In today’s nightly build for Sunbird and Lightning, the fix for the “Publishing Events Bug” has landed. This bug has plagued people in 0.5, and we wanted to address it in 0.7. However, fixing it was complicated by how many different ways the bug can manifest itself.
We’d like to ask everyone that’s seen this issue to retest their configurations with the latest nightly. This way we can determine if the patch fixed all the issues.
More information is of course available in bugzilla. These are the main bugs we are following that track different manifestations of the problem.
- Bug 387559: Main Tracking bug, event creation fails if server requires authentication for PUT but not GET
- Bug 391383: HTTP authentication doesn’t work for world-readable, write-restricted ICS shares
- Bug 380291: Event movement failure on local or remote events
- Bug 390084: ssl problem: checking task on remote calendar return fatal error 0x80040111
- Bug 379498: WebDAV publish not publishing every time.
- Bug 380746: webdav write failure if HTTP AUTH needed for PUT but not GET
Thanks for your help in checking out this issue. If you find a problem, please add a comment to bug 387559. If you find other crazy behavior, please file a new bug. If you have any questions please ask them in #calendar or #calendar-qa on IRC and we’ll try to help.
Thanks again for your help and happy Testing!