Hello Folks, I have a favor to ask.
Update 3: Lightning 1.7b2 contained an error related to printing that has been fixed in 1.7b3, which I have uploaded on 2012-07-29. Please update before testing!
I took the chance to revamp the internals of the print layouts to make it easier to extend them. This opens up more possibilities to extend print support in an extension. The problem is now that we needed to land this directly on the beta channel so that print support is not broken in the 1.7 release.
I have just uploaded a new beta containing the patch, so please take a moment to test it with the Thunderbird 15 beta. These areas need testing:
- All print layouts: List View, Monthly Grid, Weekly Planner
- All combinations of options, i.e tasks and events, only tasks, only events
- Make sure the (time) labels on the events in the print preview is correct
- Different kinds of tasks (with start date, with end date, with both)
- All importers and exporters (ICS export, HTML export, …)
For testing you will need Thunderbird 15 beta and Lightning 1.7b2. For Lightning, you will get automatic updates if you are currently using Lightning 1.7b1 or 1.7b2 If you haven’t downloaded a Lightning beta yet, be sure to open the Developer Channel box at the bottom of the page.
Update: You will also need a new copy of the Provider for Google Calendar, if you are using it. Get it here.
Update 2: Lighting 1.7b2 contains an error related to printing that will not show the print view.