The Calendar Project is proud to report, that (finally) the 1.0 beta2 release of Lightning has been completed and is now available via addons.mozilla.org.
About 6 months after 1.0b1, we have managed to complete 86 further bugfixes and improvements for the benefit of our users. Notable improvements for this release are:
- You can now print out your tasks
- Improved calendar view navigation, performance improved
- Better error handling when adding or subscribing to calendars
- Allow setting different start and end timezones for events and tasks
- CalDAV support and interoperability with various CalDAV servers have been improved
- Performance improvement and reduced network load when accessing certain CalDAV servers (webdav-sync specification)
- The application stability, performance and memory consumption have been improved
Lightning 1.0 beta2 is available for Windows, Mac OS X (universal builds) and Linux in 35 different languages including English. Please read the release notes for Lightning 1.0 beta2 before downloading.
Thank you again to all our developers, contributors, localizers, testers, and supporters. We would not be able to do this without your assistance!