This week has been another busy week for the Calendar Squad. In addition to the general calendar meeting this week (notes here), we also had a separate meeting for Sunbird 0.3a2 release planning. The end result of this meeting was the identification of 3 specific goals for the upcoming release:
- Sunbird 0.3a2 should have no internal dataloss
- Sunbird 0.3a2 should fully utilize the new-views code.
- Sunbird 0.3a2 should have no major regressions from 0.3a1.
As a result of these goals, we did a bit of re-triaging of blockers for 0.3a2, and this current list should be pretty close to final.
Additionally, the following bugs have had fixes checked in since the last status update.
- Bug 325477: (Both) Begin implementing an undo/redo system for Lightning, fix places where Sunbird’s undo/redo system should be used, but isn’t
- Bug 331887: (Both) Make the ‘Choose Calendar’ dialog for import/export resizable
- Bug 330385: (Lightning) ‘My Timezone’ preference isn’t selected when the prefpane loads
- Bug 329669: (Both) Views don’t update after changing timezone setting – restart required
- Bug 327856: (Both) Views don’t display 0-length events
- Bug 266241: (Lightning) Regression fix for previous checkin in this bug.
- Bug 331814: (Both) Convert event dialog’s task percent complete from menulist to textbox with error handling.
- Bug 332037: (Both) Make Sunbird built with MOZ_DEBUG=1 be more obvious.
- Bug 331997: (Both) Edit Task dialog does not update task completed status correctly.
- Bug 326813: (Both) Day/week view: left click on event does should select day too
- Bug 332311: (Lightning) Also apply new winstripe higher contrast buttons to lightning
- Bug 323288: (Sunbird) (Mac only) Makes Sunbird not use Camino’s creator code.
- Bug 325650: (Lightning) Performance fix for tree-refreshing when editing/adding/deleting calendars
- Bug 329737: (Both) Invalid alarms should just report an error, but not stop parsing
- Bug 301748: (Both) calIFileType isn’t l10n friendly
- Bug 329571: (Both) Error when setting composite calendar’s default calendar with usePref==true
- Bug 332268: (Both) Editing start date of all day events adds extra day to end date
- Bug 332270: (Both) Fixes for js-strict warnings
- Bug 326562: (Both) No ‘Visit URL’ button in the new event dialog
- Bug 322768: (Sunbird) Remove dateUtils.js in favor of calIDateTimeFormatter
- Bug 332265: (Sunbird) ‘All’ vs. ‘This occurrence’ selection ignored when deleting recurring event via keyboard.
- Bug 331796: (Both) The recurrence dialog should use dateFormat.properties (reduce l10n workload
- Bug 332443: (Both) In weekview, dragging an item to a different day and different time ends up at the wrong time
Thanks as always to all the testers, hackers, reviewers, etc.
It looks great and it works perfectly on Windows Vista Beta 2 build 5342.