I want to give you a short update on the state of localization for the upcoming Lightning/Sunbird 0.7 release. The RC1 was released last week on October 4th. Since we haven’t noticed any additional serious issues, a RC2 will come within the next few days.
While most localizations look fine from a quick glance, some still have minor issues, which need to be resolved within the next 2-3 days. The affected localizations are:
- Basque (eu): Unlocalized default category names (Bug 399290)
- Hungarian (hu): Missing default preferences (Bug 399241)
- Macedonian (mk): Unlocalized default category names (Bug 399291)
- Punjabi (pa-IN): 50% of user interface strings are displayed in English (Bug 398067)
- Turkish (tr): Missing default preferences (Bug 398046)
As we have seen no reaction from the Mongolian (mn) localizer, there will be no localized Mongolian builds for 0.7.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or post a comment here in the blog.
Thank for the new RC!
I was wondering when you will be able to implement the multicalendar support?!
I’m using the Sun Java System Calendar Express. So far everything is working nice and smooth and i really like the AJAX ;)
But in the Sun Calendar you can create a new sort of sub calendar. The Callid is then username:name_of_2nd_cal and so far Lightning is not able to sync this calendar.
The company im working for is very keen on lightning and wcap feature, but it is absolutely necessary for us to be able to import other secondary calendars.