We had a good test day on Tuesday. Thanks to everyone that dropped by and helped with the testing. We managed to narrow down the “remote calendar problems” to two basic issues:
- ICS/WebDav: It seems that most of these problems stemmed from incompatible Limit/LimitExcept statements and a change to our code base that causes writes to fail if authentication is required for PUTs but not GETs. This is best summed up in bug 387559
- ICS/WebDav and CalDav: There are also proxy issues affecting both clients for these server types. The proxy configuration seems to have been recently broken, with various reports stating that it worked in 0.3.1 and that it did not work in 0.3.1. We need further clarification on this issue. This issue is summed up in bug 373439
We were able to track down the first issue to a specific check-in, and that is now being investigated. However, we need to do the same with the proxy issue. If you have a proxy configuration please try out various Lightning nightly builds and see if you can determine the build where the proxy configuration stopped working.
Things We Could Use Help With
- Determine the date the proxy configuration stopped working as mentioned above.
- Look at the list of these new remote calendar bugs, and see if we can duplicate some against others (leave us comments in the bug about your ideas).
- Give us suggestions on how we can improve calendar QA
Thanks very much to everyone that turned out for the test day. And congratulations to Alan Schwartz who won the prize for most creative test.