The next test day will be held on Thursday, December 4th. This time we want to take a look at Sunbird and Lightning 1.0pre builds in Thunderbird 3.0b1pre. Please keep in mind both are alpha versions! Therefore you should take following steps:
- Though we do not expect things to go wrong, we always strongly encourage you to back up your profile, and to do your testing on a “test” profile.
- Backing up a profile is easy:
- Find your profile directory: Windows: %AppData%Thunderbird, Linux: ~/.thunderbird, MacOSX: ~/Library/Thunderbird
- Copy the root of it somewhere else, for example copy the Thunderbird directory and everything below it.
- Launch your application with a ‘-P’ option from a terminal prompt.
- Create a new profile by clicking the ‘Create Profile’ button.
- Click ‘Next’, Give it a name like “Testing Profile”, click ‘Finish’.
- Select the testing profile, and click the ‘Start Shredder’ button.
The goal of our test day is to run as many Litmus test cases for Sunbird and Lightning as possible. If you find outdated or broken test cases, please leave a comment.
There are also some fixed tb-integration bugs that need to be verified. You simply have to add a comment to the bug report stating what version and operating system you used while verifying the bug fixed.
Join us in the #calendar-qa IRC channel on Thursday. All the information on the testday is on our usual Test Day wiki page.
Hope to see you in #calendar-qa!