Candidate builds for Lightning 1.0 beta1 in 37 languages are available as of now for:
A corresponding build of the Google Calendar Provider is also available at those locations.
To install these builds in Thunderbird 3, please follow these steps:
- Download the build for your operating system to a folder on your hard disk
UPDATE: Please make sure, that you right-click on the links above and choose “Save Link as…”. Otherwise Firefox will try to install Lightning and you will get an error message like “Lightning 1.0b1 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox.”
- Open Thunderbird, then open its add-on manager via Tools –> Add-ons (or the corresponding entry in your language)
- Click on the “Install…” button on the lower left and navigate for the lightning.xpi file that you just downloaded.
- Restart Thunderbird after the add-on installation has been performed. Voila!
What is missing right now are two things:
- Linux builds for the x86-64 platform. We need someone from the community to provide those to us. Please contact our lead developer Philipp Kewisch (contact details are available here) if you can help out.
- Sunbird builds. We still have problems with those but hope tho have those fixed before Christmas. Watch this space for more information.
Please tell us what you think of these candidate builds and file bugs in Bugzilla as you go.