As you may have noticed, not much has happened since the release of Lightning 1.0 beta 1. One reason for this is that I’ve had 8 Exams in the last three weeks, all of which needed quite an amount of preparation. I haven’t gotten grades for all of them yet, but those I received so far were pretty good.
Now that all of this is through, I have a lot more time for Calendar. I will be enjoying semester vacation until April, which means I can catch up on all the calendar work I have missed.
I’d like to give you a short overview of what my next steps are, so you know what to expect.
- Planning for 1.0 final. We need to firm our goals for Lightning 1.0 final. I’m going to define some toplevel goals I think would be good for the final and go through bugzilla to identify the most important bugs to fit those goals. Afterwards, I will discuss these goals with the Calendar Team more closely.
- Reviews. My review queue has filled up and is now at 35 requests. I have already tagged each patch with its length and will now be taking care of these one by one. I can’t dump in all patches at once so it might take a while until they are all in the tree, but I’ll be pushing more than one a day if the patches come from different areas and the reviews are done.
- Improve Localization Infrastructure. This step is long overdue, we wanted to have this working before 1.0b1 already. It would be a great advantage for Localizers if they could see how their changes affect Lightning builds. To make this happen, I need to work on the buildbot code so it builds localized Lightning packages automatically for the nightly builds.
- Patches. I do have a few patches in the works that need more elaborate testing and also some coding, I would like to complete these soon, as long as they make sense for the next version.
- Planning for 1.0b2. Depending on what the outcome of the 1.0 final planning is (i.e if we think the next version should still be a beta), we will also spend some time planning for 1.0b2. This includes top level goals and also some driving work to get the blocking list into shape.
This should keep me busy for a while, I’ll post again when I have new goals to share. Let me know what you think!