problems that we can work on

    • continue working on armv6 + thumb and other memory-reduction things

GBrown

  • Last week:

    • bug 813858 Intermittent robocop shutdown failure with no summary…

    • bug 814481 Intermittent robocop “DMError: Invalid process line: Test results for FennecInstrumentationTestRunner=.”
    • bug 814496 SUT: long-running exec’d process corrupts response to future commands
    • bug 814805 Android xpcshell tests: chmod permission problems on rooted device
    • bug 815699 xpcshell test_NetUtil.js fails with SIGSEGV on Android
    • bug 814767 devicemanager: mkDirs optimization
    • bug 813724 Determine if it is possible to run Android tests in emulator-x86 – on-going
    • bug 816131 Determine if it is possible to run Android tests in virtualbox – on-going
  • Next:
    • bug 815786 Disable testCheck3 (rck3) in Talos

    • bug 742804 Dialog dictates user to attempt to save downloads elsewhere
    • bug 815726 fennec consumes 55% cpu and 350MB+ RSS, then reboots frequently on panda boards ?
    • bug 761987 Intermittent Android shutdown, crashtests/468771-2.xhtml, basn2c16.html crash [@ nssCertificate_Destroy]  ?
    • Small backlog of unresolved robocop issues: bugs 770483, 769524, etc.
  • Stalled/blocked:
    • bug 810471 Crash on startup during various tests

    • bug 768491 xpcshell on android hangs or crashes on exit, on tegra only

Chris Lord (cwiiis)

  • Done

    • bug 783368 – Low-res tile cache for tiled layers (mostly r+, green try, will push soon)

      • This bug fixes several other progressive-tile related regressions, such as bug 810278
  • Now/next

    • Fallout from bug 783368:

      • bug 814437 – Major talos regression in checkerboard tests

      • bug 814864 – Low precision tile rendering takes too much time from high precision
    • Progressive-tiles related invalidation issues (probably)
    • Mentoring morrison to help snorp with bug 716403 (Request to hide the navigation bar when scrolling down content)
    • Going on PTO from December 8th – January 1st (inclusive)
  • Low priority/blocked

    • bug 798539 – Jerkiness at the end of panning

    • bug 788522 – Enable asynchronous opacity and transform animations
    • Blog about invalidation work
    • Blog about low-res tiles work
    • bug 785069 – tcheckerboard2 has regressed substantially since Jul 22nd
    • bug 792415 – Covered areas of fixed position elements are not rendered
    • bug 783914 – WEBGL_depth_texture doesn’t work using ANGLE (low priority)
    • bug 800475 – Fade in new content tiles

JChen

  • Past week

    • Thanksgiving

    • Landed bug 814886 – java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid selection offsets
    • Been working on bug 811755 – Holding backspace in a designMode editor repositions cursor
  • Next week
    • Continue on bug 811755 – Holding backspace in a designMode editor repositions cursor

    • bug 810249 – Some VKB are not triggered in landscape mode
  • Low priority/Blocked
    • bug 809329 – Duplicate letters when Xperia pro keyboard has suggestions

      • Waiting for feedback from bug reporter
    • bug 810821 – Tapping on url bar with Samsung Galaxy Note’s II stylus doesn’t have url text selected
      • Just requested a Galaxy Note

GCP

  • Last week:

    • bug 815883 – fix WebRTC builds for ARM chips with neon FPUs

    • WebRTC on Android linking issues
  • Next week:
  • Notes:
    • FOSDEM: I signed us up and I see cwiis volunteerd to hold the talk.

Brian N

  • Done

    • Bug 813057 – Google search engine field stops resizing if suggestions change during animation

    • Bug 813346 – getBitmapFromDataURI() assumes fixed-length data URI header
    • Bug 810732 – Fennec tests are not running on Nightly
  • Next
    • More Fx19+ bugs

Sriram

  • Almost ready to land first set of Private Browsing patches. bug 806927 and bug 806937

  • Working on optimizing ShapedButton. bug 814224
    • Adding states instead of levels for Tabs and Menu button.
  • Re-created back/forward button in code
    • Supports persona and private-browsing.
  • Next:

WesJ

Last week:

  • Continued working on Bug 783312 – Make top sites customizable on about:home

  • Another round on Bug 681805 – [TABLETUI] Hide forward button when there is not forward shistory… (edit)
  • Blogged about webapps. Hoping to keep this out calling out webapps that are doing things well.

This week:

  • Finish working on Bug 783312 – Make top sites customizable on about:home

LucasR

Last week

  • bug 709433 – animate awesome bar transition from tab bar to keyboard input

  • Brainstorming ideas with Margaret to track and attract new coding contributors to Fennec

Next week

Margaret

(Can’t make the meeting today, but not much has changed)

  • Helping kill Gaia blockers

  • Training people to help kill Gaia blockers
  • Met with lucasr to brainstorm ways to improve contributor acquisition/retention/quality (he’ll give an update on that)

Scott (jwir3)

Last Week:

  • Family over for Thanksgiving (so it seems like just yesterday that we had a meeting…)

  • bug 803719 : Reflow-on-zoom should zoom in and snap into a piece of text.

This Week:

  • bug 803719 : Reflow-on-zoom should zoom in and snap into a piece of text.

  • bug 800805 : Reflow on zoom moves the position sideways on the screen incorrectly.
  • bug 806430 : Panning not working on some sites if reflow on zoom is enabled.
  • bug 808031 : Double tapping to focus on a text column does not work (B2G).

BLassey

Done

  • ate turkey

Next

  • Working on RelEng patch for x86 builds

MFinkle

Done:

  • Reviews

  • Fixed some search engine bugs (bug 815076 and bug 762046)
  • Fixed support for multiple-profiles (bug 809942)
  • Added actions to context menu for HTML video (bug 701785)
  • Blogged about Android x86 test build

Next:

  • Traveling to MV/SF next week

Ian Barlow

In progress

  • Customizing about:home – I owe Wes some feedback :)

  • Tab menu refinements in progress http://cl.ly/1U1O2p3f262K
  • Private browsing polish
  • Guest mode
  • Multi-search
  • Starting to run low on bonus bugs, need to re-up
  • Really have to start blogging again :P

UX Bonus Bugs

bug 716403 Scroll header off screen: Double bonus bug – 2 boxes of cookies to whoever fixes this! Snorp working on it!

General

  • bug 792407 Colour difference between title bar and in content UI background

  • bug 715258 Favicons are low quality for internal / local pages
  • bug 716051 Favicons are low quality for Mozilla-owned web properties

Title bar

  • bug 784362 Fix forward button bg alignment (tablets)

Menu

Tabs

Round Table

QA

Community

  • Ideas to track and attract new coding contributors to Fennec (Lucas & Margaret)

SUMO

Google Play Reviews are jumping up significantly. We are now at a visible 4.1 stars on the Google Play store. There aren’t any major issues SUMO has seen, yet. I’m still recovering from thanksgiving weekend feedback piling up. A full report is coming.

ARMv6
This Etherpad has all the information we’ve seen come in so far, no major problem devices we didn’t point out already (Samsung Admire)


Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • Dial-in: conference# 99998
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 99998

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99998
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 99998
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
  • Mobile Vidyo Room

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Planning: 2012-11-28

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Actions from Last Week

  • JP to investigate font issues in 17

  • Madhava to sync with Taras on perf impacts of australis tabs

Schedule & Progress onUpcoming Releases

Basecamp

Firefox Desktop

Current Releases

  • We’re planning a FF17.0.1 and 17.0.1esr for these changes, to be released (unthrottled) on Friday

  • Discussions around what to do with the incompatible Tab Mix Plus continue (current plan of action, informative add-on hotfix)

Beta (18)

  • 18.0b1 was released Monday

  • 18.0b2 has already gone to build, is also planned for release on Friday
  • Click-to-play should be functional and ready for rollout in the FF18 release timeframe (delayed from FF17)
  • B2G’s Gecko will be branching off of mozilla-beta in a couple of weeks
  • Stub installer testing is ongoing – unlikely to ship alongside FF18

Aurora (19)

  • 19.0a2 was enabled Monday

  • Firefox’s new PDF Viewer (pdf.js) is riding FF19
  • Search hijacking reset functionality made it into FF19

Nightly (20)

  • Per-window private browsing is being tested by QA on Birch, for landing in FF20

Firefox Mobile

Current Releases

  • ARMv6 feedback received, QA has the ball on trying to reproduce the issues reported on Google Play for resolution in FF18 or as part of a blocklist

  • Release just tipped over 4.1 in the market

Aurora (19)

  • Still targeting 600mhz new minimum system requirement for FF19

  • Theme support is riding FF19
  • Panning Jank win from bug 812594, especially for slower (aka ARMv6) devices
  • Reader mode disabled for low memory devices to save memory bug 792603

Nightly (20)

  • Per-tab private browsing UI will land this week. The initial set of patches are enough to start testing. More UI changes will be coming.

  • Low-res tiles landed bug 783368
  • IME keeps getting better and better
  • MFinkle blogged about Firefox Android x86 test build

Firefox Metro

Platform

  • XPC Shell test work continues (only one failing test left!) bug 789335

  • Services code will be moving from app to gre bug 815320
  • New mechanism for defining app-dirs in xpcshell.ini files bug 810617
  • New rev of packager maybe this week
  • Migration work from elm to m-c continues to progress

Rel-eng

  • All win64 builders now have the 8.0 SDK installed

  • Planning to switch mc to the 8.0 sdk after the next merge on ~2013-01-06 bug 774910

Front-end

  • Patches in progress to simplify touch input and send touch events to content (bug 794621 and dependencies).

  • Starting work on download manager.
  • Landing some UX tweaks and bug fixes.

Add-on SDK

Release (1.11 -> Firefox 16, 17)

Stabilization (1.12 -> Firefox 17, 18)

Development (1.13 -> Firefox 18, 19)

Feedback Summary

Desktop

Up 2% points in postive sentiment over 16 at the same point in the release cycle. We had an initial rocky start, but things seem to be leveling out.

General Issues

  • Social Fixer Addon – Causing JavaScript syntax error

  • 17.01 Font Issues – Windows users are reporting cleartype preferences are ignored bug 814101.
  • Fix under discussion TMP – SUMO article instructing users to try dev version. Complaints are going down, but more visibility would help.
  • 17.01 FCKEditor/site issues – User agent change.
  • 17.01 Cookie Exceptions not working in 17 – bug 814554
  • Fix under development Tab Utils – Broken. Author is working on an update.

Social API

Positive:

  • I Like FaceBook, chating with friends

  • Facebook masenger and I like fast speed in slow connection
  • I can now chat on facebook with an “effect” that looks like anti-boss.
  • Firefox just added the facebook capability, this make it so slow!

  • The social API is confusing for me as an end-user and I cannot remove Facebook!

Mobile

Mobile Feedback is smooth so far, ARMv6 is relatively smooth so far, still monitoring feedback though it seems to be going down.

User-Experience (Design and Research)

  • [sync/identity] – new prototype for Firefox Account setup on mobile demo here, by Nick Alexander; UI for in-browser variant and Android-specific UI in-progress (Zhenshuo)

  • [project SPF (security/privacy)] (larissa)
  • [gum/webRTC] (Boriss)
    • Working on change to tab color once access given

    • Working on visible indicators for various video/audio stream states
    • work-in-progress mockups
  • [Behavioral Segmentation Study] (Lindsay, Bill, Mary, everyone)

    • Diary study of 45 participants was completed on 11/17.

    • Analysis for the in-person and diary studies have begun in earnest this week. Cori, Mary, Lindsay, Bill, and Leo are all tackling a portion of the data.
    • An all-team work week will take place the week of 12/3 in Mountain View to tackle the synthesis of data. Stop by BRB if you want to learn more about what we are learning about our users!
    • From the other week: Results from the survey instrument of the first part of Project Meta are now available
  • [other/future]

    • Building a tool to help us create mockups with live bug status labels working etherpad (Blake)

Market insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team

Desktop / Platform

Amazon

Google

  • Google CEO Larry Page reportedly met with the US Federal Trade Commission to try to work out a negotiated settlement regarding a possible consent decree. The company has been accused of using its near-monopoly in search to unfairly support its other businesses.

Microsoft

Opera

Security

  • There is apparently a zero-day vulnerability in the latest version of Java that is being offered for sale in various criminal web forums. The seller says that “code execution is very reliable, worked on all 7 version [sic] I tested with Firefox and MSIE on Windows 7″.

W3C

  • The W3C Performance Group had a workshop and posted their current plans, which include further work on timing metrics, efficient script yielding, pre rendering, resource priorities, diagnostics interfaces, asynchronous assured communications from the browser to the server (advertising / analytics “beacons”) and display performance.

Mobile

Summary below, full update here and in your inbox.

Africa

  • Africa is source of innovation in the mobile industry due to under-developed infrastructure

  • M-Pesa, which handles approx a third of Kenya’s GDP, is the showcase of it
  • it is a service that uses a SIM-based application, showing the network operators can still play a big role in shaping the market, alongside software vendors
  • Other areas such as medical services and agriculture are benefiting from mobile
  • Innovation from Africa finds it way to the developed markets

Nokia S40 series

  • Nokia Asha series gets a Facebook hardware button

  • integrated services on smart-light devices are likely to get more user engagement than on modern operating systems
  • Nokia also integrating Slam, a Bluetooth content transfer feature, to cater to relative scarcity of bandwidth in emerging countries
  • the S40 series platform has 675 million current users

Rich Communications Suite

  • the Rich Communications Suite, under the Joyn brand, will launch nation-wide in Spain

  • available through Android apps at first and early 2013 integrated in devices

Chinese hardware vendors

  • the Indian government expected to announced whether it will open an investigation into Huawei and ZTE

  • this follows a US Congressional report into network equipment of the 2 companies

Marketing, Press & Public Reaction

Marketing

Desktop

  • Another record ADI day yesterday!

  • Following up on MozCamp Asia – A Social API taskforce was created
  • Mobile World Congress marketing planning has started
  • Focus for rest of year: 2013 planning, SERP Audit to increase mozilla.org traffic, Facebook Messenger launch throttling, MWC, Metro landing page, and Egg Nog consumption

Mobile

  • Release Information:

    • FX17 Featured ARMv6 and increase our TAM by about 13MM devices, FX18 featured Search Improvements and Phishing & Malware protection. Both release we’re well covered in the press. Also covered in owned and paid channels.

    • Good download & ADI bumps
  • Google Play Store Changes:
    • Firefox has been renamed to Firefox Browser for Android to make Firefox easier to find via search in the Google Play Store. So far we’ve seen an increase in downloads and are now in the top-5 for all browser related searches.
  • Projects: Improved design for the Aurora download page on mozilla.org for mobile, finishing and evaluating 2012 usage of paid & owned channels, 2013 consumer & B2B marketing planning & goal setting, mobile web compatibility survey, metrics reporting for gauging download funnel conversion, and l10n improvements for mozilla.org pages.

Press

Coverage resulting from Monday’s Beta release:

Questions, Comments, FYI

  • This meeting [johnath]

Actions this week

  • Tyler to dig in on facebook prompting concerns/questions

Planning Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PST, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)

Video/Teleconference Details – NEW

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)

  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
  • Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
  • Vidyo Guest URL

28-November-2012

SeaMonkey: 2012-11-27

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? -> Ratty

  • Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
    • Ratty for his diligence at taking minutes, helping GFB assignees, etc. etc. etc.

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn’t been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

  • TBD

OPEN

  • Ratty filed bug 803168 [Meta] Port Installer Changes from Firefox as at 2012/10. Hopes people will help with some of the referenced bugs.

CLOSED

  • TBD

Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree

  • Callek’s been working overtime with our buildbots and he fixed problems so that our 2.15b1 could be released on time.

  • Intermittent issue with Mac OSX64 Debug Leak log comprehension. Issue tracked in bug 811195 bug 774844 and bug 811199 (Port |bug 794510 Build with NO_NSPR_10_SUPPORT| to SeaMonkey). Also see possibly related Thunderbird bug 806492.
  • IanN filed bug 815340 (Fix some more nullptr abuse in comm-central) together with a patch.
  • All our machines are now at SCL3 or SCL1.
    • The remaining machines on Parallels are the buildmaster (cb-seamonkey-linuxmaster-01) and Linux64 (cb-seamonkey-linux64-01). These need to be migrated to ESX. Specifically:

      • sea-vm-linux64-1 will replace cb-seamonkey-linux64-01.

      • sea-master1 will replace the current buildmaster.
    • bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3. Hardware installed and iLO configured. CentOS 6.3 installed. sea-puppet is online. Callek to set the host up as a puppet master.

Release Train

  • 2.14b5 shipped November 14.

  • 2.14 shipped November 20.
  • 2.15b1 shipped November 26.

Extensions Compatibility Tracking

  • See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.

  • Addon Compatibility Listings
    • Extensions are now compatible by default thus mitigating the issue. Although some people still disable c-b-d and run into issues.

    • Nothing to highlight.
  • Our build team (Serge, Callek, ewong) needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
    • sgautherie thinks that the current DOMi branches/tags are not suitable for automatic SeaMonkey branch selection.

    • Need some traction on this. IanN spoke to Serge at MozCampEU. Serge is waiting for Callek/ewong to agree what needs to happen and to say what is workable or not.
    • In the past Serge often pushed this forward for us. But with Serge on a sabbatical, Ewong thinks he should talk to Callek in getting this automated.
    • For 2.15, compat bumps were done as lined out in bug 808426.

2.x (Last, Current, Next)

  • 2.14 had ~39,300 ADU by last Sunday and ~30,100 downloads so far.

    • Of the released versions, as of last Tuesday, we have 9.0% on 2.0, 2.8% on 2.1-2.3, 3.6% on 2.4-2.6, 5.4% on 2.7-2.9, 11.8% on 2.10-2.12, 65.1% on 2.13 and 2.3% on 2.14. So, in the last two weeks, ~2.3k (an additional 1.7% of ADU) have migrated to 2.7 or above.

    • Some people cannot upgrade due to system requirements (OS version, processor capabilities etc.). This even more applies to 2.10 which dropped support for Win2k and WinXP without SP2, and 2.14 dropping Mac OS X 10.5 support.
    • We now have a webpage for latest builds available for “Legacy Platforms” like PPC (bug 759315)
  • See Basics page for the usual reminders.

2.14

open tracking (1)
tracking requests (1)
targeted (0)
fixed (13)

  • One tracked 2.5 issue still open.

    • 2.1 through 2.7 have NOT included the ka (Kartvelian aka Georgian) locale. The last release with ka locale shipped was 2.0.14. The ka l10n maintainer has made some recent updates but;

    • Callek thinks we should remove ka, unless we can get commitment from the ka person to actually update things himself instead of dumping tarballs on us and expecting us to check it in for him. Tracked in bug 667147.
  • SeaMonkey 2.14 Release Notes

2.Next

  • InvisibleSmiley would like to ask all contributors who set bugs to FIXED to also set the Target Milestone (TM) to the current trunk version at the same time if a patch was landed. See public Bugzilla saved search “SM fixed w/o TM” for recent bugs that have TM = —.

  • Current breakages:
  • Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
    • Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don’t depend on Ratty noticing such landings.

    • bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
      • MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
    • bug 737615 Remove use of synchronous cache API from unit tests. Tracked in:
      • bug 804972 Remove synchronous calls to nsICacheSession::openCacheEntry in SeaMonkey tests.
    • bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
      • bug 795354 Migrate SeaMonkey Linux builders to CentOS 6.

      • bug 794772 Port |Bug 713802 – Build with GIO support (and drop GnomeVFS)|
      • bug 795354 Migrate SeaMonkey Linux builders to CentOS 6.
    • bug 795144 default –disable-gnomeui icon theme support
      • porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets?
    • bug 800018 Click-to-play is broken on various websites like cnn.com or latimes.com (2nd round) (affects click-to-play in SeaMonkey)
      • bug 813963 Port |Bug 800018 – Click-to-play is broken on various websites like cnn.com or latimes.com (2nd round)| to SeaMonkey

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 40 new, 20 fixed, 13 triaged.

  • Low triaging effort.

Open reviews/flags:
21 review
7 super-review
1 ui-review
8 feedback

  • See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.

    • Out of sight out of mind. The trouble with shuffling this off to another page makes these issues less discoverable. Ratty suggests featuring one or more bugs from that page at each meeting.

Good First Bugs

  • Note: The GFB list is open to all including our regular contributors.

  • Ratty is working on an updated GFB list, suggestions welcome.
  • Currently there are 30 GFBs open, 3 are being actively worked on. One is delayed, and one was abandoned.
  • List of Open mentored bugs.
    • Ratty notes that there are 24 bugs that are GFBs but without the mentor keyword. These need to be audited to see if they are really suitable as GFBs.
  • In the last two weeks since the previous meeting:
  • Mentors of stalled bugs should try to communicate with the assignees and if they can’t work on them any more to unassign/free up those bugs.

Roundtable – Personal Status Updates

Status Updates from developers – what are you working on, what’s the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).

Callek

Fixed:

Working on:

  • bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3 (:dustin and Callek).

  • bug 809404 Configuring libffi ignores CC/CXX from mozconfig and picks up the system compiler.
  • bug 812981 Put up snippets for linux64 minor and major updates to SeaMonkey 2.14.0 and Beta to SeaMonkey 2.14b5.

Other activities:

  • Did some reviews and approvals.

  • Engaged in release engineering and SeaMonkey driver discussions.

ewong

  • Fixed:

    • bug 484379 – Not detecting feed when type has leading and/or trailing whitespace

    • bug 785675 – Port |Bug 748490 – Provide common location for testing modules| to fix multiple perma-oranges.
    • bug 791238 – Clean up Output() function in nsSuiteApp.cpp on Windows (Use MultiByteToWideChar instead of NS_ConvertUTF8toUTF16)
    • bug 791266 – Add .CAF files (Core Audio Format) to the types of sound files selectable on OS X.
    • bug 813427 – ERROR TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | /tests/dom/encoding/test/test_submit_euckr.html | Test for euc-kr encoded form submission; assert_equals: expected (string) “a=%81A” but got (undefined) undefined
  • Review:

    • bug 633937 – Port bug 562048 to suite.

    • bug 739056 – Port |Bug 715099 – Convert nsProfileMigrator to JS so we can use JS modules on migration| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 768380 – sea-vm-linux64-1 need to set up for our builds.
    • bug 774991 – stop support OSX 10.5 in SeaMonkey
    • bug 801287 – Loading URL by pressing ENTER on already present URL in location bar doesn’t maintain URL encoding (Port Bug 461304)
    • bug 813844 – Port confvars.sh changes from Bug 718067 and package.manifest.in changes from Bug 808219 (Firefox Health Reporter service)

IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.

  • Fixed:
    • bug 803322 mail header won’t show

    • bug 811117 Remove GetSelectedMessages from mail window and refactor some mail window code
  • Waiting for review:
    • bug 778534 Use image instead of html:img in instant messaging

    • bug 815340 Fix some more nullptr abuse in comm-central
  • Waiting for feedback:
  • Checked in pending review:
  • Fixing review comments before checkin:
    • bug 757230 When using add button for permissions in Data Manager set a displayHost

    • bug 798147 Switch to correct pref pane if pref window already open
  • Reviewed and waiting for other patches before checkin:
  • Reviewed and waiting for feedback from mobile peer:
    • bug 689253 Add en-GB locale to Firefox for Android
  • Working on:
    • Various SM Council documents.

    • bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
    • bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
    • bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
    • bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
    • File/Folder selection in windows.
  • To Do:
    • bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.

    • Prefs-in-a-tab.
    • Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
    • Help get composer standalone builds working with –enable-tests.

InvisibleSmiley

mcsmurf

  • Fixed bug 773761 Port |bug 760625 Use the blocklist to inform click-to-play plugins|

  • Fixed bug 811693 AppsUtils.jsm uses getSelectedLocale(“browser”), should use getSelectedLocale(“global”) instead?
  • Fixed bug 812375 Remove content_xtf.xpt from package manifest.
  • Fixed bug 812448 [SeaMonkey] xpcshell: “test_browserGlue_smartBookmarks.js | test failed (with xpcshell return code: 0)”.
  • Fixed bug 813522 Remove libsoundtouch from package-manifest.in (branch only).

Mnyromyr

  • Progressing slowly on bug 127399 Allow sending emails with IDN based email addresses.

  • Fixed bug 814219 nsMovemailService doesn’t build with external linkage anymore.

Neil

Fixed:

  • bug 392848 message filter condition order incorrect within the list after editing (rule added to the end (bottom) of the rules/conditions list within the filter).

  • bug 654009 Reply to list: automatically determine From: address [SeaMonkey Part].
  • bug 810671 Remove support for low/weak/null cipher suites.
  • bug 810672 Remove dedicated OCSP responder functionality preferences.
  • bug 811904 Identify animated images again.
  • bug 814770 Select Addresses blank if opened from Compose window with To/Cc/Bcc filled in.
  • bug 814948 Reply to list: Using the thread pane’s context menu list entry opens the compose window with the quoted message, but no To address is prefilled.

Core fixes:

  • bug 553874 Some reftest runs on windows hit “rm: cannot remove directory `build/reftest/tests/modules/libpr0n/test/reftest/icon/win': Directory not empty”.

  • bug 556124 layout/reftests/bugs/508908-1.xul reftest persistent failure since ff6b54ac276d.

Ratty

Working on:

Other:

  • Bug triage and Bug discussions.

  • End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.

stefanh

Fixed bug 806236 Update info.plist (register svg files and playable media types, clean up icons).

Any other business?

  • Bug Day:

    • Useful link: [1], also see [2] for results.
  • Test failures
    • qawanted, especially on Linux and MacOSX specific issues: reproducing and reporting would already help.

    • Serge says that on Linux and MacOSX, he just needs someone to actually run the tests and report what they see (screen, console, etc). For example, there is a Mac test about Ctrl+W not working. This should be so trivial.
    • Tonymec suggests that any enthusiastic user, even non-technical, should be able to do some testing (litmus?) and not be scared by technical language and such.
    • IanN suggests reaching out to the user community using the newsgroups and forums.
    • Ratty to liaise with Serge when he gets back on doing a write up how the community can help us with this.

SeaMonkey Meeting Details

Thunderbird: 2012-11-27

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> mconley

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to abourcier@mozilla.com that she can send them a shirt!

  • Roland nominates Vincent aka el cameleon for writing articles in English, French and keeping track of hot, breaking Thunderbird issues.Merci beaucoup!

Thunderbird Development

Feature Work

Modern Address Book
  • Regression that I caught last week when importing contacts from the Mork address books is fixed. Hooray!

  • I need to refactor the way we save contacts in the database, since that’s affected by the new connector interface
  • I’ve started designing the “backend for the front-end”, so to speak. Nothing down yet, but soon.
Instant Messaging
  • This section is getting removed because IM shipped! Woo!

Schedule and Progress

Beta Version
  • Thunderbird 18.0b1 rolling out this week (start build on Wednesday, ship it on Thursday)

Extension of the week

QA Updates

  • Did TB release stuff.

  • Trying to figure out how to do new job and old job!
  • Cleaning up Bugzilla components that is watching.

Build / Release Update

  • Thunderbird 18.0b1 this week

  • bug 815302 – [tracking] Build Thunderbird ESR and Mainline from a single repo

Web Update

  • New Features page @: http://momo.last-chance.net/en-US/thunderbird/features

  • Sandstone background and layout
  • Font updated to Open Sans
  • Tabzilla added to header menu, will be site-wide.
  • Footer needs a few minor alterations, and screenshots probably need to be retaken/cropped better. I resized them quickly with CSS so some are a bit blurry. Couple of other minor tweaks.
  • Not sure what to do with the main landing page image.
    • Probably going to use the octopus.

Support and Documentation

  1. Again big thanks to all contributors (both volunteer and staff), past and preset, who helped support Thunderbird in the employee-driven phase. On to the next phase post Thunderbird 17! Can never give enough thanks!

  2. Hot Thunderbird 17 Support Issues:
  3. 915 new support topics (734 1 week ago ) – Media:19-25nov2012-tb-gs-stats.png
  4. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

  • We’re getting a few conflicts wrt times for this meeting.

    • Mark is going to be sending around mail to tb-planning about frequency and timing for the status meeting moving forward, as well as the content for the status meetings.
  • No meeting next week until further notice.
  • If you’re not on about:credits, go to about:credits, scroll all the way to the bottom for instructions on how to make that happen.

Attendees


Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Mozilla Platform: 2012-11-27

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Moztrap

Moztrap is a manual test case management system and can be found at http://moztrap.mozilla.org

  • Replacement for litmus.mozilla.org

    • Litmus was a unmaintained PHP application
  • Test cases cover specific environments and steps to be run manually

  • Test cases are grouped into test suites
  • Test runs are a snapshot in time of a specific test suite
  • Test runs are used for Quality’s test days and validation of Beta and Release builds
  • Please set the Flag in-moztrap to ? in Bugzilla if you have a specific test that is not automatable (Flag in-testsuite is set to -)

Notices/Schedule

27 bugs (17) 85 bugs (67)
Unresolved Aurora Trackers (non-security, not tracked for Beta) Unresolved Beta Trackers (non-security)
  • Firefox 18.0 beta 1 went out the door yesterday

  • Firefox 19.0a2 updates were enabled yesterday
  • Necessity for a 17.0.1 discussed in the channel meeting today
  • Firefox 18.0 beta 2 is going to build today
    • Team nags sent – please prioritize tracked FF18 bugs asap. Think of the holidays.
  • 17.0.1 potential drivers that have questions for this group:

    • bug 813763 – Menu items like Addons Manager not working in FF 17 due to Tab Mix Plus

      • We’ve marked TMP as incompatible with FF17

      • TMP removed from ‘featured’ addons for now, and also SUMO points to dev version which has fix in it
      • The currently working TMP dev version is not planned to push out until January
      • Does bug 761723 have too much code change to back out (it’s the potential regressing bug) – engineering volunteer to work on a potential code fix?
    • bug 588909 fallout:
      • No topsites broken, but many smaller sites reporting issues with DHTML menus (bug 814138,bug 780393)

      • Broken libraries: certain embeddings of FCKeditor (including some financial institutions mentioned in SUMO feedback), Moodle workaround for UA is now affecting their cross-site SSO system, MNet (namely Mahara) and either requires yet another hack (slippery slope) or a backout of UA changes
      • several smaller data entry and rich editing libraries
      • Question: How important/how much of a win is the UA change that we should continue to take these papercuts or just rip out the change (for the forseeable future, given a lack of TE options)?
    • bug 814101 – Font issue in FF17

      • can be resolved with add-on hotfix so is not a driver itself without the above two issues

Products/Projects

Firefox OS

  • QA

    • QA team started last week, began executing Functional testruns

      • Pass: 778, Fail: 158, Invalid: 175

      • This first pass is giving us tons of feedback on testcases that need fixing (outdated steps, need to move to v2)
    • Smoketest blockers, still shows 16 open
      • 11-26 smoketests issues:

      • [NEW] [CALL LOG] Outgoing calls are not appearing in call log bug 815063
      • [NEW] [BLUETOOTH] Receive images from another device is not working bug 815079
      • [NEW] [sms] Compose/share activities are unable to return to calling app once message is sent bug 815093
      • [EXISTING] [sms] No sound is played when receiving a text message with vibration and sound enabled bug 811087
      • [EXISTING] [camera] Appears a lot of vertical lines on the screen after you take a photo. bug 812208
      • [EXISTING] Videos are recorded at 90deg bug 812924
      • [EXISTING] [Apps] Unable to install packaged apps when running OOP bug 813468
      • [EXISTING] [Contact] Crash after importing around 445 contacts from Facebook bug 813446
      • [EXISTING] bug 815274 – [SMS] – Can’t open the SMS application from a newly arrived SMS message in the notification panel
    • Gaia Automation work:
      • test stability is being addressed, with a few wins, few setbacks (see Issues/Risks)

      • working on getting Wi-Fi support in, to unblock many other tests
      • added lockscreen tests
      • with a couple soon-to-be merged pulls, we’ll have 6/14 tests passing
      • Really close to having an in-tree Contributor document in GitHub (iterating over it, should be ready by next week)
      • Likewise, really close to a review process, with a core group defined
      • still having test-reliability issues (both with Marionette + Gaia itself):
      • bug 814037 – is_displayed struggling with transforms
      • bug 813583 – [B2G] Homescreen iframe not interpreted as visible
      • bug 814151 – Add a “camera-ready” or similar event to help tests ensure Camera’s ready for tests to interact with
    • A few blockers in progressing more testcases
    • Other blockers
      • busted packaged apps

      • 3rd party app work still being discussed
      • Sound testcases late

Firefox Desktop

Social API
  • Short term focus is on multi-provider support, should be landing this week.
New downloads panel
  • Uplifted to Aurora for testing. Most blockers are now fixed, but work to implement Downloads view for the library remains.
Per-window PB
  • Ship target is Firefox 20, birch builds for testing will be available soon
Snappy
Australis
  • Windows tabs nearing completion, in final review stages (bug 738491)

Firefox Mobile

Blog Shout Out
Usability & Responsiveness
  • Landed in Fx19 bug 808663 Downscale awesome-bar row Favicons from 32dip to 16dip
Performance and Memory usage
  • Fixed for Fx19 bug 812594 – PushLocalFrame in AutoLocalJNIFrame::Push taking more than 100ms when called from AndroidGeckoLayerClient::ProgressiveUpdateCallback on a Samsung Galaxy Q

  • To save memory for ARMv6 devices, bug 792603 Disable automatic reader mode parsing
  • \o/ Patch queue landed in Fx20: bug 783368 – Add a low res tile cache to TiledThebesLayer
    • T-Checkboard has improved but T-Panning regressed, we’re evaluating tradeoffs in bug 814864 Low precision tile rendering takes too much time away from high precision rendering
Stability Wins
  • Fixed for Fx19 bug 802510 – java.lang.RuntimeException: Buffer not large enough for pixels at android.graphics.Bitmap.copyPixelsFromBuffer(Bitmap.java) especially on Android 4.2

  • Fixed for Fx20 bug 775142 – java.util.UnknownFormatConversionException: Conversion: at java.util.Formatter$FormatSpecifierParser.unknownFormatConversionException(Formatter.java) mainly with Japanese and Chinese builds
Work in Progress
  • In the interest of QVGA support for ARMv6, bug 716403 Request to hide the navigation bar when scrolling down content

  • Working on getting WebRTC stood up bug 750869 – Support WebRTC for Android in our build system
  • PB UI patches are being reviewed

Metro [Weekly]

Platform

  • XPC Shell test work continues (only one failing test left!) bug 789335

  • Services code will be moving from app to gre bug 815320
  • New mechanism for defining app-dirs in xpcshell.ini files bug 810617
  • New rev of packager maybe this week
  • Migration work from elm to m-c continues to progress

Rel-eng

  • All win64 builders now have the 8.0 SDK installed

  • Planning to switch mc to the 8.0 sdk after the next merge on ~2013-01-06 bug 774910

Front-end

  • Patches in progress to simplify touch input and send touch events to content (bug 794621 and dependencies).

  • Starting work on download manager.
  • Landing some UX tweaks and bug fixes.

Stability Report [Weekly]

  • We are doing pretty good stability-wise in recent releases, crash rates are low, most crashes we talk about post-release are third-party issues and not our own code. Keep it up!

  • Overview of stability indicators: arewestableyet.com
  • Looking into how to make this report in this meeting more attractive for attendees – what are you interested in? Please tell stability@m.o or #crashkill
  • Trunk bugs looking for assignees:

    • bug 805745 – gfxASurface::Release() is the #2 signature over the last 3 days by build date

    • bug 815542 – The spike is Linux only, so not showing up high in overall volume, but it’s out #1 crash on Linux in the last 3 days

Mobile

B2G

  • We still get too few reports sent in overall, so again, please test what you can on your devices and send reports if you crash!

  • bug 811778 waiting for uplift, will only send reports over wifi.
  • We’ll need bug 814078 as a followup to make sure we submit all queued/pending reports.
  • Also, bug 811335 on the server (stackwalker) side is currently (probably) blocking us from getting better information out of the reports we receive.

Snappy [Weekly]

Content
  • Aaron Klotz has made some great progress on prompting for plug-in hangs. See his blog post and check it out in this try build.
Admin
  • Taras will be out until Jan 1. Contact Vladan Djeric for technical stuff, Dmandelin or JP for everything else.

Memshrink [4th Tuesday of Month]

  • B2G still a primary focus. It’s harder on beta to make significant changes. Cross your fingers.
  • The (hopefully) last compartment sharing work for b2g is on central and is ready to land on Aurora once the tree reopens. After that we can land it all and turn it on on beta.
  • Lots of work improving coverage of memory reporters, mostly to help B2G.
  • We briefly hit zero known leaks in add-ons! A year ago this was our single biggest memory consumption problem, and now it’s a minor annoyance. Great stuff.

Key Issues

Actions Last Week

  • Mossop to follow up to mailing list about super-review status, update doc and post link

  • jduell to update style guide for anon name spaces and mail to list

Issues

  • Namespace style guidelines (khuey)

  • Future Issues – early discussion on dev-platform, monitoring for discussion if not resolved
    • UA String Touch or Tablet

    • Win64 builds
    • Not shipping prefixed APIs on the release channel (henri)

Actions

Roundtable


Platform Meeting Details

  • Tuesday 2012-11-2711:00 am Pacific

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
  • join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel

27-November-2012

Mozilla Project: 2012-11-26

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

All-hands Status Meeting Agenda

Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.

Friends of the Tree

Peter Bengtsson for WebDev thaumaturgy that enables secure live streams on Air Mozilla.

Upcoming Events

Monday, 26 November

Mozilla Privacy Friends Meeting, 1pm PST, Golden Gate Bridge, Get to da Choppa, dial in to “Privacy” Vidyo room.

Tuesday, 27 November

6pm – 8pm PST, Moz SF: Open Data meetup featuring Scott Robertson of triv.io, one of WebFWD’s stellar teams :)
http://www.meetup.com/Open-Data-Bay-Area/events/90418522/

Wednesday, 28 November

  • 12:00 PST: Brownbag: Online Identity: What Users Care About by Mary Trombley, Lindsay Kenzig, and Dan Mills, 10 Forward + air.mozilla

Thursday, 29 November

Community Building Workshop: Measuring & evaluating contributions

  • Time: Thursday, November 29 at 12 noon PST (2000 UTC)

  • Room: 10 Forward in Mountain View
  • Video: https://air.mozilla.org/

Friday, 30 November

  • 12:00 PST: Python Study Group (contact eparker or #pyhton for details)

Product Status Updates (voice updates)

Firefox Desktop & Mobile

Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)

  • We shipped things last week!

  • SocialAPI
  • ESR17
  • ARMv6
  • Click to Play
  • h.264 on Android

Webmaker

No voice update this week

Firefox OS

Speaker Location: Dietrich

  • Status of features, blockers, and more: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/counts.html

  • Feature work is almost at zero, most devs focusing on bug-fixing and performance improvements.
  • Gaia team is in Madrid for the week, working with our partners there to lay waste to the blocker count.
  • Dogfooders are doing a fantastic job. Check out Michelle Luna’s weekly updates (like this one) on the dev-gaia list.

Grow Mozilla

Speaker Location: San Francisco

The Metrics team has just made two patch contribution dashboards available. Having this information will be very helpful for building community around our coding projects.

Speakers

Title Presenter Topic Media More Details
Air Mozilla Update Richard MozCamp Singapore & Secure Live Streams Air Mozilla
Research about new contributor experience (survey) Kevin Carillo Running a survey involving 12 large projects (300+ respondents). Looking for support to promote the survey within Mozilla. Survey Link my blog
Dino MozCamp Asia Design Challenges https://blog.mozilla.org/community/2012/11/26/mozcamp-asia-still-celebrating/
Dia Capture Mozilla update https://etherpad.mozilla.org/vikiquestions

Introducing New Hires

New Hire Introduced by Speaker location New Hire location Will be working on
Bob Silverberg Stephen Donner Mountain View Toronto (working from home, chiefly) Web QA automation
Adam Roach Bill Walker for Todd Simpson Mountain View Dallas, TX (working from home, chiefly) WebRTC
Jaime Chen Cori Schauer Mountain View SFO User Experience for FirefoxOS

<meta>

Notes and non-voice status updates that aren’t part of the live meeting go here.

Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)

QA

WebQA

Automation & Tools

  • We’ve now switched from marking intermittent failure bugs with whiteboard ‘[orange]’ to a new keyword ‘intermittent-failure’ (bug 790571). The alias:randomorange bug has also been depreciated. Please file new bugs with the keyword to ensure TBPL, OrangeFactor & other tools see them.

  • Modified xpcshell harness so it doesn’t depend on having an objdir available – necessary for running on mobile in TBPL, bug 797153
  • Mozpool (panda management for b2g) backend and API deployed
  • More status here

Foundation Updates


  • Dial-in: conference# 8600

    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600

22-November-2012

Mobile: 2012-11-21

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Schedule

  • Fx 17 was released on Mon, Nov 19th \o/

    • Included some Android 4.2 fixes
  • Trunk is now Fx 20
  • Next merge is Week of 2013-01-06
    • Given the new year holidays, an exact date is not given

Major Topics for This Week

Fx 17 Released
Good press coverage on the release. Lots of focus on the ARMv6 support. Napkin math shows ~42% of our ADIs on Fx 17. No longer see negative Android 4.2 Play Store comments.

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?

  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

James W. (snorp)

  • This week / Last week

    • Bug 716403 – Request to hide the navigation bar when scrolling down content

    • Updater bugs (808595, 813675)

Kats

  • Nov 14-20:

    • work week in vancouver

    • bug 808875 – start landing patches as they get r+’d
    • bug 811763 – fix the crash reporter on 4.2
    • bug 792603 – on low-mem devices, disable reader mode (pending review)
    • bug 813616 – fix race condition with reflow-on-zoom pref check, also bug 813640 (minor refactoring)
    • bug 813311 – make Axis.java non-public again
  • Next:
    • bug 813204 – investigate problems on economist.com on low-mem devices

    • go through list of font-inflation bugs to see how many are actually because of constrained height problems
    • bug 792134 – get back to building armv6 with thumb

GBrown

  • Last week:

    • bug 764901 Intermittent Robocop testPasswordEncrypt | Storing a password while MP was set should fail

    • bug 812191 remote xpcshell tests: do not push wrapper if –noSetup
    • bug 812791 Syntax error in reftest ctm-singular-sanity.html
    • bug 813724 Determine if it is possible to run Android tests in emulator-x86 – on-going
    • bug 810471 Crash on startup during various tests – on-going
    • bug 768491 xpcshell on android hangs or crashes on exit, on tegra – on-going
  • Next:
    • bug 742804 Dialog dictates user to attempt to save downloads elsewhere

    • bug 813858 Intermittent robocop shutdown failure with no summary…
    • bug 796168 Intermittent testWebContentContextMenu | PaintExpecter – blockUtilClear timeout (x3)

Chris Lord (cwiiis)

  • Done

    • GFX/Layout work-week – Very useful, especially to speak to BenWa, roc and mattwoodrow in person

    • Mentoree finished bug 810278, checked in – a new contributor!
  • Now/next

    • Mentoring to help snorp with bug 716403 (Request to hide the navigation bar when scrolling down content)

    • bug 783368 – Low-res tile cache for tiled layers (mostly r+, green try, will push soon)
      • This bug fixes several other progressive-tile related regressions, such as bug 810278
    • Possible fallout from bug 783368
    • bug 798539 – Jerkiness at the end of panning
    • bug 788522 – Enable asynchronous opacity and transform animations
  • Low priority/blocked

    • Blog about invalidation work

    • Blog about low-res tiles work
    • bug 785069 – tcheckerboard2 has regressed substantially since Jul 22nd
    • bug 792415 – Covered areas of fixed position elements are not rendered
    • bug 783914 – WEBGL_depth_texture doesn’t work using ANGLE (low priority)
    • bug 800475 – Fade in new content tiles

Chris Peterson

  • Done

    • bug 809686 – Enable capitalization and word suggestions for Contacts’ names, location, and notes

    • bug 809695 – Enable capitalization and word suggestions for Task names
    • bug 785663 – [keyboard]When IME appears, focused input element should not be hidden by keyboard
  • Next

    • bug 799029 – [keyboard] Cursor cannot be positioned by the user

    • bug 766066 – mozKeyboard.onfocuschange shouldn’t be raised when you are scrolling

JChen

  • Past week

    • Relanded bug 808287 – Intermittent test_bug386782.html | Editing failed.

    • Landed bug 813602 – Unable to open menu while gecko is busy; possibly results in ANR
    • Investigated
      • bug 775142 – java.util.UnknownFormatConversionException

      • bug 802975 – address bar changes to english (url) keyboard after first letter
      • bug 810249 – Some VKB are not triggered in landscape mode
  • Next week

    • Turkey day

    • bug 811755 – Holding backspace in a designMode editor repositions cursor
    • bug 806106 – Field not accepting input
    • Low priority/Blocked

    • bug 810821 – Tapping on url bar with Samsung Galaxy Note’s II stylus doesn’t have url text selected

GCP

  • Last week:

  • Next week:
    • LINKING WebRTC

    • Fixing all the breakage caused on other platforms.

Brian N

  • Done

    • Bug 812347 – Improve robustness of favicon_urls.db handling in 12->13 upgrade

    • Bug 808510 – Favicons disappear shortly after awesomebar opens
    • Bug 812090 – Match imported favicons to multiple pages
    • Bug 812805 – Awesomescreen: Favicon shown in Top Sites but not in Bookmarks for same url
    • Bug 812559 – java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.fennec.db.BrowserProvider.updateFavicon(BrowserProvider.java)
    • Bug 813610 – android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: table history has 10 columns but 9 values were supplied
    • Bug 789867 – On startup when loading page from last session, stop button does not respond to touch
    • Bug 775142 – java.util.UnknownFormatConversionException: Conversion: at java.util.Formatter$FormatSpecifierParser.unknownFormatConversionException(Formatter.java)
  • Next
    • Fx19+ blockers

Sriram

  • Done:

    • Private browsing – URL bar and awesomescreen.

      • Tabs tray and new menu are on the way.
    • Persona based bugs:
      • old persona shown while restarting.
    • XXHDPI icon.
  • Next:
    • Complete private browsing.

WesJ

  • bug 808663 – Downscale awesome-bar row Favicons from 32dip to 16dip

  • bug 813677 – about:home telemetry shouldn’t be measured if we don’t show about:home
  • Top sites customization

This week:

  • Finish up top sites customization

  • poking at bug 419588 – Add support for multiple ICO and ICNS sizes

LucasR

Last week

  • bug 786454 – Protect isReadingListItem against null cursors

  • bug 802549 – Avoid showing dropdown while fading toolbar out
  • bug 709433 – animate awesome bar transition from tab bar to keyboard input

Next week

Margaret

Done:

  • Finished last crash reporter UI blockers – bug 801938, bug 813128

  • Helping new Gaia contractors get ramped up
  • Investigating a bunch of random B2G blockers

Next:

  • Continue helping with B2G blockers

Scott (jwir3)

Last Week:

  • bug 809565 : mLastPinchPoint undefined in some webapp situations

  • bug 797705 : Return early from Java if Gecko hasn’t started to prevent NPEs.

This Week:

  • bug 803719 : Reflow-on-zoom should zoom in and snap into a piece of text

  • bug 804640 : Max line box width API is broken for RTL text
  • bug 800805 : Reflow on zoom moves the position sideways on the screen incorrectly
  • bug 806430 : Panning not working on some sites if reflow on zoom is enabled.

BLassey

Done

  • bug 811886 ship licensed fonts for release builds, still need to test with rel eng, not landed

  • bug 812594 PushLocalFrame in AutoLocalJNIFrame::Push taking more than 100ms when called from AndroidGeckoLayerClient::ProgressiveUpdateCallback on a Samsung Galaxy Q

Next

  • eat turkey

  • MV/SF next week

MFinkle

Done

  • Reviews

  • Worked on a patch for fixing multiple profile support (bug 809942)
  • Started looking at HTML video context menu (bug 701785)

Next

  • Review PB UI patches

  • Land some code

Ian Barlow

In progress

  • Working with snorp on hiding the header \o/

  • Tweaking the tab menu a bit
    • Rough sketches for tablet tab menu – http://cl.ly/image/3a1X0W2w0e0O

      • sidebar in landscape mode, tabs on top in portrait
    • Option to keep tab open / automatically close http://cl.ly/image/2O0T2x2B3l17
    • Doing this now, as some of these changes could affect how we display private tabs
    • More refined mockups coming soon
  • Experimenting with a more Holo-inspired UI theme
    • Not posting sketches here, but ask me if you’d like to take a peek :)

UX Bonus Bugs

bug 716403 Scroll header off screen: Double bonus bug – 2 boxes of cookies to whoever fixes this! Snorp working on it!

General

  • bug 792407 Colour difference between title bar and in content UI background

  • bug 810278 Background does not match location bar (Done – thanks Morrison, we owe you a box of cookies!)
  • bug 715258 Favicons are low quality for internal / local pages
  • bug 716051 Favicons are low quality for Mozilla-owned web properties

Title bar

  • bug 784362 Fix forward button bg alignment (tablets)

Menu

Tabs

  • bug 792410 Update tab thumbnails

  • bug 792414 Add bottom shadow to tabs tray
  • bug 792429 Open tab menu wider (Done – thanks Lucas, we owe you a box of cookies)
  • bug 718465 After opening a new tab, old tab is briefly seen (Done – thanks Brian, we owe you a box of cookies)

Reader

  • bug 792420 Toolbar menu shouldn’t allow its text to be selected (Done – thanks Scott, we owe you a box of cookies)

Security/MGoodwin

Last:

  • Learning my way around apps

  • Some PB testing

Next:

  • No mobile plans (yet)

Round Table

QA

  • (tchung) – Is Sync 2.0 slated for Firefox 21 (aligning with desktop)?

SUMO

Firefox Ratings on Google Play:

5 star -> 82,175

4 star -> 25,701

3 star -> 15,238

2 star -> 9,602

1 star -> 15,435

Overall rating: 4.01

ARMv6

You can view the feedback we’ve received on ARMv6 at This Etherpad. The most troublesome phone is the Samsung Admire, we’ve gotten two 1-star reviews on Google Play for that device (only device mentioned twice).

17 Release

Release has been fairly smooth so far. We’ve fixed the Android 4.2 crash, and we also seem to have improved the keyboard experience. SUMO will be tracking any major issues through the rest of today. Expect a report this afternoon. Tyler will be off and traveling until Monday (so next week he won’t have a Christmas Tree).


Details

  • Wednesdays – 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC

  • Dial-in: conference# 99998
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 99998

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99998
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 99998
  • irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
  • Mobile Vidyo Room

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Planning: 2012-11-21

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Schedule & Progress onUpcoming Releases

Firefox Desktop

Current Releases

  • 17.0 shipped yesterday, RelEng will throttle updates tomorrow (Thurs) around mid-day

  • 17.0ESR and 10.0.11ESR shipped yesterday
  • Currently investigating stability issues:
    • bug 812307 – crash in DataMngrHlpFF17.dll @ nsObserverEnumerator::Release

    • bug 770238 – Fatal jemalloc assertion in js::gc::Arena::finalize
    • bug 812319 – crash in js::ShapeTable::search (correlated to Yandex Bar)

Beta (18)

  • 18.0b1 builds underway, shipping on Monday 11/26

Aurora (19)

  • updates throttled, unthrottling on Monday 11/26

Firefox Mobile

Current Releases

  • Shipped Fx 17 on Monday

    • Included some Android 4.2 fixes

Aurora (19)

  • Don’t upscale 16px favicons in the awesomescreen

  • Refactor how we store favicons to use less space
  • Expiring history and thumbnails to use less space and speed up queries

Nightly (20)

  • Using correct logos for XHDPI ans XXHDPI devices

  • Landing soon
    • Private browsing UI (also enables private browsing)

    • Top sites customization on Start page
    • Hide the Toolbar when scrolling content

Add-on SDK

Release (1.11 -> Firefox 16, 17)

Stabilization (1.12 -> Firefox 17, 18)

Development (1.13 -> Firefox 18, 19)

Feedback Summary

Desktop

Sentiment for Firefox 17 is down roughly 6% as compared to the first days of the Firefox 16 launch. This can probably be explained by the following issues:
General Issues

  • Menu items are not working in FF 17 – Seems to be related to a few specific addons, Tab Mix + and better privacy. Ticket on file [1] Complaints about Tab Mix + being marked incompatible are already coming in [2]

  • Font issues – Some users report disabling hardware acceleration works. Some still have the issue. [3][4][5]. Initial hardware/driver research leads us to believe that is not the culprit. Two volunteers so far to work 1 on 1.

Social API

Positive

  • Love the new facebook integration, would be nice to have G+ chat somewhere too :D

  • Awsome with new Facebook Integration…..

Negative

  • Slowness – The Facebook sidebar is really slowing down everything. I removed it because the background check for updates made by browsing a terrible experience. Also, clicking on FB notifications works incredibly slow, it takes more than 10 secs to open.

  • Disable FB – Lots of complaints from users that don’t want Facebook integration. Assuming they just don’t know how to turn it off.

Mobile

Mobile is going smooth, read mobile Notes for the details.

User Experience (Design & Research)

  • [project SPF (security/privacy)] Workshop on privacy/security in Asia at MozCamp (Larissa)

  • [gum/webRTC] (Boriss)** Working on mockups for remaining bugs (multi-device cases, notifications across operating systems & mobile)
  • [android] (ibarlow)

    • Working with snorp on hiding the header \o/

    • Tweaking the tab menu a bit
      • Rough sketches for tablet tab menu – http://cl.ly/image/3a1X0W2w0e0O

        • sidebar in landscape mode, tabs on top in portrait
      • Option to keep tab open / automatically close http://cl.ly/image/2O0T2x2B3l17
      • Doing this now, as some of these changes could affect how we display private tabs
      • More refined mockups coming soon
    • Experimenting with a more Holo-inspired UI theme
      • Not posting sketches here, but ask Ian if you’d like to take a peek :)
  • [Behavioral Segmentation Study] (Lindsay, Bill, Leo)

    • Both the fielding and diary study are complete!

    • Cori, Bill, Lindsay, Leo, and Mary will be deep in analysis this week as individual teams to prepare for a meeting of the minds the first week of December.
    • We will be developing initial groupings of users from both the diary and in-home interviews to prepare for the upcoming quantitative research led by Leo.
    • We learned a LOT in the field and are glad others were able to join us! Thanks to Asa, Boriss, Michael Verdi, Karen, JP, Zhenshuo, Blake, and Ian. Say hi and ask them about it.
  • [other/future]

    • finishing up a shareable-quality draft of our Firefox Design Values – more on this soon (Madhava)

Market insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team

Desktop / Platform

Adobe

Google

Microsoft

Opera

RIM

Standards

Video

Other

Mobile

Summary below, full update here

  • Jolla

    • announced partnership with DNA, Finnish operator

    • Sailfish OS based on MeeGo and the Mer Project, also used by Tizen
    • application development environment is based on Qt, QML and HTML5
    • will run Android apps, with support from Open Mobile
    • slick, clear, minimalist design
    • development across all range of screen sizes, from TVs to cars
  • China

    • 90% of smartphones sold in Q3 on Android

    • taking over a large Symbian penetration rate in the country
    • 388 million out of the 538 million connected people are mobile
    • 38% of Internet users are mobile-only, living predominantly in rural areas
  • Smartphone install base as of end of Q3:

    • Android at 48% (559 million devices),

    • iOS at 19% (217 million)
    • Symbian 18% (213 million)
    • Blackberry 9% (109 million)
    • bada at 2% (24 million)
    • total install base: 1.16 billion

Marketing, Press & Public Reaction

Marketing

  • See press coverage from the release yesterday, below

Press

Mark is on PTO today; for urgent matters, contact communications@mozilla.com. Otherwise he’ll be back next week.

Positive coverage resulting from Monday’s Firefox for Android release:

Additional coverage from yesterday’s Firefox release (with Social API):

Actions this week

  • JP to investigate font issues in 17

  • Madhava to sync with Taras on perf impacts of australis tabs

Planning Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays – 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC

  • Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
  • Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
  • irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)

Video/Teleconference Details – NEW

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)

  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
  • Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
  • Vidyo Guest URL

21-November-2012

Thunderbird: 2012-11-20

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Agenda

  • Who’s taking minutes? –> jhopkins

  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
  • Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!

Friends of the Tree

Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to abourcier@mozilla.com that she can send them a shirt!

Thunderbird Development

Feature Work

Modern Address Book
  • It’s been a slow couple of weeks due to other project deadlines (because today is release day!)

  • I’ve almost finished porting over the TB Mork Connector tests to the new interfaces. I think I’ve found a regression while I’m at it, so there’s that to fix as well.
  • We’re going to have to come up with a new solution for whitelisting HTML mail from particular addresses – we don’t want to store that in the address book anymore.

Schedule and Progress

  • Next merge date: 11 19

  • For information about channels, point people here – http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
  • merge scripts are now automated
  • branding changes needed to allow mainstream and ESR branding to exist side-by-side in the same source repository

Extension of the week

Marketing Updates

  • .me promo

Build / Release Update

  • closed bug 798361 – Make release automation work with mock slaves

    • 18.0b1 and 17.0.1esr will be built using mock
  • 17.0 + 17.0esr, 10.0.11esr released
  • should not be getting ‘random red’ on Windows anymore

Web Update

  • fixed several bugs with account provisioner last week related to bug 812101

  • pushed out l10n for TB17 & ESR What’s New Pages
  • Features page updates upcoming today asap
  • planet.mozillamessaging.com is now at planet.mozilla.org/thunderbird
    • both in sync for now, and will have a redirect in place soon

Support and Documentation

  1. Thanks to all who helped support Thunderbird in the employee-driven phase. On to the next phase post Thunderbird 17!

  2. Thunderbird 17 Support Day tomorrow November 21, 2012 – Starting NOW, please fill in the Thunderbird 17 Support Day Etherpad with Thunderbird 17 support issues
  3. 734 new support topics (687 1 week ago ) – Media:12-18November2012-TB-GS-Stats.png
  4. See this week’s Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details

Lightning Updates

  •  :fallen has access to staging build environment to work through various build issues.

  • Lightning is now being built along with Thunderbird to avoid the need for separate Lightning build infrastructure.
    • still working on getting releases running.

Status Updates

See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.

Roundtable Highlights

  • [jhopkins] beta release timing

    • we will do our first beta on the second week, so no beta this week but beta next week instead.

Attendees

ludovic, rkent, dlech, mbanner, roland, wsmwk, jhopkins, irving, mconley, bwinton, jb, ambourcier, sancus, andreasn


Thunderbird Meeting Details :

Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking

Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.

Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page

Mozilla Platform: 2012-11-20

Filed under: Posts — Tags: — Jesper Kristensen @ 12:00 am

Notices/Schedule

17 bugs 67 bugs
Unresolved Aurora Trackers (non-security, not tracked for Beta) Unresolved Beta Trackers (non-security)
  • 17.0 release is live (about to have update sign off & press push)

  • 17.0esr is live
  • 10.0.11esr push request sent, will be live within the hour
  • 18.0b1 going to build today, shipping on Monday 11/26
  • Aurora updates throttled, unthrottling on Monday 11/26

Products/Projects

Firefox OS

QA

  • Accomplishments:

    • Imported TEF testsuites into moztrap (calculator, ftu, utility tray)

    • Testcase count at 2137, about 65% completed to goal
    • Added more smoketests to the list, putting the count up to 40
    • Moztrap mapping of usecases is mostly complete
    • Pushed a fota update to stable dogfood users for the first time
    • Cleaned up the qawanted bugs in gaia this week
    • Payments (mozPay + trusted UI) has all MozTrap test cases finalized and signed off
    • Identity (DOM id) has some MozTrap test case work going on
    • Some mozPay + trusted UI testing has been executed – bugs filed and fixed
    • Started initial discussions to scope implementation and testing work for preloaded apps
    • Moztrap 1.2.5 has been pushed to production
    • Gaia UI automation work continues, with much improvement in framework
    • QA and A-Team continue to work through Gaia automation reliability + app-launching/switching issues
    • API Permissions Test Plan started
    • Permissions tests for this plan are being submitted in Bugzilla
  • Decisions:

    • Releng is doing a trial run of unagi builds via tinderbox. awaiting testing

    • Chatting with QAnalyst to ramp up more contract testers for b2g
    • Identity blocker list clarified and finalized
  • Issues/Risks:

    • 181 open blocking-basecamp+ Gaia bugs (Boot2Gecko product, all Gaia components)

    • 53 open blocking-basecamp? Gaia bugs
    • 121 open blocking-basecamp+ Core bugs (Core:All + Boot2Gecko:General)
    • 21 open blocking-basecamp? Core bugs
      • Note that these queries have changed to include all Core b-b bugs, so numbers may have jumped from last week
    • Still high reports of regressed nightly and stable builds
    • Card view is regressing a lot
    • Smoketests still not at 100% pass. lots of partial failures requiring reboots and crashes to get tests completed.
    • Performance issues around app switching, and app startup time
    • Packaged apps is broken on trunk
    • Though work on Gaia automation reliability improvements is underway (see under Accomplishments), it still slows current development

Firefox Desktop

  • Social: 17 is out the door! Next focus: multi-provider support, some polish on trunk

  • AppCoast is killing it on per-window private browsing bugs – refactoring many tests
  • Snappy bugs in action: Paolo has a plan to improve downloads incrementally and get rid of a lot of jank, and Neil is working on form history refactoring
  • Downloads panel: bug fixes from mconley just keep on coming, we’re going to leave it on Aurora to get additional testing
  • Firefox Desktop weekly meeting: Firefox/Meeting

Firefox Mobile

\o/ We went GA with ARMv6 support in Fx17 (800MHz/512MB RAM)
  • Same blocklist setup as we use for Fx17 Beta.

  • ARMv6 min req’s is: 512MB RAM and 800MHz CPU
  • Goal to Reduce minimum system requirements: Fx18 min CPU drops to 600MHz; Fx19 min RAM drops to 384MB; Fx20 QVGA support
Video Playback
  • Fx17 has support for system codes (i.e. h.264) for ICS and JB with a whitelist/blacklist

  • Fx18 has the same basic support
  • Patches in the works for (demonstrated at Layout/Graphics/Media work week) for HC and GB
    • unexpected bonus: it works on ARMv6
Performance and Responsiveness Improvements
  • Project 256MB bug 792131

  • Landed in Fx19 bug 812594 – PushLocalFrame in AutoLocalJNIFrame::Push taking more than 100ms when called from AndroidGeckoLayerClient::ProgressiveUpdateCallback on a Samsung Galaxy Q
Recent Landings in Fx19
Stability Wins
  • bug 810248 – java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: at org.mozilla.gecko.GeckoEditable.length(GeckoEditable.java)

  • bug 811144 – java.lang.NullPointerException at org.mozilla.gecko.db.BrowserDB.expireHistory(BrowserDB.java:145)

Stability Report [Weekly]

Desktop

  • No big issues making it across the channels this week

  • Nightly crash rate still somewhat high, but all top issues are fixed
Beta 17

Those are not out of control but cause for some concern, but they’re 3rd-party issues we might not be able to solve on our side.

Aurora 18
  • bug 812985 crash in _cairo_d2d_create_brush_for_pattern

    • Core|Graphics regression that also affects trunk
Release 16
  • 16.0.2 looks pretty good – the explosive report today doesn’t raise any alarms.
Trunk 19
  • bug 813619 – spike in 64 bit builds

  • bug 813489 – new Networking regression
  • bug 813666 – crash in xul.dll@0x1726b80 | NoteGCThingJSChildren
  • bug 812203 – spiked on the 15th, but is now fixed
  • bug 813024 – Mac crash which is referenced as top crash by Scoobidiver, but has a lot of dupes – likely the same person crashing
  • bug 812636 – Web RTC crash which might be a dupe
  • The not yet tracked topcrashers are mostly Win64, which isn’t tier-1 and we don’t have on Aurora anyhow.

Socorro

  • In preparation of bsmedberg’s hang reporting rework (the product side is in 18 and coming to beta this week), Socorro is now not recording the browser sides of hang reports since Thursday. Therefore they are fading out of the topcrash reports and we need to adjust the criteria for setting the topcrash keyword.

Flash

  • Flash 11.5 crashes

    • bug 810797 and bug 807714 continue to rise as they’re new regressions with 11.5 and this release is being picked up more and more.
  • bug 813205 crash in F21225463

Mobile

  • Crash rates for beta are up in 17.0b7 compared to other betas before, not because of new crashes but because crash reporting on Android 4.2 works again. Level in the same ballpark now as 16 had on beta.

    • Note: some of the crashing seems to be related to flash crashing on 4.2
  • We have some JB-only crashes, now happening mostly with 4.2 and Nexus 7, that we’ll need to push for in the 18 beta timeframe.
  • bug 775142 is the topcrash on 18 and 19, apparently we are confusing localizers and crashing with their strings.
    • Steps to reproduce are listed in the bugs.

B2G

  • We need more testing of the crash reporting flow.

  • Biggest blocker atm is bug 811341 – we need to send reports when we’re already online! (just landed on all channels)
  • We need testing around bug 811778 to make sure we follow the spec correctly.
    • We don’t have crashmenow for B2G so it makes it a bit more difficult

      • There is a way to kill in ADB – that should generate a crash.

Snappy [Weekly]

  • Tab Strip

    • Results from the gfx/layout work week: tab switching improved by over 2x for both Facebook and GMail. (See changes in content below and Taras’ writeup in his blog post.)
  • Content

    • Jeff Muizelaar sped up checkbox draw time by simplifiying border radius drawing (bug 809603).

    • Matt Woodrow sped up GMail by tweaking how we use layers (bug 811927, bug 811570, bug 811831).
    • Bill McCloskey fixed transplant GCs, which are about 75% of the worst GC pauses (bug 803376).
    • Bill also shaved a few ms per GC slice (bug 807535).
    • Olli Petay confirmed that we have reduced the median number of JS objects in the CC graph using Telemetry (bug 801719).

CritSmash [3rd Tuesday of Month]

This week we’ll give the background of CritSmash.
CritSmash is an engineering led collaborative activity involving engineering, security, and release teams with a focus on protecting users of our main products. It is an odd activity at Mozilla since it is one of the few places where our users are best served by us being carefully secretive (and leaving our unsung heroes unsung). We’re working out final details on what data we feel is good to share during our Tuesday all-dev meeting.

The weekly CritSmash meeting really has two main functions:

  • ensure critical security bugs are dealt with in a timely fashion.

  • ensure fixes get into appropriate releases/branches.

We also have a weekly pre-CritSmash meeting where we rate security bugs (exploit analysis). If you have questions about either meeting please contact me (davidb) or your manager.

Key Issues

Actions Last Week

  • jp to see about moztrap presentation in future weeks

  • JP to follow up on FF19 Gfx top crashes
  • Mossop to follow up to mailing list about super-review status, update doc and post link

Issues

  • Anonymous namespaces (jduell)

    • roc: “in Visual Studio 2010 (not sure about 2012), you can’t set a breakpoint on an anonymous-namespace symbol *at all*”

    • Proposed language for C++ Style Guide:
      • “Anonymous namespaces: We generally prefer using ‘static’ instead of anonymous namespaces. This may change once there is better debugger support (on Windows especially) for placing breakpoints, etc on code in anonymous namespaces. You may still use anonymous namespaces for things that can’t be hidden with ‘static’ (such as types, or certain objects that need to be passed to template functions).”
  • Future Issues – early discussion on dev-platform, monitoring for discussion if not resolved
    • Namespace style guidelines (khuey)

    • UA String Touch or Tablet
    • Not shipping prefixed APIs on the release channel

Actions

  • jduell to update style guide for anon name spaces and mail to list

Roundtable


Platform Meeting Details

  • Tuesday 2012-11-2011:00 am Pacific

  • Dial-in: conference# 95312
    • US/International: +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 95312

    • US toll free: +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312
    • Canada: +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312
  • Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
  • join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress