I would like to announce the release of Lightning 1.0b4, which is now available via addons.mozilla.org.
Since our last release, we have fixed 140 bugs. Notable improvements for this release are:
- Accept/Decline Events and Tasks directly via context menu
- Improves CalDAV’s webdav-sync robustness and scalability
- Event creation is now possible via click and drag in the time scale, even with a full schedule
- Reminder window is now sorted ascending, the most important alarms are at the top
- When moving events in the day and week view, you can now use shift to move by single minutes instead of 15 minute intervals.
- Some representation problems have been fixed
- Some problems with events and calendar have been fixed
- New design, especially for Vista/Win7 with Aero support
Lightning 1.0 beta 4 is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux in 37 different languages including English. Please read the release notes for Lightning 1.0 beta 4 before downloading.
As the release has been out since Tuesday, we have noticed that there is an issue with alarms and are working hard to fix this behavior. A new release will be ready in the next few weeks.
Thank you again to all our developers, contributors, localizers, testers, and supporters. You are an essential part of our success, so keep up the good work!